Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

I would have answered the questions asked without coming off as disrespectful and defensive... if you have nothing to hide, then answer... if you get called out and are hiding something, you respond like a little whiny , just like Iger did...

So Iger is a "whiney "? What is the congressman? A manipulative worm who did no research but instead wanted to try to gain popularity to try for John Kerry's Senate seat.

CTXRover

I think they had to publicly derail the assertions the congressman made and make them seem uneducated, whether you personally believe they were or not. It does come off defensive, but I have to agree, why didn't the congressman or his staff try and contact them before putting together a public letter with assertions that seemed to come directly from sites such as ours here? Sure there a solid facts and true concerns, but also a lot of "what if" type scenarios.

I'd like to see the attachment though where they reportedly answer his questions directly. That would be helpful to determine if they really did address his concerns or not.

He didn't answer any questions... He only acted like a spoiled child.. And we wonder why WDW is aimed for 5 year olds?

He acted the way he should of. He called the congressman out, told him how all his questions were answered if you read the website and then proceeded to be do what everyone should do to politicians, put them in their place until they do what they were elected to do.

Captain Chaos

So Iger is a "whiney "? What is the congressman? A manipulative worm who did no research but instead wanted to try to gain popularity to try for John Kerry's Senate seat.
LOL... The Congressman actually sent a respectful letter asking questions and no, didn't come off looking like a whiny , unlike Iger who looked like a punk 5 year old spoiled brat in MK who didn't get the over priced stuffed Mickey Mouse...

Please step out of whatever echo chamber has convinced you that there's such a thing as "the opinion of all americans." This message board alone is pretty split and you want to pretend 300 million+ people all agree with you? :rolleyes:

True, the message board is split. But when you have 36% approval rating I think it is safe to say that the "majority" of americans hate the current congress

RSoxNo1

I have been sitting on this info for months because I really thought that it would come up somewhere here. Maybe not in this thread ... maybe? Who knows? But because I am into conspiracy theories and all (right, @Monty? are you out building a snow Canuck again?) and because I have not seen or heard one person mention this, I figure why not put it out there as well.

No talking sensors in doorways or WDW being the Pedophile's Kingdom of the World or such ... let's go to another topic at least briefly.

It involves the woman married to the dude who doesn't know how to dress for bigtime professional appearances. Weird, especially, given Nick Franklin's pre-Disney career at Goldman Sachs (doesn't it always wind up with a tie to the Street?)

Yes, @TP2000 ... your pal who needs a personal shopper from South Coast Plaza or the Beverly Center (think he lives in Santa Monica, so that would be closer) has a very interesting wife as well. One with her own past at TWDC.

Kathy Franklin worked for Disney from 1998 until 2009 when she left, albeit with a healthy consulting contract.

I'll just read you (and retype, due to my computer's 'funny' relationship with the WDWMAGIC.com site) a quote from THR on 8/9/11.

''Tapped to build the Avatar brand, Kathy Franklin has been named president of franchise development at James Cameron and Jon Landau's Lighstorm [sic] Entertainment. The hire signifies Lightstorm's commmitment, in collaboration with 20th Century Fox, to grow the Avatar name beyond the traditional licensing and merchandising avenues.''

Avatar at DAK was announced on 9/20/11.

Now ... anyone think this was a 'present' for Nick to thank him for this huge new revenue stream he had helped concoct for TWDC?

Y'all discuss. It's a beautiful day in paradise and I'm going out to enjoy!
Well um... damn?

disney fan 13

I think they had to publicly derail the assertions the congressman made and make them seem uneducated. It does come off defensive, but I have to agree, why didn't the congressman or his staff try and contact them before putting together a public letter with assertions that seemed to come directly from sites such as ours here? Sure there a solid facts and true concerns, but also a lot of "what if" type scenarios.

I'd like to see the attachment though where they reportedly answer his questions directly.

Cause next gen is a lot of what ifs...

Captain Chaos

He acted the way he should of. He called the congressman out, told him how all his questions were answered if you read the website and then proceeded to be do what everyone should do to politicians, put them in their place until they do what they were elected to do.
He called out who? He was called out and stomped his feet like a little ... LOL, but go ahead, keep defending the child.. LOL

dhall

LOL... The Congressman actually sent a respectful letter asking questions and no, didn't come off looking like a whiny , unlike Iger who looked like a punk 5 year old spoiled brat in MK who didn't get the over priced stuffed Mickey Mouse...

Respectful? That letter was not respectful, it was a slap in the face and showed a lack of research.

If I were you I would look in the mirror before I call anyone a punk 5 year old spoiled brat, or a whiney ? I mean seriously do you work for the congressman?

Captain Chaos

MattM

trollfacememedonotfeedt.jpg

ParentsOf4

The CEO said what pretty much everyone wanted him to say. I am glad he ripped into the congressman. Maybe now the congressman can actually try to do his job and help the country instead of wasting money on something that if he bothered to research he would of had the answers.

The congressman showed no respect to Disney and to the country so he got no respect in return. Thank God someone spoke out against him and echoed the opinion of all americans.
First, welcome.

Second, what are you talking about?

People have been asking for weeks what exactly is NextGen? Since you are new, perhaps you should first read the couple of hundred posts on these boards expressing concern. I have read everything available on the topic from Disney and assure you they leave all the most important questions unanswered or provide the typical non-reply replies that I've come to expect from Disney.

For any executive, Iger's letter is highly unprofessional. If someone on his staff wrote such a reply to, for example, a state congressman, Iger would have him out the door in no time.

Iger's proper response should have been "Thank you for taking the time to inquire about our new MyMagic+ system. We at Disney are excited about the opportunities it presents to our customers and are happy to answer any questions you might have about it." Blah, blah, blah.

Rep. Markey's letter was professionally written and contained valid questions. It clearly was Iger who showed Rep. Markey no respect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom