Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

Clever Name

Ummmm... Nomanisan
incredibles-blu-ray-trl.jpg

You may not know it by name, but it's instantly recognizable...

It looks like an Ewok village.

Kuhio

No, it holds true - you just interject other, seperate conditions about the program and then use that as a reason to tear down the program as a whole (ethical, legal) vs acknowledging that the lack of explicit external marketability is not a dealbreaker investments. So it shouldn't matter here either. If the thing does its job, offers the intended value, and the company is within itself to spend that money that way - the fact that it can't be put on a TV ad hasn't stopped them before... I don't see it's relevance now.

Scale is different - no doubt. But again, buttons vs monorails... there's a huge difference in there too. Or spending millions producing dorky videos, or installing monitors and effects in queues.. vs the old outdoor switchback.

Not everything is about direct advertising - some things are investments of their own.

Those "separate conditions," as you call them, were inherent in and considered by my original argument. That much, and more, should be abundantly clear to anyone who read my initial post.

I'm not going to waste my time with the Sisyphean chore of refuting your response point by point -- even though you know full well that I'm more than capable of doing so. If, however, you'd like to interpret my disinclination to continue this meaningless discussion as a capitulation of sorts, you are free to do so should it make you feel better.

The bottom line here is that you either utterly failed to understand the fundamental gist of my original post, or you're just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. I'm inclined to believe the latter is the case -- over the years, you've provided this entire message board ample demonstration that you're capable both of cogent insight and of feigning obtuseness to pick a wholly unnecessary debate in an ostensible effort to show off your knowledge.

I'm being completely sincere when I say this: stick with the independent analysis, as that is where you provide the greatest contribution to the board. When you engage other posters in protracted argument and try to prevail simply by wearing them out with an endless series of increasingly off-tangent responses, you do nothing but damage any credibility you may have otherwise worked long and hard to cultivate.

ParentsOf4

Really? you predicted ticket-only purchases being the first to get the real roll-out of the program? Maybe you can point us to those posts? Everyone here was all worried about resort guests and how they were going first.. and low and behold, it's tickets being converted first.. not the other way around.
Glad to accomodate. Some of my earlier posts suggesting NextGen will have to evolve are here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-starts-to-appear.857948/page-29#post-5279283

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ions-and-opinions.857322/page-39#post-5259003

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-starts-to-appear.857948/page-28#post-5278713

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-starts-to-appear.857948/page-21#post-5270387

Quoting myself (a silly thing to do :)):
This is why I’ve previously posted that we should expect to see a lot more changes to NextGen in the next few years. NextGen is a long-term business strategy, not a flavor of the month. People have posted that NextGen will fail. IMHO, NextGen will fail only if Disney changes too much too quickly.
Disney is facing serious blowback and needs to figure out how to get NextGen back on track.

P.S. It's late and I gotta go to sleep for work. Catch you all tomorrow!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Those "separate conditions," as you call them, were inherent in and considered by my original argument. That much, and more, should be abundantly clear to anyone who read my initial post.

Or maybe you didn't convey what you meant...

I'm not going to waste my time with the Sisyphean chore of refuting your response point by point -- even though you know full well that I'm more than capable of doing so. If, however, you'd like to interpret my disinclination to continue this meaningless discussion as a capitulation of sorts, you are free to do so should it make you feel better.

passive aggressive anyone??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom