Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
NEW ATTRACTION?

They are building a huge theater where all guests will sit in stadium seating letting the signal from their MyMagic+ wristband experience all of the shows and attractions.
Doesn't the new Glow With The Show Mouse Ears at Disneyland also have some sort of tracking capabilities?

They must in order for certain areas to change colors separately than the other areas. I've seen a wave effect at WoC so there has to be some kind of tracking who is in what area.

ParentsOf4

Well that's the way you off a Congressman and guarantee a visit to testify before Congress on the Hill... under oath...
You just know Iger and his Legal Dept. spent the entire weekend drafting this response. There are a lot of extremely well-compensated senior executives who are angry they had to blow off their weekend plans to respond to a "mere" Congressman.

Cody5242

@WDW1974 you said Disney was probably going to make some sort of announcement this week to get the attention off of this whole fiasco. Is there still going to be one even though you said it wouldn't be big? Thanks

Rodan75

Just got back from a cruise and a day at the parks and I have a few observations:
1. If you read these forums and haven't been to a park in a while, you would think they are falling apart. They are not. Magic Kingdom and Epcot are looking better than they have in years. The work being done reminds me of the freshening that was done in the 90's.
2. MyMagic+ is clearly no where near ready. I think the original press release and discussion was so that they could start operationalizing the platform and figure out which of the sales promises made by the project team will work. This is going to start as nothing more than an expansion of the KTTW cards issued by the resorts for 2013. I've seen many systems migrations and this one is not ready. It needs time to operationalize. I think that is what George will do. 2013 for the whole system is not doable.
3. Had my first DCL last week. And without a doubt, the more Disney can bring a 'cruise' like experience at an efficient cost to the parks the better it will be for both Disney and their guests. ( assuming they continue building and fixing their attractions)

HenryMystic

Fanboi reaction to Iger's letter:

"This is why Disney is an amazing company. They know how to deal with problems. I trust Disney completely and its a wonder to me why so people don’t. Its like they are out to get the company that has brought us greatness for the past 90 years. Thank You Robert Iger and and Thank You Disney."

(Comment posted on InsideTheMagic)

Troubling no?

No matter how you feel about NextGen, the way Iger responded is nothing to admire. Furthermore, corporations don't deserve unconditional trust.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

"This is why Disney is an amazing company. They know how to deal with problems. I trust Disney completely and its a wonder to me why so people don’t. Its like they are out to get the company that has brought us greatness for the past 90 years. Thank You Robert Iger and and Thank You Disney."

Troubling no?

No matter how you feel about NextGen, the way Iger responded is nothing to admire. Furthermore, corporations don't deserve unconditional trust.

Very. Treating the brand like a loving mother. Strange behavior.

Lee

Adventurer

Troubling no?

Troubling...yes.
Surprising...hardly.

WDW1974

Original Poster
A gem of a comment from Nikki Finke's site:

I like Bob Iger, but be needs to learn his history. It’s this kind of public criticism that killed Disney’s America back in the nineties. A few vocal muckety-mucks started opening their mouths and Eisner responded by peeing right in them. The whole thing got out of hand fast and Disney ran away with its tail between its legs.
Disney should have been engaging these guys from the outset COPPA is a real, unwieldy thing. Like ADA stuff, it is goopy and impossible to master. You’d think if a CEO was going to commit $1b+ to this kind of thing, he’d have these kinds of things covered.
Still, I do like Bob.
Comment by ARACUANBIRD — Monday January 28, 2013 @ 4:46pm PST

ParentsOf4

Yeah...
Perhaps people are finding the response hard to defend.
(And others are just sitting back with a sense of satisfaction that Bob just suffered what the cool Internet kids refer to as a "foot bullet".)
I learned to count to 10 first. Did Iger count to 10 before sending that letter?

If he waited till the end of this week, would he have sent the same letter?

No matter what you think, there are a bunch of intelligent (mostly) guys running TWDC. Are they so absolutely certain this is a battle they will win? Are they so sure Markey is going to back down? Do they know something about Markey that's not part of the public record? Do they want a public fight?

Or did their egos take control?

I did find Iger's letter unprofessional. It's something I would have expected from Eisner, not Iger. At this point, I'm not sure what to think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom