Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

awilliams4

Me no like reading others concerns. Me only like what concerns me. Me hate negativity. Me make everything better. Me should combat negativity with more negativity instead of me avoid situation. :rolleyes:

99% of the people who decide to take the time to sign up for this site LOVE Disney. Why else would anyone bother to search for such a place & post if not? I love my dog. But if he whizzes on the carpet I get annoyed with him & scold him. Why should our love for Disney be any different? If you don't like what you're reading, move on. Random posts telling other posters you don't care for the feel of the thread is not going to change anyone's mind on the subject matter whatsoever.

NextGen is unproven with major privacy concerns amongst other things & costs a LOT of $$$ that all of us have lended to in some form or another. We have a right to be concerned about the future of something we love. And in terms of my analogy above, there's a lot of discolored carpet stains at WDW.

How many years would your dog have to on your carpet on a daily basis before you would find another dog?

Major privacy concerns? Anyone that has a privacy concern with NextGen doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about. What exactly does the Band now have that Disney didn't have before?

Disneyhead'71

How many years would your dog have to on your carpet on a daily basis before you would find another dog?

Major privacy concerns? Anyone that has a privacy concern with NextGen doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about. What exactly does the Band now have that Disney didn't have before?
How many Disney CM's are going to have access to this information? There are 60,000 Disney employees. I don't want all of them knowing my daughters name, her Birthday, what treats she likes, her favorite characters, etc. That really is too much info for 60,000 people to know about my daughter. Especially since we are locals. Is our billing address going to be there?

IWant2GoNow

If it is something I love? Never. However I can punish them by putting them in a time-out phase in their kennel. Which is what I'm planning on doing with WDW until I see some true changes. I hope Cedar Fair, UNI, & SW enjoy my money. They all seem to know what to do with it.

awilliams4

How many Disney CM's are going to have access to this information? There are 60,000 Disney employees. I don't want all of them knowing my daughters name, her Birthday, what treats she likes, her favorite characters, etc. That really is too much info for 60,000 people to know about my daughter. Especially since we are locals. Is our billing address going to be there?

What was on your daughter's room key during your last visit? A picture of Santa Claus? How did you get your daughter a ticket without Disney knowing their age in the past and if you told them her age in the past, where do you think that was kept? On a piece of paper hidden behind the counter at the resort where only one person had access to it?

ParentsOf4

If the contemporary consensus on these boards now is to complain and tell those that are suggesting that there is nothing but complaining now should go elsewhere, shouldn't WDWMagic be changed to WDWSucks first? WDWMagic sure does mislead some in thinking this is a place do something besides complain about WDW.
Please consider the following thread in which people graded WDW.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/your-grade-for-walt-disney-world.843945/

Over half gave WDW a grade of A- or higher. Over 10% gave WDW a grade of A+ despite skyrocketing prices, non-functional animatronics, attraction stagnation, and declining food quality. Pieces are literally falling off attractions. What does WDW have to do to get a grade below A+? Catch on fire?

Conversely, only 1 person gave WDW a grade of F.

If anything, these boards are full of too many who bury their heads in the sand and refuse to see WDW’s many obvious problems.

DLR was fixed largely because DLR fans complained openly and vehemently about the state of DLR. Little will happen at WDW until WDW fans do the same.

Please stop making excuses for TDO’s deplorable behavior. Please stop blaming those who observe WDW's many faults and post them. Those folks didn't create WDW's problems, TDO did.

flynnibus

Premium Member

And something amazingly simple to but limits on. Again, people looking for it to fail... Rather than where it's likely to fail. There is no reason to believe Disney would somehow decide to stop all information security at the point they start collecting MORE information

Possible - but absurdly unlikely

awilliams4

If it is something I love? Never. However I can punish them by putting them in a time-out phase in their kennel. Which is what I'm planning on doing with WDW until I see some true changes. I hope Cedar Fair, UNI, & SW enjoy my money. They all seem to know what to do with it.

So we are on the same page, I am referring to all the posts that basically says Disney sucks and those same posters have been saying it for years now.

They love it so much that they say it sucks on a daily basis? That is some kind of love.

SirLink

Two aspects of privacy 1) the behavioral side of data they will be mining from guests will lead to less of a voice from consumers, 2)Personal data, and let us face it Disney and web services are like oil and water they don't mix.

The Brand doesn't have the ability to let creatives or leaders have an idea and carry it out, or rather can't carry them out in the swamps..."value engineering" ahoy ... the generic One Disney cr@ptackular merchandise ... the unwillingness to invest in maintenance departments ... unwillingness of want to invest in new attractions ... the unwillingness to invest in new entertainment - how long as wishes been running?

They are in a theme park war ... and all Disney is doing is faffing about polishing the silver ware on the Titanic...

disneyflush

I'd question why my dog kept ing there after the 2nd time instead of letting it happen for years. if someone I really liked a lot was acting in a manner I didn't agree with I would try to discuss it or bring it to their attention before just giving up on them and walking away forever. If a few other dog lovers were on a forum discussing that dog breed I'd probably vent about my experience and have discussions about it. I'm sure not all of the threads would concern ing on carpets though.

We mostly love Disney and what it represents. Ignoring something and hoping it gets better rarely does any good. If you see blood in your urine the fix is to bring it to a doctors attention not turning off the lights every time you go to the bathroom.

menamechris

If anything, these boards are full of too many who bury their heads in the sand and refuse to see WDW’s many obvious problems.

DLR was fixed largely because DLR fans complained openly and vehemently about the state of DLR. Little will happen at WDW until WDW fans do the same.

Please stop making excuses for TDO’s deplorable behavior. Please stop blaming whose who observe WDW's many faults and post them. Those folks didn't create WDW's problems, TDO did.

I have nothing to add. This just deserves a second read by everyone....

IWant2GoNow

So we are on the same page, I am referring to all the posts that basically says Disney sucks and those same posters have been saying it for years now.

They love it so much that they say it sucks on a daily basis? That is some kind of love.

I suppose? I'm not sure. I'm pretty indifferent to most people's opinions & just read them for what they are. I'll admit I've been a little more negative than positive lately but the things I've seen first hand & other reports from trusted people just aggrevate me to no end. Link the constant price increases with nothing substantially new & it's a very bad concoction that leaves a terribly bland taste in my mouth.

I mean... our avatars are great examples of something negative that we display on a post by post basis but it's because we know what E:E can be & want it fixed the way it should be. I've not seen many posters be 100% negative & hate everything Disney other than the ones who post negative things because of wanting to see Disney at it's best. And if I HAVE read those posters, I quickly forget that post & move on to the next.

ThemeParks4Life

Over half gave WDW a grade of A- or higher. Over 10% gave WDW a grade of A+ despite skyrocketing prices, non-functional animatronics, attraction stagnation, and declining food quality. Pieces are literally falling off attractions. What does WDW have to do to get a grade below A+? Catch on fire?

Please stop making excuses for TDO’s deplorable behavior. Please stop blaming whose who observe WDW's many faults and post them. Those folks didn't create WDW's problems, TDO did.
Agreed. There's three calibers of people on this forum:

1. Pixie Duster- Someone who has nothing bad to say about Disney and thinks they're perfect.
2. Haters- People who hate everything Disney is doing now and gets trash from Pixie Dusters.
3. True Fan- Someone who loves Disney but knows there are major problems in the parks.

I fall under True Fan.

Alektronic

The personalization aspect of this is surprising. Is it just me or is Disney reaching too far with this, meaning that they're trying to integrate everything into one wrist band and historically when they try to make technological leaps where they are clearly out of their element it usually fails.

Most recently we can look at Test Track where the syncing of your vehicle with your RFID reader is inconsistent. At a meet and greet, this may be easier because you can scan your RFID wrist band right before meeting Cinderella, but what about rides? Nothing tells me that this is going to work seemlessly.

What happens when the entire NexGen crashes? It is going to make everything a mess when everything depends on it. It already has happpened once and not only did it disable all the RFID readers it also took down Test Track and the Be Our Guest restaurant.

alphac2005

I've been on here from the start and only registered back in 2007. I've read quietly while talking to my wife about what is being said on WDWMagic and we make our own observations. Throughout the time up until the past half year or so, I posted on a very rare occasion. I'm not your looking to complain about everything type and have become engaged on the boards because I've seen what's happened to the property from the physical to the fiscal out of our pockets. To be honest, up until not that long ago, a discussions about Disney and their failings got most of the gang berating the posters that would speak honestly about such.

I just want to make the point that as I read here over the past months, I've found many, many people that were silent like myself. They aren't the ones to complain about everything (and I agree with your point that there is certainly a few that while they love everything Disney, it seems as they can do nothing right to those people) and have essentially come out of the woodwork as well because the deficiencies have become so blaring. Disneyland was in an utter state of disrepair during the Paul Pressler era and it was the pressure put on them from the fans and ultimately the So. Cal. media starting to push back against the Disney machine and pointing out these issues.

I've noticed that over the past few months, some of the most solid and intellectually honest discussions about the state company, the properties, and issues have been posted on WDWMagic since the inception of the site. I'll take that any day. If I didn't care about the properties and had a love for them (along with apparently loving large chunks of cash from our bank account :) ), then I would care less to post. Things only change if people, in this case their customer, speak up. For those who say that it won't matter, we'll see. Doing nothing means nothing changes. Look to American history as our largest social changes and progressions have always come from the bottom up, not the top down. Politicians and those with power are many times forced because of the groundswell that while may take some time, ultimately makes change.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If the contemporary consensus on these boards now is to complain and tell those that are suggesting that there is nothing but complaining now should go elsewhere, shouldn't WDWMagic be changed to WDWSucks first? WDWMagic sure does mislead some in thinking this is a place do something besides complain about WDW.
This is supposed to be a discussion. If you disagree with someone with a negative opinion thats fine. Bring up a counter point, throw in some facts and your opinion and add to the conversation. Going to the tired old statement of if you don't like NextGen don't go back to WDW adds nothing to the conversation. It just ends up in the last few pages. Pointless bickering back and forth. I dont really think being negative or being positive makes you a better or worse fan and there is nothing wrong with enjoying WDW without seeing it's flaws. On the flip side people who point out negatives are not in the wrong either. I will say if you don't want to hear criticism of WDW I would avoid threads with the word spirit in them or anything about NextGen.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
What was on your daughter's room key during your last visit? A picture of Santa Claus? How did you get your daughter a ticket without Disney knowing their age in the past and if you told them her age in the past, where do you think that was kept? On a piece of paper hidden behind the counter at the resort where only one person had access to it?

A room key is different, it gets put into a wallet or purse until its used, and only for purchases when not at the resort IF they choose to do that. The wristbands are going to be used for all kinds of things, with CM's using Ipads and smartphones to look at the wristband data on what seems to be any attraction, meet and greet, etc.

Unless you or Disney itself can prove otherwise, it seems to me like they will have a major privacy issue on their hands.

rioriz

I gave it a B+ as a True Fan who has worked and visited for over 30 years. My grade comes from an overall vacation destination. I go to WDW with newbies a lot and have never seen one disappointed. They don't see the flaws many of us see because whether we like it or not most attendes do have pixie dust in their eyes because the experiences offered are none like they have ever seen in their own lives.

When I go I partake in many expeiences. I spend a whole day at FW horseback riding or canoeing. I love to golf or putt putt at the various locations. The water parks are still top notch! I park hop frequently and know how to find that corner in Liberty Square to just sit and enjoy my ice cream. Don't get me started on all the Adult fun that can be had in the World Showcase. The Boardwalk at night still has that magical feeling while staring over at a lit up Spaceship Earth.

I dont have pixie dust in my eyes and recognize the flaws (Uni AP here) but I make my visit to WDW what I make it. If I wanted to be stressed out about every detail I could but I choose not to be. I also choose to go at low peak times and stay a good week or so to lessen the stress.

We all love the place and I have faith, like DL, it will turn around in time. And when that time comes things around here will be better. But lets try not to lessen anothers feelings about the place because they choose to see it through a lens that makes them happy.

disneyeater

Agreed. There's three calibers of people on this forum:

1. Pixie Duster- Someone who has nothing bad to say about Disney and thinks they're perfect.
2. Haters- People who hate everything Disney is doing now and gets trash from Pixie Dusters.
3. True Fan- Someone who loves Disney but knows there are major problems in the parks.

I fall under True Fan.

While I agree with the types, I think that everyone would consider themselves a True Fan and not one of the other categories, no matter what they really are.

SirLink

What happens when the entire NexGen crashes? It is going to make everything a mess when everything depends on it. It already has happpened once and not only did it disable all the RFID readers it also took down Test Track and the Be Our Guest restaurant.

Did one of the pirates do a Yul Brynner and attack guests ... :eek:;):cool:

ParentsOf4

While I agree with the types, I think that everyone would consider themselves a True Fan and not one of the other categories, no matter what they really are.
I think (sorry to put words in someone else’s mouth) ThemeParks4Life's point was that being a "good" WDW fan is a lot like being a "good" parent. Help and encourage your child to do well, chide them a bit when they don't, but always, always love them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom