Spider webs on IASW! Gross!!

DVC4bestvacations

This is not a new issue on any ride. In 1994 we stayed at the WL 6mos after it opened. This trip was the first time I got the feeling that WDW management was trying to control costs. The bus service was very slow no mater where we wanted to go. Some of the aspects of the parks had lost there shine and customer service was just ok.

Fast forward to 2001. My wife and I stayed at the GF for a long weekend. Our room was ready at check in. The bellhop that helped us with our bags was very informative. He said one of the big problems Disney was up against was finding quality CM's. Back in the day WDW only hired "all American young people" that we're required to buy into Walt's ways. Back in the day if you remember CM's couldn't wear a watch, have any jewelry except a wedding band, no facial hair, and be physically fit. Times have changed, now they have to compete with the other Orlando theme parks when recruiting employees. Bottom line is not every new employee will buy into Walt's way of running the show. They sign on for a paycheck and do the minimum that is expected of them. No different than what happens in any other business in the USA.

It take 2mins to remove those cobwebs in the OP's picture with a dust mop on a pole. Before that will happen there has to be a manager or lead that gives a crap or a maintenance worker willing to take the initiative.

Before any of you CM's flame me let me say this. I know there are many of you that work at WDW because you want to be part of the magic. You go that extra mile everyday to enhance my and every other Guests experience. You take pride in your work. For that I thank you!

Last edited:

John

Honestly, if you look at all the major issues and problems with the world today (not Disney, but the world in general) complaining about a cobweb on a ride is a very silly matter to be complaining about...be lucky you don't have life threatening cancer, are fighting in a war, are homeless, or just lost a job, a loved one, lost a home, or high gas prices, or crazy health insurance in the US, or anything else of that nature and tell me complaining about a spider web doesn't sound like te dumbest thing on earth!?! There are far better things to be complaining about, not some dumb cobweb on a ride at an amusement park...people seriously need to get their priorities straight and not get their panties all in a bunch over something so minuscule that most people wouldn't even have noticed...

WHOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAA wait a minute ......just wait a minute. First you have no idea who Alissa is and what her personal life is. Second this is a discussion forum about WDW. It was something that she found to be out of line with what we consider quality control. Maintence has been slipping at WDW for years and this is just more proof. Sure there are bigger things in the world to worry about...but that isn't what we discuss here. People wouldn't notice? She noticed!

It is well known that Disney reads sites like this, it isn't a stretch to think maybe they will see this and it will just add to the general view of WDW by a lot of guest. If you don't like this thread I suggest reading hundreds of others here at the magic.

John

What a lot of people do not know about WDW now is that a lot of the cleaning duties are contracted out now to subcontractors. These workers do not care about the "Disney" difference. They no idea about the legacy. They are understaffed and over worked. DO I blame them? No. I blame Disney for cost cutting and not caring. You don't think the managers don't see this? of course they do. This is just a small sample of the overall condition of the resort itself. I stayed at POP last January and someone spilled a drink in the elevator. A sticky mess. It was there during my entire stay. Did I report it? Nope....in fact I didn't report it on purpose. See my mother worked for Disney for 17 years. Opened that resort up. The managers are supposed to inspect the resort everyday. I wanted to see how long the spot would stay there. I finally reported it on my last day with other things I noticed. Rusted outdoor furniture....shrubbery unkempt. I seen smoking areas at bars in better condition. Was I a D&Ger to see these things? Did it ruin my visit? no......but it sure didn't make it any better either. We as guest should expect and we deserve better.

BoarderPhreak

...It take 2mins to remove those cobwebs in the OP's picture with a dust mop on a pole. Before that will happen there has to be a manager or lead that gives a crap or a maintenance worker willing to take the initiative...
Exactly! Don't expect minimum wage CMs to care. It has to start from the top down, and requires managers to do their JOB. In the end, it is their responsibility to ensure that the items under their domain are the best they can be. Clearly someone isn't doing this. Mechanical breakdowns happen. Things needing refurb, a timeline w/contractors and permits another. But basic maintenance isn't rocket science. Have some pride in your job, what you're representing - or make room for someone that does.

rsoxguy

It goes beyond cobwebs. It's indicative of a larger issue. ;)

It sure is man, it sure is...
663300757cbd3a495d4f775f24cd7951.jpg

Expo_Seeker40

I think complaining about a silly cobweb, (one which you probably have hidden in a corner of your own house) is unacceptable and gross. Disneyworld is the size of like 3 Manhattan islands, you can't expect every inch to be absolutely perfect. That's just not a realistic expectation...

Tell that to custodial and park ops, who worked at night in the 70s and 80s and went thru the attractions every night to look for broken effects and upkeep and had those attractions cleaned by 6am and had to pencil in a time to repair broken effects the following day when they sent in their report.

JerseyDad

......but ...without the cobwebs ...what will the spiders use to lower themselves onto the heads of the guests?

....remember ..."It's a small world" ...and that much smaller for the arachnid population ....it's their small world too ....and they were here first!! ;)

Jimmy Thick

Um, some spiders can spin elaborate webs in as little as 30 minutes, some can spin six feet a minute.

So without knowing the species of the native spiders for this region, this could just be one of those, " Its a real world life thing", instead of the intended D & G fiasco/ sarcastic jab its trying so very hard to be.

Jimmy Thick- <--- Not impressed, slightly amused in a clown car kind of way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom