Spider webs on IASW! Gross!!

HouCuseChickie

I didn't, but I certainly can. Do you know where I should send it?

I submitted a complaint last year regarding excessive ride breakdowns. I believe I just used the contact us by email portion of the website. The only downfalls are that they don't have any way for you to attach a photo and there is a small character limit...although I'm not seeing the limit this time. You could still try and note that you have pictures and were advised to notify them after posting said photos to a heavily frequented Disney fan forum. They were very interested to talk to me about my issues- so hopefully they'll be the same way for you.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

Goofyernmost

I didn't, but I certainly can. Do you know where I should send it?
To be honest, I do not know exactly, but, I'm sure that there are many on this site that could tell you where to direct it. I know I sent a complaint years ago to the general Disney e-mail address and received a call a few weeks later and had an hour long discussion with someone from there when they called me at home.

EDIT: See I told you someone would know. That is the address in the post above that I sent mine too.

StarWarsGirl

Did you ride more than once and see it on multiple days? Because spider, nasty things, can and will spin a web in about an hour. If you saw it multiple days, I'd be concerned, but if you were only there once and saw it, they may have gotten it cleaned up and it had just formed while the ride was operating during the day. I live in a wooded area and regularly find new spider webs where there previously were none. Thankfully the cat takes care of the spiders that come in the house.

EpcoTim

Honestly, if you look at all the major issues and problems with the world today (not Disney, but the world in general) complaining about a cobweb on a ride is a very silly matter to be complaining about...be lucky you don't have life threatening cancer, are fighting in a war, are homeless, or just lost a job, a loved one, lost a home, or high gas prices, or crazy health insurance in the US, or anything else of that nature and tell me complaining about a spider web doesn't sound like te dumbest thing on earth!?! There are far better things to be complaining about, not some dumb cobweb on a ride at an amusement park...people seriously need to get their priorities straight and not get their panties all in a bunch over something so minuscule that most people wouldn't even have noticed...

Instead of typing that inane post you could have been out working at a food bank or standing at a gas pump helping people pay for their gas.

Now, what you need to do, so that the rest of the internet realizes how awful it is, is go to every other board and repeat this. Mountain biking forums, photography forums, forums for new mothers.......you need to remind them all that their hobbies are stupid and that health insurance is crazy.

Hurry up, its a big gosh darn internet.

EpcoTim

Did you ride more than once and see it on multiple days? Because spider, nasty things, can and will spin a web in about an hour. If you saw it multiple days, I'd be concerned, but if you were only there once and saw it, they may have gotten it cleaned up and it had just formed while the ride was operating during the day. I live in a wooded area and regularly find new spider webs where there previously were none. Thankfully the cat takes care of the spiders that come in the house.

If you look at that photo you can see years of filth up there.

Sans Souci

Instead of typing that inane post you could have been out working at a food bank or standing at a gas pump helping people pay for their gas.

Now, what you need to do, so that the rest of the internet realizes how awful it is, is go to every other board and repeat this. Mountain biking forums, photography forums, forums for new mothers.......you need to remind them all that their hobbies are stupid and that health insurance is crazy.

Hurry up, its a big gosh darn internet.

The social worker in me loves this. Thank you, even though you are a Cubs fan. :cautious:

My grandfather is a Comiskey. :p

#Don'tStopBelievin'

#NaNaNaNaHeyHeyHeyGoodBye

Last edited:

Alektronic

View attachment 38931 When I rode IASW 2 weeks ago I was really upset at what I saw. Going under the last bridge before we get off the boat the bridge was filthy with cob webs hanging down!! A piece of the cob web almost hit someone's head. Seriously Disney you cant send someone to wipe the dirt, filth and cob webs off the bridge?? This is really unacceptable!!GROSS!!

Do you know who is assigned to clean inside the rides? That's right, no one. Custodial just cleans the queue lines. entry and exit areas, and empties the trash.

Zweiland

All of you complaining about the cobwebs, get over yourself! We all know that the real problem lies in the living conditions of the spiders who are endlessly forced to listen to the IASW loop for months on end. :rolleyes:

Someone should start a thraed about that. "Depressed Spider at It's A Small World" or something along that vein. :p

Animaniac93-98

Do you know who is assigned to clean inside the rides? That's right, no one. Custodial just cleans the queue lines. entry and exit areas, and empties the trash.

The bridge in question is part of the queue and its poor condition (beyond the spiderwebs) has been noted for months. If management and staff are going to argue about how many inches apart things have to be in order to qualify as part of their job than WDW is truly a bureaucratic farce.

luv

That poor bridge. I make a point to try to not look at it any longer, lol...but its hard if you're stuck there to do anything but notice the filth. It's actually better now than it was for a while, though. For a while there, it was...worse...lots of green-brown ickiness. Then they cleaned it up fairly nicely.

Baby steps of improvement. :)

I don't think the custodial/maintenance staff is necessarily lazy. There may just not be enough of them to get the jobs done.

Alektronic

The bridge in question is part of the queue and its poor condition (beyond the spiderwebs) has been noted for months. If management and staff are going to argue about how many inches apart things have to be in order to qualify as part of their job than WDW is truly a bureaucratic farce.

They just do minimal cleaning where people walk. Custodial is one of the worse ran dept's there. Management is the biggest problem there, they never check up on their workers and just let everything slide by.

Runmyhorse

I can tell you this I lost a hair clip on our first night in mk five days later I found my hair clip in the line for thunder railroad. So my clip had been setting in the line for 5 days. I know its my clip cause my name is on it cause of im in cosmetology school. This just shows you that dont take cleaning very serious. It cant hurt to run a broom. I do expect disney to keep clean. Maybe not the first day or even the second day but by the third day yes I do expect them to use a broom or something.

Sped2424

No it's not sarcasm. There are far more better and bigger things to complain about than a silly cobweb...
Dude that's such a simple fix, all it takes is someone to go there with a swifer, this is just pure corporate laziness so they don't have to pay someone to do it. If you are paying 95 dollars to enter a theme park, yeah it is a problem and should be a big deal. WDW used to pride itself on its quality and cleanliness. This is literally the easiest fix ever. Either custodians are being lazy (doubtful) or TDO doesn't wanna pay for that kinda maintenance overnight (bingo).

Sped2424

Honestly, if you look at all the major issues and problems with the world today (not Disney, but the world in general) complaining about a cobweb on a ride is a very silly matter to be complaining about...be lucky you don't have life threatening cancer, are fighting in a war, are homeless, or just lost a job, a loved one, lost a home, or high gas prices, or crazy health insurance in the US, or anything else of that nature and tell me complaining about a spider web doesn't sound like te dumbest thing on earth!?! There are far better things to be complaining about, not some dumb cobweb on a ride at an amusement park...people seriously need to get their priorities straight and not get their panties all in a bunch over something so minuscule that most people wouldn't even have noticed...
what in the name of irrelevant topics to an argument are you going on about? It really irks me when people try to play this card, using those examples are just about as aggravating as anything. Life could be even more terrible so don't try and talk and discuss what should be done to make it better! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Literally almost everyone on this board has probably dealt with one of those issues, this is life. That doesn't take away someones right/ability to grip on a company when they are making a legitimate mistake in upkeep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom