Speculation on the SOA and LMA piece of land at Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

This may have been already asked but what is the reasoning behind keeping the Hollywood theme for tot etc.? I mean if everything else is going to be IP themed doesn't it stick out?
You can't change everything. Something needs to run while they change the rest.

And "if it ain't broke..." and all that.

ToT is IP-based.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
I want something unique at the level of Cars Land. I don't want a clone from DCA, there needs to be some uniqueness.

I don't plan to travel to Disneyland more than maybe once in my life so having Carsland in my home base of WDW will be unique to me.

DisDan

Yes please!!!! All you need is an amazing food item here that you can't find anywhere else on property, some signature item, and the place will be a hit. Theme it to Swedish chef and you are good to go. It's such a small footprint I really don't see them getting rid of muppets. Side note- I think it would be cool if they had statues of the different directors throughout the park in their lands: Jim Henson, George Lucas, and John Lasseter (in his Hawaiian shirt of course). Great way to honor them and their work.

Like Ms. Piggy's Pulled Pork-n-Bacon Burger?

G WDW

Back to the Pizza Planet thing, I think that it would be incredibly cool if they made a pizza restaurant in TSL and re-themed pizza planet to the Muppets theme. In TSL, they could do something where it looks like you're entering a huge pizza box from pizza planet, since WDI said that the land would look like you're shrunken down to the size of a toy in Andy's backyard

TL;DR- Pizza restaurant in TSL shaped like a pizza box

G WDW

An incredibles ride could be absolutely incredible, if done correctly. I think that they could either go with a ride system like spiderman in IoA or like the original Harry potter ride with the VUVA arm (I think that's what it's called). Maybe an Incredibles ride like spiderman and a Monsters Inc door ride with the Vuva arm? Not trying to recreate Uni rides at HS but I also think that the ride system used in escape from gringotts could work beautifully in Star Wars ride, especially the one with the fight between the First Order and Resistance.

As for the whole Pixar Land vs. TSL, I think Pixar Land (my preference) would be great in that it would have a rich library of characters to make a ton of great rides, but the land would look a bit fragmented, considering the different places Pixar movies take place in. On the other hand, TSL is (seemingly) a bit lacking on exciting new rides, but the scenery should be amazing. TSL is also a good thing for the younger kids who really have very little to do in HS compared to the other parks.

For the empty space, I would not like to see Cars Land, ESPECIALLY if it would be a smaller/dumbed-down version of the one at Dca. I would rather see Pixar rides such as the aforementioned Monsters Inc and Incredibles rides in the area where LCA and SoA are now. I think (in a while after SWL, TSL, and whatever is in the LCA/SoA area) a villains section would be PHENOMENAL. Maybe they could expand behind RnRc or around where the animation building is (don't know if there's ample space). I would love to see a dark ride there,and maybe a thrilling coaster, kind of like EE

Disneyhead'71

An incredibles ride could be absolutely incredible, if done correctly. I think that they could either go with a ride system like spiderman in IoA or like the original Harry potter ride with the VUVA arm (I think that's what it's called). Maybe an Incredibles ride like spiderman and a Monsters Inc door ride with the Vuva arm? Not trying to recreate Uni rides at HS but I also think that the ride system used in escape from gringotts could work beautifully in Star Wars ride, especially the one with the fight between the First Order and Resistance.

As for the whole Pixar Land vs. TSL, I think Pixar Land (my preference) would be great in that it would have a rich library of characters to make a ton of great rides, but the land would look a bit fragmented, considering the different places Pixar movies take place in. On the other hand, TSL is (seemingly) a bit lacking on exciting new rides, but the scenery should be amazing. TSL is also a good thing for the younger kids who really have very little to do in HS compared to the other parks.

For the empty space, I would not like to see Cars Land, ESPECIALLY if it would be a smaller/dumbed-down version of the one at Dca. I would rather see Pixar rides such as the aforementioned Monsters Inc and Incredibles rides in the area where LCA and SoA are now. I think (in a while after SWL, TSL, and whatever is in the LCA/SoA area) a villains section would be PHENOMENAL. Maybe they could expand behind RnRc or around where the animation building is (don't know if there's ample space). I would love to see a dark ride there,and maybe a thrilling coaster, kind of like EE
You were close Kuka Robotics for the potter ride

ctrlaltdel

Somehow had a good idea earlier in the thread about bringing a completely indoor Cars ride set on a racetrack. You could have a similar ride system, while also creating something unique to WDW. They could even make the showbuilding look like a giant stadium from the outside.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Eh? It is not that expensive to travel to Cali and do Disneyland.

It's not about money, it's that there isn't anything really pulling me to want to go there besides Carsland. A majority of the rides are the same and that's fine. I'd like to visit at least once since its Walts park but that's good enough for me. So to have them give me Carsland here would be ideal for me. I can visit it as much as I want and not have to fly to Cali for one or two experiences I can't get here. It also opens me up to spend that money on cruises which gives me a nice alternative to the theme park experience.

SirLink

It's not about money, it's that there isn't anything really pulling me to want to go there besides Carsland. A majority of the rides are the same and that's fine. I'd like to visit at least once since its Walts park but that's good enough for me. So to have them give me Carsland here would be ideal for me. I can visit it as much as I want and not have to fly to Cali for one or two experiences I can't get here. It also opens me up to spend that money on cruises which gives me a nice alternative to the theme park experience.

Well there is the beauty of Cali also, plus most of the classic experiences are simply better at DL like Pirates or Small World.

Brian Swan

So I think everyone would agree that there is still a plot of land where we all thought Carsland was gonna go. Steve mentioned that the plans were changed and there was still stuff unannounced. So if it's not Carsland, what would they have changed it to? Some form of Marvel? There was talk recently that Uni and Disney were trying to work out a deal. Maybe Indiana Jones? There was speculation about the ride finally come over and the new restaurant concept at DTD had been received well. Possibly a different Pixar franchise? But then why not just make it Pixar Land and include many different franchises? Or could it be something more girl oriented? The park is now leaning very boy heavy, which was the opposite complaint when they announced New Famtasyland.

What are your thought or predictions?
It would be relatively simple to reface SOA into a Monstropolis street, and as it ends more or less at LMA, there could be room for a large show building to house "something"...

Every time I watch Ratatouille, and they get to the part where he is "rafting" through the sewers I think what an awesome ride that would be; kind of like Kali, but entirely indoors. If they wanted to be ambitious, they could even include a switching mechanism that led to 2 or 3 different final portions...

Brian Swan

Here's my ideal setup, but I doubt that this would happen.

Muppets around Muppet Vision 3D, with a new dark ride (D-Ticket) and restaurant. Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose re-themed.

Monstropolis on SOA/HISTK with the door coaster (E-Ticket), relocated laugh floor (C-Ticket) and restaurant. A dark ride would be nice as well, but I doubt it.

Incredibles area on LMA/part of the backlot with an E-Ticket dark ride.

With the rest of the land being devoted to Cars or another Pixar franchise.
They already have a Monstors dark ride in DCA, and it's actually quite well done - certainly more fun than LM. Short of investing in a new trackless dark ride, cloning that one would certainly add to the area.

chiefs11

It would be relatively simple to reface SOA into a Monstropolis street, and as it ends more or less at LMA, there could be room for a large show building to house "something"...

Every time I watch Ratatouille, and they get to the part where he is "rafting" through the sewers I think what an awesome ride that would be; kind of like Kali, but entirely indoors. If they wanted to be ambitious, they could even include a switching mechanism that led to 2 or 3 different final portions...
Maybe so, and the switch to different endings might be cool... but the thought of rafting through the sewers is not very appealing! lol

Brian Swan

I think if Marvel were ever to be allowed in Walt Disney World, that has the potential to be a fifth gate in it of itself.
Hollywood Adventure could showcase their Star Wars, Pixar and Indiana Jones IPs.
The fact is, SW could - SHOULD be the 5th gate park. There are so many environments and characters in even the first 6 films, there would be NO problem devoting a whole park to it...

Disneyhead'71

But if they give you something of that caliber, you could visit that all you want, and still visit Cars Land. You would have 2 lands to enjoy.

"Be A Pig! Be A Pig! Be A Pig!"

"Why not both?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom