SpectroMagic "Chuckie Dolls" are now face characters

celebrat

My SpectroMan tells me that for the first parade on the 14th, they were told to have no facial expression. For the second parade on the 14th, they were told to smile instead. I'm going tonight so I think I'll upload a video of the new, smiling SpectroMen ;)

I was told also that the crowd reaction to the SpectroMen was, on the whole, more positive.

janni518

Ziigy Stardust at his finest

big_david_bowie_ziggy_stardust.jpg

ZIGGY_STARDUST.David_Bowie.1.tif.big.jpg

MOJOBowiecoverlarge.jpg

:ROFLOL: Here's to us old enough to remember David from these days.

Just got the new anniversary edition of Labyrinth.:sohappy:

Okay back to the subject...

Thanks for posting the pics.

Those are some odd looking characters. What is that last one doing??? Looks kinda kinky.:lookaroun

BwanaBob

My SpectroMan tells me that for the first parade on the 14th, they were told to have no facial expression. For the second parade on the 14th, they were told to smile instead. I'm going tonight so I think I'll upload a video of the new, smiling SpectroMen ;)

I was told also that the crowd reaction to the SpectroMen was, on the whole, more positive.
WONDERFUL!

Please do! I don't understand why they would insist on NOT smiling/facial expressions... even for one showing.

Maybe 'mgmt' is just trying to get a rile out of us!

:lol:

*looking forward to your updated video!*

Lucky596

I don't know about this.....

I'll have to see these new spectopeople in person to make a judgement. Although the "chucky" masks were a bit frightening, I got used to them.
:shrug:

PS. I HATE CLOWNS!
:mad: :eek:

hack2112

Good news from the Magic Kingdom! Just saw Spectromagic last night, and they have gone back to the masks. Just thought you ought to know!

DznyChick

OK, I am afraid of clowns, so the masks AND the faces are freaky to me.:lookaroun See, like, I think when ya zoom in on the face character versions, their scary features are more apparent than they would be to the regular parade-watcher. But idk, I haven't actually seen them live, so I'll have to let the people who have say. :shrug:

I think the thing I hate the most about this change is even though they always scared me, it was almost a joke to my family. Whenever we'd go see SpectroMagic, we'd always get excited at the creepiness of them...lol, that makes no sense I'm sure, but I guess what I mean is that the masks kinda have a lot of memories attached to them since they've been around forever. :)

mickeymouse2818

I've always like the masks because they always used to look cartoonish to me. I see that they were trying to go for a more whimsical look but I think they took it one step too far.

spectrodanny

Get a version of Dreamlights or Fantillusion on the streets FAST! these things look UGLY! i can see Spectro's popularity go downhill fast w/ this change

Sir Hiss527

I really do not like this new change..I don't think this will stay for a while, especially if people contact. I think the reason they did this was probablly to save a buck or two. It may be cheaper to buy makeup, instead of buying batteries everynight for the spectromen. We'll see if this sticks around.

jt04

I really do not like this new change..I don't think this will stay for a while, especially if people contact. I think the reason they did this was probablly to save a buck or two. It may be cheaper to buy makeup, instead of buying batteries everynight for the spectromen. We'll see if this sticks around.

OSHA, masks won't be back, too risky:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom