SpectroMagic "Chuckie Dolls" are now face characters

Good grief. I never could stand those things. Now they look more strange than ever. :ROFLOL: I always felt that they should have used familar characters in place of those little people. They could have used the smaller characters like Huey, Duey, & Louie, Winnie the Pooh, etc.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

TedsMom

Oh, I don't care for those at all!!! Very scary!
I liked the light-up masks better...they were sort of whimsical, although I never quite understood how they "fit" into the parade.

disneygoof1

Why??????????

They look like ghosts or someone gave the Spectromen bluish "black" eyes.

Does anyone know why it was changed? Was there a problem with the color changing masks?

Alot of the people who were doing the spectromen were complaining about TMJ, Because in order to keep those masks on, your mouth had to be open the entire time.

Sir Hiss527

Alot of the people who were doing the spectromen were complaining about TMJ, Because in order to keep those masks on, your mouth had to be open the entire time.

Why would your mouth have to be open the entire time? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the masks similar to the characters heads in the park?

majorrfb

Sprectrofaces

Oh, I don't care for those at all!!! Very scary!
I liked the light-up masks better...they were sort of whimsical, although I never quite understood how they "fit" into the parade.

My kids were both freaked out with the lighted "chuckie" type faces. Frankly, I enjoyed the "look" for that very reason. Some mystery and wonder as to the real meaning for the character. I still love the parade and never miss it when attending the Magic Kingdom.:ROFLOL:

dbogue

I saw spectro twice last week, and you know the problem? The performers do not have any expression! They sit there and look depressed! It annoys me so much. At least the old ones looked happy. Please bring the old ones back!!

PirateTreasure2

My kids were both freaked out with the lighted "chuckie" type faces. Frankly, I enjoyed the "look" for that very reason. Some mystery and wonder as to the real meaning for the character. I still love the parade and never miss it when attending the Magic Kingdom.:ROFLOL:
I agree with you.

dandaman

picard-headesk.jpg

DizneyPryncess

oh wow, creepy! thanks for posting! those scare me, and would scare my mother even more who is terrified of clowns & jesters of all sorts.

those remind me of cirque de soleil creatures

tinkerblonde11

Wow... The old faces were kind of creepy but at the same time, they looked very happy and animated. These new ones just look depressed and scary. I wonder why they changed them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom