Spectro-Magic

stevemorriswdw

Original Poster
Has anybody heard anything new on Spectro Magic? What are they doing to the it? Are they refurbing it or are they changing somethings to it? Does anybody know when its coming back? :shrug:

disney4life2008

Unfortunantly, there are 2 camps on this one:

1) Spectromagic will not return and is being shipped overseas. With the popularity of World of Color at Disneyland, MSEP is guarenteed at least for 2 years at Magic Kingdom.

2) Some are speculating that Spectromagic will return next summer but I do not see it. But it would be my dream for it to return with new additions (do not touch my music!).

I strongly dislike MSEP but its "historical" fan base is too strong for a revolt. But at minimum, we are stuck with this garbage for at least another year or so.

rodserling27

I don't look for it to return to Walt Disney World.
You and me both.
I strongly dislike MSEP but its "historical" fan base is too strong for a revolt. But at minimum, we are stuck with this garbage for at least another year or so.
GASP!!! Blasphemy! "This garbage?" Oh come on. You're allowed to like SpectroMagic more than MSEP, but it certainly isn't garbage. Breaks my heart.

the-reason14

You and me both.

GASP!!! Blasphemy! "This garbage?" Oh come on. You're allowed to like SpectroMagic more than MSEP, but it certainly isn't garbage. Breaks my heart.

I know Spectro ran for years on end between now and the last time MSEP was there. But to me, after a couple of visits, the music to MSEP will get annoying. It's not a parade I think I'll ever stage up and watch again, but strolling through the park when it's running and hearing the music time and time again is too much. Bring back Spectro please.

Tigger1988

This, it's amazing how many Spectro fans I've seen on the board throw around insults in order to build up their favorite parade.

Hopefully MSEP will remain throughout the 40th anniversary next year, only fitting.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Spectro could continue for many years to come if it were sponsored and had a major structural and electrical overhaul....

Hopefully MSEP will remain throughout the 40th anniversary next year, only fitting.
MSEP is a Disneyland original, not WDW. As fond a memory as it may be it only arrived (on land) in Orlando in 1977.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
It's my hope that Spectro will be brought back to the MK during the 40th anniversary as a "gift" to WDW guests. I'm leaving for the "World" in the morning (9/27) and plan on leaving a :( comment with guest relations regarding the absence of Spectro. While I like the MSEP, it belongs at DL whereas Spectro belongs to MK. Hopefully during the Spectro hiatus, the parade units will be updated along with the audio. (Please don't change the music-just restore it to its original glory.) It's hard to believe that Spectro has had a longer presence in the MK than the MSEP has.

_Scar

I'm well aware, regardless it's still a WDW classic. It would be more than fitting for it to remain during the 40th.

In your opinion.

It's my hope that Spectro will be brought back to the MK during the 40th anniversary as a "gift" to WDW guests. I'm leaving for the "World" in the morning (9/27) and plan on leaving a :( comment with guest relations regarding the absence of Spectro. While I like the MSEP, it belongs at DL whereas Spectro belongs to MK. Hopefully during the Spectro hiatus, the parade units will be updated along with the audio. (Please don't change the music-just restore it to its original glory.) It's hard to believe that Spectro has had a longer presence in the MK than the MSEP has.

EXACTLY.

MSEP is a Disneyland classic. Spectro is a Magic Kingdom classic.

If I am thinking about this correctly, Spectro Magic is the only parade besides the new Dream Lights to never leave its home.

It would ONLY make sense for it to be represented in the 40th! I'd argue that more, but it's pretty self-explanatory why I believe this :)

DisneyBoi1215

I do have to admit that I love the music and elegance that Spectro brings to MK, but there is something about MSEP that makes it so much more charming and beloved by all that view the parade on a nightly basis. I can't help every night I have the opportunity to view the parade to step back and listen to the guest's POSITIVE reactions to the parade, many of which were reflective memories of years' past, and some were praising MK for bringing back a superior parade than Spectro. Let's face it, both parades have certain qualities that fans love, but MSEP will always be a true WDW classic. Spectro on the other hand, really needs a major overhaul. I say ship it to Tokyo and let's keep MSEP.

jjharvpro

DL guests seem to miss MSEP. I say keep it for the 40th anniversary, then bring back Spectro in the next couple of years after a refurb

Tigger1988

I do have to admit that I love the music and elegance that Spectro brings to MK, but there is something about MSEP that makes it so much more charming and beloved by all that view the parade on a nightly basis. I can't help every night I have the opportunity to view the parade to step back and listen to the guest's POSITIVE reactions to the parade, many of which were reflective memories of years' past, and some were praising MK for bringing back a superior parade than Spectro. Let's face it, both parades have certain qualities that fans love, but MSEP will always be a true WDW classic. Spectro on the other hand, really needs a major overhaul. I say ship it to Tokyo and let's keep MSEP.

Agreed with everything you said. Had some interesting conversations with guests while waiting for the parade. Many had made trips to WDW this summer specifically to see MSEP's return.

jjharvpro

Agreed with everything you said. Had some interesting conversations with guests while waiting for the parade. Many had made trips to WDW this summer specifically to see MSEP's return.

That was for sure a huge part of Summer Nightastic!--if not the main part--I have heard the same from people who went over the summer!

DisneyParksFan1

In your opinion.

EXACTLY.

MSEP is a Disneyland classic. Spectro is a Magic Kingdom classic.

If I am thinking about this correctly, Spectro Magic is the only parade besides the new Dream Lights to never leave its home.

It would ONLY make sense for it to be represented in the 40th! I'd argue that more, but it's pretty self-explanatory why I believe this :)

You hit the nail on the head.

I honestly think that Spectro fits way better in WDW. It's our classic.

They should just bring it back for the 40th with updated music, floats, lighting, structures, and some new units here and there. Do NOT touch the Spectromen and do NOT touch the music. The Spectromen give it a backstory and the music has this grand feeling to it which makes the night truly magical.

EDIT: I must say, it has had a great impact in guests. It's a very nostalgic parade, but hey, DL'ers were mad when we got MSEP, I mean, if they want MSEP, then give 'em MSEP. Oh! But no! I forgot, they have a cooler toy now! World of Color.

As a fan of MSEP, I am glad it's back. But it is from Disneyland where I first saw it as a kid. It was also the thing I remember about going to DW when we moved to FL as a kid, and the the first parade I saw when I started going as a adult. With that said Spectro should only be seen in the Magic Kingdom and should come back for the 40th. MSEP should finish the year, then only come back for special showings and events.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom