Spectro-Magic

_Scar

I don't really find SpectroMagic to be inspiring. I find it to be....well...boring. I feel like it tries too hard to "inspire" and falls short of it, whereas Wishes delivers on just that. IN fact, go ahead and save the "wonder and awe" for the fireworks, it works better that way. When I see a parade, I want a quick tempo, bouncey music and fun floats. I don't need to be inspired by anything. MSEP forever! :slurp:

What is it trying to inspire you to do? It's not meant to inspire at all! MSEP doesn't either. Maybe that's the problem. You're looking for a message, but it's only there for pure entertainment.

It's one of the few things that doesn't have all that "dreams" and "wishes" crap.

Wishes is the sappy one imo. Once you go Nightastic Fireworks, you never go back.

RunnerEd

What is it trying to inspire you to do? It's not meant to inspire at all! MSEP doesn't either. Maybe that's the problem. You're looking for a message, but it's only there for pure entertainment.

It's one of the few things that doesn't have all that "dreams" and "wishes" crap.

Wishes is the sappy one imo. Once you go Nightastic Fireworks, you never go back.

Agreed. I really wish they had taken the opportunity of the Wishes break to plus it a little....I love the peremiter firing locations!!!!!

devoy1701

I love how people sit here and say...

"oh i'm all about emotion and MSEP CLEARLY misses the mark"

or "Spectro is TRULY SUPERIOR in every way"

whatever. Too each his own.

I think that there is more audience interaction with MSEP simply because of the upbeat cut time signature that is easy to tap to. But just because it's older, or Spectro is newer, or that Spectro originated at MK and MSEP was an adaptation of DL's, or that THIS version of MSEP is DL's version doesn't really make one better than the other.

Personally I like MSEP better...and I like the original MSEP music better than what we currently have. But overall, one parade isn't really better than the other, or more emotional than the other. They're just different experiences. Shoot, if I had room to Waltz around with my fiance while Spectro was running, I might like that one better! Again...it's just different strokes.

sheesh.

allgar

I think that there is more audience interaction with MSEP simply because of the upbeat cut time signature that is easy to tap to. But just because it's older, or Spectro is newer, or that Spectro originated at MK and MSEP was an adaptation of DL's, or that THIS version of MSEP is DL's version doesn't really make one better than the other.

Personally I like MSEP better...and I like the original MSEP music better than what we currently have. But overall, one parade isn't really better than the other, or more emotional than the other. They're just different experiences. Shoot, if I had room to Waltz around with my fiance while Spectro was running, I might like that one better! Again...it's just different strokes.

sheesh.

If you're going to quote someone... get it right. What I said was "As a fan of Disney who is all about the emotion of how the parks make me feel, I can say that MSEP completely misses the mark for me."

As you can see, it was a comment about my own personal taste, it wasn't a sweeping comment. I think if you read most of the other posts, they echo your sentiment that it comes down to personal preference.

That said, opinion it's a free country and we're entitled to our opinions, and in my opinon MSEP is flat, uninteresting and frankly annoying. Hell I hate Blockparty too! I've always enjoyed Spectro, and it's all about how I (me, yup, just me) connect with that parade.

To borrow a word... sheesh!

devoy1701

If you're going to quote someone... get it right. What I said was "As a fan of Disney who is all about the emotion of how the parks make me feel, I can say that MSEP completely misses the mark for me."

As you can see, it was a comment about my own personal taste, it wasn't a sweeping comment. I think if you read most of the other posts, they echo your sentiment that it comes down to personal preference.

That said, opinion it's a free country and we're entitled to our opinions, and in my opinon MSEP is flat, uninteresting and frankly annoying. Hell I hate Blockparty too! I've always enjoyed Spectro, and it's all about how I (me, yup, just me) connect with that parade.

To borrow a word... sheesh!

you missed the point.

devoy1701

LOL or perhaps it was you...

no.

The point I was making was some people in this thread are throwing out their opinions and using points or phrases like "clearly misses the mark" or "truly superior" to make their opinion or stance on the 2 parades seem superior than the other choice. Like if you do not agree, you are clearly missing something on some level to make you have an educated opinion of the shows.

That, my friend, it what is annoying.

And I did miss your post where you mentioned different tastes as well. I guess the first couple pages were enough for me. I apologize for not catching that.

allgar

no.

The point I was making was some people in this thread are throwing out their opinions and using points or phrases like "clearly misses the mark" or "truly superior" to make their opinion or stance on the 2 parades seem superior than the other choice. Like if you do not agree, you are clearly missing something on some level to make you have an educated opinion of the shows.

That, my friend, it what is annoying.

And I did miss your post where you mentioned different tastes as well. I guess the first couple pages were enough for me. I apologize for not catching that.

Oh yes!!

The point you're missing is that you were quoting me "about emotion and misses the mark" and you misquoted it. I wasn't making a statement to cast dispersion on one persons opinion over another. Furthermore, my post was designed to explore what people enjoyed about MSEP seeing as how I do not enjoy it at all. I even went so far as to offer an hypothesis which was later proved unfounded, to which I noted that I guess it really just comes down to personal taste.

What I find annoying is that you would misquote someone and thereby lump me into whatever group you believe is being "elitist" towards one parade over another or more aptly one persons tastes over another.

I trust we both understand eachother's points now. I agree with you that people shouldn't be so "definitive" in their statements.

I still don't understand why someone would like MSEP, but then again I also don't understand how people like tomatoes. LOL ... but I can accept, respect and appreciate a persons right to like/enjoy/connect with whatever they want.

_Scar

sheesh.

The ONLY clear audience interaction was with the turtle/snail floats which made strange noises. Alice, Pete never looked our way. Minnie waved once. I don't think any walk around characters interacted with our side at all. I have it all on video too :/

It took away from the atmosphere just because it felt like it was passing by without acknowledgement we were even there. That might be the over-done dialogue's fault.

With Spectro you have: Mary Poppins, Queen of Hearts, Snow White, Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan, Ursula, just to name a few.... which all directly interact with the audience.

devoy1701

The ONLY clear audience interaction was with the turtle/snail floats which made strange noises. Alice, Pete never looked our way. Minnie waved once. I don't think any walk around characters interacted with our side at all. I have it all on video too :/

It took away from the atmosphere just because it felt like it was passing by without acknowledgement we were even there. That might be the over-done dialogue's fault.

With Spectro you have: Mary Poppins, Queen of Hearts, Snow White, Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan, Ursula, just to name a few.... which all directly interact with the audience.

oh, by audience interaction i meant being able to tap your foot, or clap your hands, not actual interaction with the characters. you can't really clap with Spectro. But Alice usually does look and interact with the crowd...Pete also calls out to you (you in general), and sometimes you can get interaction with the Donkey's from the Pinnochio part. The insects from the beginning are the best though...the way they shake after they come up to you. Pretty neat.

_Scar

oh, by audience interaction i meant being able to tap your foot, or clap your hands, not actual interaction with the characters. you can't really clap with Spectro. But Alice usually does look and interact with the crowd...Pete also calls out to you (you in general), and sometimes you can get interaction with the Donkey's from the Pinnochio part. The insects from the beginning are the best though...the way they shake after they come up to you. Pretty neat.

So, self participation is audience interaction? I always find myself humming Spectro's main tune. It's so versatile!

Alice says "How do you get to wonderland?". That's all I remember. No waving. The dialogue is so overdone.

The Donkeys... scary :eek::lol:

And the insects were cool, but up close you can see the black mesh. They need way more lights!

etwtec

I think I already know this answer but TDL Electrical Parade Dreamlights is 100% LED correct? I would love to see a video or pics behind the scenes of that parade :) I have seen MSEP and Spectro behind the scenes, don't know about fantillusion, but I definitely have not run across anything as far as TDL Dreamlights. Does any pics exist anywhere?

devoy1701

So, self participation is audience interaction? I always find myself humming Spectro's main tune. It's so versatile!

Alice says "How do you get to wonderland?". That's all I remember. No waving. The dialogue is so overdone.

The Donkeys... scary :eek::lol:

And the insects were cool, but up close you can see the black mesh. They need way more lights!

well yeah. if you are at a concert and you are just sitting down in your seat listening to the performance you're just watching the show. But if you're up out of your chair, clapping along singing along moving along what have you...i consider that interacting with the show...just my opinion though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom