Spectro Magic to return in March 2013

jrh1985

yup.. Spectro was bumped.. actually, this is pretty new news.. only happened about 2 weeks ago...

Biggest issue? floats won't be ready.. most are still barned behind the dry docks at central shops.
Would I be right to guess that MK is focusing only on Boo To You and Once Upon A Christmastime right now?

jrh1985

Floats won't be ready? Good greif if they can not get the floats "ready" for Spectro heaven help new daytime parade floats...

Is there any more concept art of the parade??? Is there anything new backstage??

How long did it take to build the SADCT/DDCT/CADCT Floats minus the castle float?

Now that I think of it, it only took a month for the SADCT-DDCT conversion and a little over a month for Mickey's transition from DDCT-CADCT. I'm really guessing as I wasn't there so, please correct my guesses if you need to.

WDW1974

20 months to repurpose a M&G tent - did you forget what were dealing with here?

I wish I could like a post multiple times (like we get to vote multiple times here in FL!)
drevil.gif

pumpkin7

I personally hope they don't get Spectro ready before my next trip in June, because I just love the MSEP and didn't get chance to see it in full in 2010 and so haven't seen it in full since, gosh, I don't know.

AylaRanzz

I'm glad to hear that Spectro won't be there in March, cause I'm going in April and I love the MSEP and would be sad to not get to see it again because the last time I saw it was in 2010.

TTA94

When MK debuts the new daytime parade and if it will be as deluxe as was rumored, what if they scratch MSEP, do not return Spectro, and run the new parade in the evening? DL does this with Soundsational. While I hate to see MK go down the path as DL with no light parade, I could see it happening.

I would have to agree with your idea, since DHS has only one parade (if you can call it one) and the park is so well sef up for parades. I do have to switch up your plan a little with a swap of the parades. Spectromagic would fit perfectly into the feel of DHS, and it would occupy those guests who don't want to line up hours early for Fantasmic!. One thing I would change in spectromagic would be the creepy jester/clown things that giggle and spin around on globes. :)
Going back up to an older post of mine, I have been thinking about our proposition ( luv & I ) and I have determined that such a plan may not be possible since any of Magic Kingdom's parades run on the use of an imbedded signal in the street pavement. It did not occur to me earlier that this would be a problem. I don't know whether DHS has the embedded signal for its parades or not, but that may be the breaking point for the idea. It would simply cost too much extra money for WDI and TDO to try and upgrade DHS for a change like quoted above. I guess we can all dwell on wishful thinking, though.

On a more topic-related note, I do hope that SpectroMagic returns before may, since I loved it when I seem it in 2005. I love the music, the very colorful and neat (yes, organized) floats in the parade. I believe that the MSEP is just too plain and unorganized for my liking. But... In both parades , there are elements that I think should be combined together to create one awesome parade!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Going back up to an older post of mine, I have been thinking about our proposition ( luv & I ) and I have determined that such a plan may not be possible since any of Magic Kingdom's parades run on the use of an imbedded signal in the street pavement.
I believe that system was scrapped years ago. They were just positioning pucks anyway to give an approximate float position, not a signal as such.
But... In both parades , there are elements that I think should be combined together to create one awesome parade!
They did. It was called Fantillusion.

midwest_mice

I really think that Spectro would be a great fit at DHS. Since it has some charecters from Fantasmic i it, I think it would be a great fit. They could still run MSEP in Magic Kingdom and I am curious to see what/if a new parade is actually going to happen in the afternoon at MK

jrh1985

When MK debuts the new daytime parade and if it will be as deluxe as was rumored, what if they scratch MSEP, do not return Spectro, and run the new parade in the evening? DL does this with Soundsational. While I hate to see MK go down the path as DL with no light parade, I could see it happening.
I don't see MK doing that Thank Goodness!!! (I'm not an insider, I'm just guessing) I will say that I thought I read somewhere that SADCT came with light effects (this was back in 2001) I do know that the Royal Unit when it was redone for DDCT, had lights and used them for the P&P parties.

Something that I think that would be intersting is for MK to have a flexible daytime parade schedule like DL. For Example, have a second or only performance of the daytime parade right before CTM/Wishes on nights when MSEP/Spectro is not on and have 1-2 Performances in the afternoon on Nighttime parade days. I don't know what that would to the schedules of MISICI, DAWM and the trolley show but MK is starting to look like what DL used to do on Easter, July 4th, and XMAS (DL never had MSEP at XMAS, nor did WDW in it's early days but you get the idea)

mm52200

I don't see MK doing that Thank Goodness!!! (I'm not an insider, I'm just guessing) I will say that I thought I read somewhere that SADCT came with light effects (this was back in 2001) I do know that the Royal Unit when it was redone for DDCT, had lights and used them for the P&P parties.

Something that I think that would be intersting is for MK to have a flexible daytime parade schedule like DL. For Example, have a second or only performance of the daytime parade right before CTM/Wishes on nights when MSEP/Spectro is not on and have 1-2 Performances in the afternoon on Nighttime parade days. I don't know what that would to the schedules of MISICI, DAWM and the trolley show but MK is starting to look like what DL used to do on Easter, July 4th, and XMAS (DL never had MSEP at XMAS, nor did WDW in it's early days but you get the idea)

In the summer of 2011, they did a few week test of having the daytime parade twice a day. I guess they maybe didn't receive the desired results they wanted but I was there during the time and thought it was great! It shifted MiSiCi and DAWM shows a little later in the day, but it all worked out. I also remember people liking that test period because somehow it allowed the Main Street Vehicles to be out more during the day.

jrh1985

In the summer of 2011, they did a few week test of having the daytime parade twice a day. I guess they maybe didn't receive the desired results they wanted but I was there during the time and thought it was great! It shifted MiSiCi and DAWM shows a little later in the day, but it all worked out. I also remember people liking that test period because somehow it allowed the Main Street Vehicles to be out more during the day.
You're right about that test. I wonder if that test was reponsible for moving DAWM to second shift this year until the parties started??? I would love to see DAWM at second shift again for 2013!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom