Spectro Magic to return in March 2013

NX2I85

I always have liked Spectromagic, but darned if MSEP hasn't grown on me. Must be that funky music. :p
Last time we saw MSEP, my family and I had a blast. My daughter was celebrating her 15th bday (wearing a great big pin), and got great interaction from lots of characters.

rodserling27

It's kind of a phenomenon in the fan community that whatever is not there is what people want.
Very true!
This is how people are:
Two years ago: "Oh MSEP Is my favorite, it's so awesome, I'm glad it's coming back it's so much better than SpectroMagic!! Please let it stay forever!"
Now: "MSEP is so boring, bring back SpectroMagic! That's the REAL night time parade!"
Two years from Spectro's eventual return: "Ok, bring back the MSEP!!" ;)
Troll: "When's Light Magic coming to WDW?"

Or at least it seems that most vocal people are the ones who's favorite "thing" isn't there, whatever it might be.

I always have liked Spectromagic, but darned if MSEP hasn't grown on me. Must be that funky music.:p
Last time we saw MSEP, my family and I had a blast. My daughter was celebrating her 15th bday (wearing a great big pin), and got great interaction from lots of characters.
Awesome! The last time I watched MSEP, I had awesome character interaction as well from all of them. Snow White even came over to hug my finaceé and tell her she hopes our happily ever-after comes true! Fun times!

spectrodanny

has anyone else who has seen MSEP on both coasts noticed how much more random the Alice & Pete (Pete's Dragon) dialogue is in Florida? it seemed like they were always "Jungle Crusise"ing it in Anaheim (AKA following a script)

pontiacguy84

Any update when this might be happening, going in April for my Honeymoon, and it will be her first trip to Disney ever, Hoping for Spectro and not MSEP.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Very true!
This is how people are:
Two years ago: "Oh MSEP Is my favorite, it's so awesome, I'm glad it's coming back it's so much better than SpectroMagic!! Please let it stay forever!"
Now: "MSEP is so boring, bring back SpectroMagic! That's the REAL night time parade!"
Two years from Spectro's eventual return: "Ok, bring back the MSEP!!" ;)
Troll: "When's Light Magic coming to WDW?"

Anybody who has ever seen Dreamlights at Tokyo DL: MSEP and Spectro were both wonderful back in the day, but Dreamlights is the next generation of light parade. When is it coming?

jklakeview

I'm on board with you and so is my wife. MSEP actually has classic Disney movies in it. I don't understand the whole clown thing in SPECTROMAGIC. I also think that MSEP is much more interactive. My wife and I are taking our 2 year old back for his 3rd visit and can't wait for him to see the MSEP. We were there in January and the night time parades were not running

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I always have liked Spectromagic, but darned if MSEP hasn't grown on me. Must be that funky music. :p

The MSEP music made me smile as a kid, and is the first music that made my older son smile. In fact, for about a year, it was the most sure-fire way to calm in down. We had an old cassette tape that got worn out pretty good.

As much as I like Spectro's music, MSEP's version of Baroque Hoedown will always be the music that I associate with Disney nighttime parades.

TTA94

Anybody who has every seen Dreamlights at Tokyo DL: MSEP and Spectro were both wonderful back in the day, but Dreamlights is the next generation of light parade. When is it coming?

If Spectro returns as rumored in the Spring, my guess is it will last until the 50th. Then hopefully a brand new parade or a complete overhaul of MSEP.

Cosmic Commando

I'm on board with you and so is my wife. MSEP actually has classic Disney movies in it. I don't understand the whole clown thing in SPECTROMAGIC. I also think that MSEP is much more interactive. My wife and I are taking our 2 year old back for his 3rd visit and can't wait for him to see the MSEP. We were there in January and the night time parades were not running
That may be true, but it also doesn't have any movies newer than 1977 (unless you count Tink). I'd rather have a parade in the MSEP style with new and old classics, which is what I think Dreamlights is.

COProgressFan

Anybody who has ever seen Dreamlights at Tokyo DL: MSEP and Spectro were both wonderful back in the day, but Dreamlights is the next generation of light parade. When is it coming?
Dreamlights > anything

And to answer your question, never

It's really a shame that Disney has continually chosen to rehash alternating old nighttime parades (Spectro and MSEP) rather than create a wonderful new light parade for the 21st century. The possibilities for something like that are endless, given the technology available today vs 1972 or 1992.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
That may be true, but it also doesn't have any movies newer than 1977 (unless you count Tink). I'd rather have a parade in the MSEP style with new and old classics, which is what I think Dreamlights is.

Dreamlights has a few floats that are MSEP-style, a few that are Spectro style, but about half are way beyond the MSEP and Spectro technology. The Genie is truly an amazing sight.

TTA94

Any idea when we will hear something official? Maybe when they announce whatever next years campaign will be?

DisneyDose

Rumor-

Spectro Magic is set to return in March 2013.

:)
I would definitely believe the rumor. Their are lots of rumors that Disney Electrical Parade will return home to either Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure, now that there aren't any major construction projects being done on the parade route.

DisneyDose

Can't WDW at least add one float like the Genie float from Dreamlights? lol OMG everytime I watch vidoes of it my mouth drops!

Wow, I had never seen the Genie float, that is amazing. I hope Disney still has it in prime condition so that they could add it back into the parade. I think that I remember seeing a picture of it taken backstage during President Obama's visit last year.

GiveMeTheMusic

The Genie float is at Tokyo Disneyland and is a part of their Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights. It won't be added to SpectroMagic unless a new one is built just for WDW, and the chances of that happening are on par with Donald Trump getting a different hairstyle.

The MSEP is headed for the grave after it leaves WDW, which hopefully will be soon. DLR is not taking it back; they have other plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom