Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

Dragonman

Yes it’s been confirmed various times before in this thread that both the woman in the window and the astronaut on the satellite had audio.

The animatronics from the bedroom and paperless office in the ‘86 version came from the original Gutenberg and Network Operations scenes.

I’m still unsure of where the lady from the right hand track side of the network ops scene ended up in the ‘86 version. There’s very little documentation of her or what the screens above her displayed. Maybe @marni1971 knows more about her.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m still unsure of where the lady from the right hand track side of the network ops scene ended up in the ‘86 version. There’s very little documentation of her or what the screens above her displayed. Maybe @marni1971 knows more about her.
She was still there post 86. I was lucky to get a ride stop in 1990 in the area and got a shot of her.

Dragonman

She was still there post 86. I was lucky to get a ride stop in 1990 in the area and got a shot of her.

Is this the same shot that you featured in your 82/86 edit?

Dragonman

Almost; this should start at my shot during the ride stop (I also got the preceding PC boy close up during the stop)

I’m glad you at least got footage of her since most people didn’t. If any flash pictures of her or the other undocumented original scenes around that area exist, they haven’t surfaced yet.

Last edited:

Dragonman

sadly not of that area.

Do you think it would help if we made a master list of all the scenes/effects that we’re missing footage/images of or are there too few? I think it mostly revolves around that network ops area as we do have decent footage of the space station scene and the Gutenberg typeset boy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do you think it would help if we made a master list of all the scenes/effects that we’re missing footage/images of or are there too few? I think it mostly revolves around that network ops area as we do have decent footage of the space station scene and the Gutenberg typeset boy.
I think a high quality Perrin recording would do it. In lieu of one I’d say

Ascent vortex smoke effects
Egyptian workman high quality
harbour diorama high quality with boat
Printing Seated boy
Right hand comms centre high quality
180top

Thelazer

Ascent vortex smoke effects
Egyptian workman high quality
harbour diorama high quality with boat
Printing Seated boy
Right hand comms centre high quality
180top

This and harbour diorama with the fog effect.
(throw in fog effect eilong JII track..) for bonus measure

Dragonman

I did a comparison regarding some theories and it turns out window girl does indeed most likely have the same face as the Horizons undersea teacher and NOT Keiko as previously thought:
9565549F-CEE8-4E83-A846-94ED5E7D566A.jpeg

Last edited:

Dragonman

So in "The Imagineering Story" there these certain guys:
r0TZ9GR.jpg

NkA3Wqd.jpg

Nothing too new but a good resolution image of it.

Those are amazing! Looks like they were taken prior to installation due to the workshop environment and unpainted helmet. I’m sure the same type of photos exist for window girl as well.

trainplane3

@Dragonman... is this your control lady? From above?

t9ElP1I.jpg

Those are amazing! Looks like they were taken prior to installation due to the workshop environment and unpainted helmet. I’m sure the same type of photos exist for window girl as well.
It's actually video of them touching up/assembling them. The Imagineering Story has so much good stuff.

Dragonman

@Dragonman... is this your control lady? From above?

t9ElP1I.jpg

No sorry, that would be the network operations lady who was moved in ‘86 to the paperless office so we have relatively good images and footage of her. The one I’m referring to is pretty much the star of this thread: the mission control woman aka “window girl” from the space station scene which you can see in my collage a few posts above. They were two separate animatronics.

Expo_Seeker40

just so we’re all on the same page:

1.) Window Girl

2.) Seated network operations lady. She was moved to a brand new created scene (the paperless office) in 1986, right next door to the network operations scene.

3.)Standing network operations lady. She stood at a desk staring at three large monitors. This was on the right Hand side of the track.

today, this is the area where foxy brown is positioned in the computer room

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom