Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

Epcot_Imagineer

I found this pretty interesting

Sorry if it was posted already

A question to anyone who knows the answer, when were the mock-ups in this video done? Additionally, are the same sort of visualizations and mock-ups done for rides made today? I'm referring specifically to the part beginning at around 4:00. I'm wondering if this sort of thing has been all but replaced with VR headsets.

Dragonman

Found another rare image of the Gutenberg scene with the animatronic boy still there:

In addition I was also inspecting this picture more and that happens to be the physical unpainted moon surface in the lower left corner as well as some chicken wire:

I’ve always wondered what the large bar type object that’s directly below the cylinder is? @marni1971

Last edited:

VicariousCorpse

A question to anyone who knows the answer, when were the mock-ups in this video done? Additionally, are the same sort of visualizations and mock-ups done for rides made today? I'm referring specifically to the part beginning at around 4:00. I'm wondering if this sort of thing has been all but replaced with VR headsets.
Pretty confidant these were done for the 94 refurb. I've seen many videos of newer rides done in cgi mockups, but can't remember the last one I saw that they had a physical mockup.

But speaking of mockups, I'll use this as a chance to post this cool video of Tower of Terror from the same year.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
CGI previz are still produced. Easier to share than asking the recipient to wait for the headset to arrive in the mail.

I’ve always wondered what the large bar type object that’s directly below the cylinder is? @marni1971
Structural integrity? Air handling?

Epcot_Imagineer

Pretty confidant these were done for the 94 refurb. I've seen many videos of newer rides done in cgi mockups, but can't remember the last one I saw that they had a physical mockup.

But speaking of mockups, I'll use this as a chance to post this cool video of Tower of Terror from the same year.
These are the most fascinating parts of being on these forums, videos like those. I find them so interesting. If only I could find more of them!

trainplane3

Dragonman

Hard to believe this wonderful thread has been going strong all these years and is almost 100 pages long now. I’m sure Window Girl is smiling down on us from inside her darkened space station.

Enjoy this gem 🙂

Last edited:

Victor Kelly

I read somewhere that the satellite is now painted black. But it could have also been removed by now as well. I understand that a lot of effects are still in place, just either covered up or turned off.

Yes the satellite would be considered tacky now and not in line with the current theming or ending. I will say that the earth is so much clearer than the original.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom