Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

Goofyernmost

Yeah I grew up with Irons so it's my number one, but I really think there's value in all 3 of the most popular versions.
I will admit that the attraction was always good until Siemens got involved and then so many things were no longer there, including the downward spiral. I wasn't against the screens on the ride vehicles, but the original descent was better.

Goofyernmost

Don't anyone take this wrong, but how can anyone not be impressed just for the ride itself. The show scenes themselves were very detailed, and you were riding around inside a globe, up a dozen or so stories and back down to almost where your started. Am I the only one not so jaded by technology that they are not able to appreciate the marvel at the ride itself and all its dimensions. Yes, some of the scenes were lame and anyone that went to school when they actually taught something were just impressed by the presentation and its elements. We already knew the history but how entertaining it was and largely still is.

aladdin2007

Don't anyone take this wrong, but how can anyone not be impressed just for the ride itself. The show scenes themselves were very detailed, and you were riding around inside a globe, up a dozen or so stories and back down to almost where your started. Am I the only one not so jaded by technology that they are not able to appreciate the marvel at the ride itself and all its dimensions. Yes, some of the scenes were lame and anyone that went to school when they actually taught something were just impressed by the presentation and its elements. We already knew the history but how entertaining it was and largely still is.
This, I mean nothing of that scale or design or scope would ever ever be built today like that. Especially by Disney. Those days and ships have sailed.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They were probably in some sort of forced perspective scene within Space Mountain
Correct. Preshow (queue) corridor. Part of this set.

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom