Spaceship Earth Update

scpergj

When they mean a new interactive conclusion do they mean the section at the top of the sphere with the stars , or do they mean the section that you go through when you come down from the top going backwards?

I'm pretty sure we don't know yet, at least not that I've seen...however, we (my wife and I) can't wait to see whatever they do!

Kevin

haveyoumetmark

When they mean a new interactive conclusion do they mean the section at the top of the sphere with the stars , or do they mean the section that you go through when you come down from the top going backwards?

Both probably, as that whole scene is the conclusion. Moreso the descent than the actual top part of the sphere though.

I think I'm on the same page as Horizons1 with my excitement.

How about some tears of joy. :cry: It'll be so beautiful.

:lookaroun

But seriously, I can't wait! :sohappy:

Enigma

Account Suspended
First Haunted Mansion and now Spaceship Earth is going to be closed this summer! Geez, whatever happened to having everything open for the crowds?

Whatever happened to maintenance and keeping things fresh and exciting for guests? :rolleyes:

There are plenty of other attractions at Walt Disney World and the greater orlando area including new epcot rides (Nemo, Three Cabelleros) and Monsters Inc.

SSE and HM are currently in horrible condition anyway they need to be closed and revamped.

DescentGate

Inside the Epcot icon, remarkable changes will be taking place over the next several months. A re-imagined Spaceship Earth presented by Siemens will combine the magic of the iconic attraction's time-travel adventure into the past with a new finale which provides guests the opportunity to imagine their futures.

This adventure through time leads ultimately to the very top of Spaceship Earth's geodesic dome, where guests arrive at the present. The time travel adventure will be enhanced through new, interactive touch screens installed aboard each "time machine" that will enable guests to create their own visions of the future and see themselves in that future.

Where'd the emphasis on communication go? I assume this'll take a backseat, and it is starting to sound like this might be the closest thing to a "resurrection" of Horizons we'll get. Take a look: it's interactive, it's looking at past attempts to contribute to the future (Horizons was more on imaginations of the future) and its completely interactive (with an interactive ending).

ToTBellHop

Where'd the emphasis on communication go? I assume this'll take a backseat, and it is starting to sound like this might be the closest thing to a "resurrection" of Horizons we'll get. Take a look: it's interactive, it's looking at past attempts to contribute to the future (Horizons was more on imaginations of the future) and its completely interactive (with an interactive ending).
this sounds like a better centerpiece attraction for Epcot, actually. Communication could, of course, tie everything together since it was necessary for all of the pavilions of Future World and World Showcase, but this will have a much more concrete connection to the entire park.

CaribbeanGreen

Great news! It really sounds like they'll be making sweeping changes here....

.... it DOES seem like the communications theme is gone, and what's replacing it sure does sound a LOT like Horizons -- which is a good thing, IMHO.

From a silly and selfish standpoint, I AM nervous about the score... especially the finale, which is just about my favorite piece of music in the parks...

Enigma

Account Suspended
This is ffor all the people that are saying stop complaining.

A trip to disney costs a lot of money . Especially if you are not a local and have to stay on property.

Also get this straight. The Huanted mansion and SSE are major people eating attractions. This means they help control the lines else where in the parks.

Now I am going in the first week of July prob the busiest time of year. Now since 2 major people eating rides will be down. Lines at all the other lines will be considerably longer, On top of the normal crowds for that time of the year.

They could have waiting till october to clsoe down sse when the haunted mansions refurb is done.

I dont mind that they are doing an sse refurb. I do mind that they are doing it at the same time as the haunted mansion

Please keep in mind that a major ride closed down like this can affect lines at the other parks because now people might visit the other two parks .

Nobody takes this into account.

Would you rather these rides be open but operate like garbage? The rides are currently in a HORRIBLE state of disrepair they NEED to be closed down because they are not currently up to where Disney standards should be.

As for now theres gonna be lines..why do you think all these nerds sit around on the itnernet complaining that Disney hasnt greenlit new ride concepts like Beastly Kingdom, etc. etc. because if we have more new rides there is more capacity and a more even distribution of crowds.

Think about when there was only the Magic Kingdom and no Sea World or Universal Studios either...in those days it was common for up to 4 e-ticket attractiosn to be down on the same day because Disney had higher maintenance standards back then. Did people complain? maybe some...but they enjoyed the attractions that were open and still had a great time.

I encourage Disney to close down attractions for maintenance and upgrades on a constant basis. In fact, I say shut down Space Mountain and Jungle Cruise too and refurbish them and return them back to their former glory!

ToTBellHop

Would you rather these rides be open but operate like garbage? The rides are currently in a HORRIBLE state of disrepair they NEED to be closed down because they are not currently up to where Disney standards should be.

As for now theres gonna be lines..why do you think all these nerds sit around on the itnernet complaining that Disney hasnt greenlit new ride concepts like Beastly Kingdom, etc. etc. because if we have more new rides there is more capacity and a more even distribution of crowds.

Think about when there was only the Magic Kingdom and no Sea World or Universal Studios either...in those days it was common for up to 4 e-ticket attractiosn to be down on the same day because Disney had higher maintenance standards back then. Did people complain? maybe some...but they enjoyed the attractions that were open and still had a great time.

I encourage Disney to close down attractions for maintenance and upgrades on a constant basis. In fact, I say shut down Space Mountain and Jungle Cruise too and refurbish them and return them back to their former glory!
Some people are just self-important and think we are all so ignorant as to not understand that these closures affect people. Unfortunately, Walt Disney World's day-to-day operations do not revolve around any one guest's vacation. Everyone experiences ride closures so that our next vacation may still be as magical (if not more) than the current one. Making magic requires more than pixie dust.

majortom1981

Some people are just self-important and think we are all so ignorant as to not understand that these closures affect people. Unfortunately, Walt Disney World's day-to-day operations do not revolve around any one guest's vacation. Everyone experiences ride closures so that our next vacation may still be as magical (if not more) than the current one. Making magic requires more than pixie dust.

Stop with the personal attacks. That was uncalled for.

Also If you see what I was compalining about is the fact that they have two High capacity rides claosed down at once.

They should start looking at their resort as a whole. People have this false belief that one park does not affect the other.

With the park hopper passes if a major ride is down people will just go to another park and that good start affecting other parks.

But other nicer people who did not attack me addressed my capacity concerns already.

aladdin2007

What a perfect birthday gift for Epcots 25th, they may not be celebrating the 25th as such but I cant think of a better way to mark the milestone. Now if only a new country would be announced for World Showcase it would be perfect but sigh. Anyway whats to come sounds fantastic. Thanks Disney and Siemens!:wave:

tony&mistyw

This really stinks, my fiance and I are going to the world for our honeymoon, it is her first time ever to wdw I hope maybe the rehab will be completed early.:confused:(

OmegaKnight

This is awesome news. It is about time that Disney gave some love back to the marquee attraction at Epcot. Yeah its going to stink that it won't be open for Epcot's 25th b-day but when it does re-open, it will remind us all why Epcot is such an amazing park.

Figments Friend

One thing that puzzles me -- it will be closed on the 25th anniversary date (Oct 1)? Doesn't that seem odd to anyone? I mean granted, they've said no official celebration, etc, blah blah blah -- but wouldn't one think they'd at least have the park's "theme center" (to snatch a term from the old world's fairs) open on that particular day?

I was thinking the EXACT same thing while reading this news!

This will put a bit of a damper on the big 25th Bash we have planned!

Oh well.....

Sounds to me the new ending will be reminisent of the old "Horizons" attraction...what with the "choose your own future" option added to the ride vehicles.

Cool. I just hope they don't mess too much with the original show scenes and do a overall excellent overhaul. Keep the AA's, keep the video monitors to a BARE MINIMUM please!!!!

This is SSE we are talking about here!

I'm starting to sweat already.....

lentesta

Premium Member
It's great that Disney's investing in this classic attraction.

Note the use of Horizons-like "choose your ending" functionality. I'm dubbing the new version of the ride "Sporizons." Let the t-shirt printing begin!

Len

doop

Great news, I'm looking forward to the new version, glad to see attention being payed where it is needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom