News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

peter11435

Not sure if it's been mentioned here or not but Michelangelo has been immobile since at the very least last Saturday. His show lighting has been heavily reduced as well. Others on twitter seem to suggest that it has been broken for longer than this, but I'm simply reporting on when I first noticed. I figured it was just down for the time being when I first noticed, but something has to be broken pretty bad for it to have not been fixed in over a week. I have my doubts on it being repaired before SSE closes for good.
Been a few weeks. But in other news the printing press has finally been repaired.

DoleWhipDrea

I haven’t seen Michelangelo move since sometime in December.

I find it really fascinating to see how effects are operating from one week to the next. One week the scribe with papyrus will be really hitting his mark, the next there’s a good inch of space between his papyrus and utensil.

I’m really curious to see what sort of adjustments happen earlier on in the attraction. In some ways I think it will open opportunities to revive certain scenes closer to how they were originally depicted, like the scene with the Greeks. The original narration, if I remember correctly, actually refers to storytelling quite a bit in terms of communication.

Epcot_Imagineer

Not sure if it's been mentioned here or not but Michelangelo has been immobile since at the very least last Saturday. His show lighting has been heavily reduced as well. Others on twitter seem to suggest that it has been broken for longer than this, but I'm simply reporting on when I first noticed. I figured it was just down for the time being when I first noticed, but something has to be broken pretty bad for it to have not been fixed in over a week. I have my doubts on it being repaired before SSE closes for good.
Confirmed -- When I went second week in January he was not moving with reduced lighting.

ppete1975

This refurb might not be as extensive as first thought. Particularly rerouting the track for load and unload may not be happening.

Watch this space
so maybe just a good cleaning fix whats broke replace some animatronics and fix the decline with new audio?
so far that's great news if its not going to be as drastic, and hopefully not closed nearly as long as was originally feared.
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
What was the perceived benefit of reworking load/unload? I assume that's something Operations wanted?

Dr.GrantSeeker

This refurb might not be as extensive as first thought. Particularly rerouting the track for load and unload may not be happening.

Watch this space

The last time those words were used...it didn't end well.

That's exactly where my head went as well! Still mourning this loss
Horizons.jpg

MatheusPG

Watch this space

I don't think that i have ever been so hopeful for a budget cut like now. SSE just needs a refreshment like the one in 2007 and a new descent. SSE is a classic like the Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Cruise. It doesn't need any big updates, just a refreshment...

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
I don't think that i have ever been so hopeful for a budget cut like now. SSE just needs a refreshment like the one in 2007 and a new descent. SSE is a classic like the Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Cruise. It doesn't need any big updates, just a refreshment...

If they take out Jesse Owens and don't redo the descent... I am going to very upset

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom