News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Just a quick comment about my most recent trip this week in regards to the changes. With Test Track down, with every 10 feet having a construction walls, Spaceship Earth hanging on by a thread (many show elements not working), and some overall poor service from a few disgruntled CM's, this was one of the most forgettable trips I've had in recent history. It's been said at nauseum here but its quite sad. I won't be going back to the World for a while, those funds will most likely be spent elsewhere in the foreseeable future. One highlight was was RotR but alas that is in DHS.

MatheusPG

Just a quick comment about my most recent trip this week in regards to the changes. With Test Track down, with every 10 feet having a construction walls, Spaceship Earth hanging on by a thread (many show elements not working), and some overall poor service from a few disgruntled CM's, this was one of the most forgettable trips I've had in recent history. It's been said at nauseum here but its quite sad. I won't be going back to the World for a while, those funds will most likely be spent elsewhere in the foreseeable future. One highlight was was RotR but alas that is in DHS.

And to think that if they went with the other spine project we would have much less construction walls...

rle4lunch

And a variation of the same finished product. And a more cohesive design.

And $$$ to spare.

I got a nice shot of the mural for you for posterity, and just in case you don't have any pictures of it in portrait layout. 🤣

Agree with the trip report above though. Epcot is a cluster right now. The scope of RotR is a breath of fresh air though. Amazing to see Disney be that bold. Changes the game somewhat in regards to how other theme parks will react and/or copy.

Kevin_W

It doesn’t have to be Jeremy Irons, my personal pick would be Morgan Freeman. That man could read the phone book and make it sound interesting.

You know, during Star Wars Weekends James Arnold Taylor did a show on voice acting and at one point he did read part of the phone book - it was great. I'd actually take him for a narrator for the attraction in a heartbeat.

Kevin_W

I’m coming in 111 pages late but here’s my 2 cents.

1. Current post show is trash and we always walk through it. I’d prefer a cool gift shop and some other neat 1-2 exhibits to tie into the theme of the new ride. You don’t have to throw crazy $$$ at it to make it something interesting/fun.

2. As much as I’ve always loved the attraction, I’d want them to spruce up the first half of the ride so it “pops” more (new AA’s, projection mapping, etc.), then blow the rest of the $$$ on a “knock your socks off” 2nd half/finale.

My daughter and I always play the energy game (even though the technology often works poorly). But in general, the games in the post-show are not good. Fully agree with #2.

ThistleMae

I had my last ride on Spaceship Earth. It does need a face lift or a complete do over. I said my goodbye's. I felt there was nothing much to do in Epcot. I do enjoy the countries and the variety of foods. For rides, Soarin' and basically that's it. All the parks were super mobbed. If you didn't have FP's, the waits were awful. I guess those who say there is no slow season any more were correct. Anyway, that's how I felt.

trainplane3

Don’t forget “The Seas” mural
I didn't. I left it out because that one would be the easiest to revert. Remove the characters, bring back a few removed pieces, paint, done. At the very least, it still has some resemblance to the original mural. Not much, but it's something.

RobWDW1971

It is pretty bad considering the park is still open and charging full rip - the pictures don't do it justice trying to navigate the construction walls and the only thing open on the left side is Mission:Space. When we went for a dinner reservation we just took an Uber to the Beach Club so we could just enter/exit at the World Showcase entrance and just pretend Future World didn't exist - made it easier to take.

rle4lunch

It is pretty bad considering the park is still open and charging full rip - the pictures don't do it justice trying to navigate the construction walls and the only thing open on the left side is Mission:Space. When we went for a dinner reservation we just took an Uber to the Beach Club so we could just enter/exit at the World Showcase entrance and just pretend Future World didn't exist - made it easier to take.

Agreed. We just got beck last week. Rough slog thru Epcot. Three figment mural wall painting was neat for my son, but it's a sad day that they have to invent activities for people to do, which almost counts as free labor for them considering they'll use the wall art around the park for the next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom