News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

Rob562

Not the greatest video but it's something to show the wheel spinning:

6:08 for wheel if it doesn't start there.

At 8:45, using the left side of the earth projection and a star... is the star field finally moving again? It sure looks like it. Or it's the camera doing some trickery...

View attachment 434230
View attachment 434231

99% sure I recall noticing the stars were moving on our rides last week.

-Rob

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I’ve heard 2023 mentioned. Which of course would be silly since that would be longer than it took to build.
So, either it will remain operational for a while longer or......... we are now up to potentially FOUR YEARS?!?

EDIT: sorry, I am sleep deprived. That would still be a potential of three full years plus months.

Victor Kelly

I’ve heard 2023 mentioned. Which of course would be silly since that would be longer than it took to build.
I will give them the fact that the ride system will be removed and replaced. They will also need to remove and demo the set areas. This demo has to be done diligently as the superstructure has to remain intact. Then they have to build new stuff. I am hoping at the very least that they have a freight elevator.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I will give them the fact that the ride system will be removed and replaced. They will also need to remove and demo the set areas. This demo has to be done diligently as the superstructure has to remain intact. Then they have to build new stuff. I am hoping at the very least that they have a freight elevator.
They have an elevator. Not much bigger than a ride vehicle.

aladdin2007

not all of them though, isn't it only from the industrial revolution and after? or has this become a near full gutting/rebuild

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom