MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
ENHANCE:
EJJquQlXkAA8the.jpg:orig

They're trying to solve the case of who killed Future World.*

*This one was for @marni1971

hpyhnt 1000

Definitely some landscape renderings in these images. Can definitely make out SSE in the top row, and I'm pretty sure that's WoL down there in the bottom left by the guy's arm. The images in the center might be concepts for the Dreamer's Point/former FoN area?

Capture 1.JPG

Hard to make out the scribbles and diagram on the table.

Capture 2.JPG

I thought the paper model might be a mock up of a redesigned entry and queue area for SSE, re-purposing the existing post-show area and lounge. The overall shape is a pretty close match to the curve on the south facade of the existing building. And you can see a little paper human dude in there, presumably for scale.

Capture 3.JPG

trainplane3

I thought the paper model might be a mock up of a redesigned entry and queue area for SSE, re-purposing the existing post-show area and lounge. The overall shape is a pretty close match to the curve on the south facade of the existing building. And you can see a little paper human dude in there, presumably for scale.

View attachment 425082
If they keep the current post-show area. One of the proposals has the whole thing coming down.

Dragonman

One thing I’m concerned about is due to the new storytelling theme of the ride. Does that mean they’re keeping pretty much all the scenes and changing them to reflect that aspect and it’s evolution through history ? Or a big start from scratch and keeping a few things here and there?

jt04

One thing I’m concerned about is due to the new storytelling theme of the ride. Does that mean they’re keeping pretty much all the scenes and changing them to reflect that aspect and it’s evolution through history ? Or a big start from scratch and keeping a few things here and there?

One rumor is everything after the industrial revolution will be replaced.

montyz81

How many people are disappointed by episode 2 of the Imagineering Story. Every ideal on display In that episode feels completely lost in the current work being done at Epcot. Although highlighted as a foundational approach to how Disney/Imagineering build themed entertainment, the current work appears to ignore that foundation completely. Current work almost feels hypocritical. It makes me so sad.

monykalyn

How many people are disappointed by episode 2 of the Imagineering Story. Every ideal on display In that episode feels completely lost in the current work being done at Epcot. Although highlighted as a foundational approach to how Disney/Imagineering build themed entertainment, the current work appears to ignore that foundation completely. Current work almost feels hypocritical. It makes me so sad.
It was an unapologetic love letter to EPCOT Center.

Too bad the Bobs didn't watch it before they green-lit what's happening to the park.
It was like walking back into childhood! Was 13, 1983. First big trip anywhere. Epcot was just amazing back then. I have pictures from communicore-so much going on! Horizons (oranges smell!) Dream Finder and Figment! and all the interactive stuff in Imagination. My DCP was in EPCOT (merch-1991). So yeah-sad in some ways. But-all the work going on now -set in the backdrop of this episode-has me hopeful and cautiously optimistic that just maybe I can recapture that sense of wonder and awe again once it is done.

It definitely felt like a love letter to EPCOT, and definitely agree it's sad that the Bob's didn't watch it to understand the legacy.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I’m hooked to the series and frankly very sad at the same time when you hear John Hench and Marty Sklar talk about Walts vision for Epcot, which of course didn’t come to fruition, but then they built the park which nearly satisfied his wish. The innovation, energy and feel of the original park will never be duplicated and I think it’s time for me, and probably many others here to realize this.:cry:

montyz81

I’m hooked to the series and frankly very sad at the same time when you hear John Hench and Marty Sklar talk about Walts vision for Epcot, which of course didn’t come to fruition, but then they built the park which nearly satisfied his wish. The innovation, energy and feel of the original park will never be duplicated and I think it’s time for me, and probably many others here to realize this.:cry:
agreed, but still one of the most painful realizations!

Tom P.

The original Epcot did not even remotely satisfy Walt's wish. Walt's plan for Epcot was a fully functional planned city. It was ultimately opened as a combination permanent World's Fair and showcase for futuristic technologies. It had nothing what-so-ever to do with the original vision.

Rich Brownn

The original Epcot did not even remotely satisfy Walt's wish. Walt's plan for Epcot was a fully functional planned city. It was ultimately opened as a combination permanent World's Fair and showcase for futuristic technologies. It had nothing what-so-ever to do with the original vision.
There wasn't any actual planning when Walt was alive. Once they delved into it, they realized once people started living there you'd take out the E, P and T parts of EPCOT. As John Hench himself said "You can't experiment with people's lives". It never got past blue sky

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom