News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

Bender123

They don't really need to *remove* the screens, per se. They could just turn them off. That would be good enough for me.

Keep them for language options, but I would suggest doing something else with them...

It would be cool if they made SE have an option with trivia/history of the attraction and scenes, translations of the AA audio or even closed captioning for people with hearing issues.

The screens, themselves, aren't a bad idea. The current use of the screens is just bad.

gustaftp

Keep them for language options, but I would suggest doing something else with them...
I could get on board with closed captioning for the hard-of-hearing as well as a narration selection at the beginning like there currently is.

But I don't think there is a need for trivia, it would just be a distraction. The focus of the ride should always be outwards, not on the screens.

Bender123

I could get on board with closed captioning for the hard-of-hearing as well as a narration selection at the beginning like there currently is.

But I don't think there is a need for trivia, it would just be a distraction. The focus of the ride should always be outwards, not on the screens.

As someone who has ridden it countless times, Im much more interested in learning about the details, at this point, than the show scenes Ive seen a hundred times.

I would seriously love an option to see a comparison of scenes to their real life counterpart, translations of the Greek scenes, how Imagineers researched the scenes, etc...

Yes, Martins videos have some of these, but seeing that detail while on the ride would be awesome.

Not saying its an always on option, but a choice to make the ride interactive would be interesting.

The Pho

It would be cool if they made SE have an option with trivia/history of the attraction and scenes, translations of the AA audio or even closed captioning for people with hearing issues.

The screens, themselves, aren't a bad idea. The current use of the screens is just bad.
That’s what I’ve wanted since they put them in. They give language options, but it should be much deeper. Let us listen to the old narrations, imagineering commentary, trivia, scavenger hunt, etc.

Cmdr_Crimson

One effect I would really like to see as it was very simplistic and now it's even easier to do.....The animated chariot in the Rome scene..
Chariot-Rome-Spaceship-Earth.jpg

Goofyernmost

It was only removed because a senior imagineer thought it looked cheesy. Hopefully, said imagineer has no influence on the next refurb.
And he was right! Not a bad thing, but totally unnecessary to the show along with being laughingly cartoonish. I mean when would you see a night glow chariot along with a night glow rider going along in the dark. The way it is done now is much more realistic and no where near as weird.

Bender123

And he was right! Not a bad thing, but totally unnecessary to the show along with being laughingly cartoonish. I mean when would you see a night glow chariot along with a night glow rider going along in the dark. The way it is done now is much more realistic and no where near as weird.

I do not understand the love for that awful animation...Everything in the attraction was hyper realistic and suddenly...janky cartoon chariot.

TOCPE82

One effect I would really like to see as it was very simplistic and now it's even easier to do.....The animated chariot in the Rome scene..
Chariot-Rome-Spaceship-Earth.jpg
It was only removed because a senior imagineer thought it looked cheesy. Hopefully, said imagineer has no influence on the next refurb.

I had heard it was a Seimens request, but I could be way off there. Either way I miss it, as well. It was cheesy but the projection effect for the time was very cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom