News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

sedati

The freaking eagle ray that looks like IP is NOT the light thingy as you refer to it. It's in the actual scene.
It's possible they just pulled that animation for the pre-viz. It could be evocative of what they're going for, but not actually what we'll see. This early in, I doubt all the effects are rendered for the actual attraction.

Sir_Cliff

Followed by the finale:
"Today, with what we know and what we're learning to do, we really can bring our dreams (stories) to life. It takes a lot of work, but the truth is, if we can dream it, we can do it."
Then, blaring out from the speakers, "Let it go, Let it go..." and images from our favourite story Frozen appear on little triangle screens all around us. 😊

Last edited:

DisneyCane

Kind of goes along with rides that decide they need narratives to explain why you're there, most often revolving around the usual "you're doing X, but SOMETHING GOES WRONG(!!!)" angle, or the "help us find <insert character here>!" one. Like, Dinosaur is a fun ride, but the idea that the scientist, Seeker, needs a car full of tourists to go back in time to find the Iguanodon when the car is, y'know, controlled by remote and not by a driver, kind of hurts what they're going for.

I always thought the reason was because Seeker would be caught trying to send a car back in time for no reason. Instead, he is modifying the tourist trip to send a car back to the point he needs to in order to collect the Iguanodon.

Herah

Like, Dinosaur is a fun ride, but the idea that the scientist, Seeker, needs a car full of tourists to go back in time to find the Iguanodon when the car is, y'know, controlled by remote and not by a driver, kind of hurts what they're going for.
He needs a car with *no scientists*, and the Institute isn't sending any empty. He "recruits" us so we won't rat on him. Seeker is a sociopath.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
He needs a car with *no scientists*, and the Institute isn't sending any empty. He "recruits" us so we won't rat on him. Seeker is a sociopath.

People complain they don't know Hondo, and so the story of MF:SR is meaningless.

Well, we don't know Seeker either. Some guy we don't know recruiting us for a shady smuggling operation? Therefor, DINOSAUR is awful!!

;)

Sir_Cliff

Or they used the ray for Moana's grandmother's spirit in the movie because it comes from a Polynesian tradition.

I guess I just need to be hopeful they will handle this refurb well.
That was my interpretation of the scene. It would be more than a little strange if one minute you have cave men, then Ancient Greece, and then Moana.

RoysCabin

The theme isn’t REALLY changing. Storytelling IS the ultimate form of communication.

Well, no, it is a change: the progression of the ride starts with communication to survive prehistoric times, then stories in caves, but then legal decrees in Egypt, trade with the Phoenicians, academia in ancient Greece, infrastructure in Rome, libraries in the Middle East, etc. Storytelling is incredibly important, of course, but communication is more all-encompassing; a shift toward storytelling has the potential to kind of narrows things, depending on how it's handled.

Doesn't mean it'll be bad or anything, but it's certainly a change.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Well, no, it is a change: the progression of the ride starts with communication to survive prehistoric times, then stories in caves, but then legal decrees in Egypt, trade with the Phoenicians, academia in ancient Greece, infrastructure in Rome, libraries in the Middle East, etc. Storytelling is incredibly important, of course, but communication is more all-encompassing; a shift toward storytelling has the potential to kind of narrows things, depending on how it's handled.

Doesn't mean it'll be bad or anything, but it's certainly a change.
It isn't about communications now. It stopped being so in 2007. It's about building the future currently. Communication is part of it but it's only one aspect of the current v4.

aladdin2007

At what point in the ride will scenes be gutted and "improved"? Steve Jobs garage scene? Moon landing?

I thought I had read somewhere from the industrial revolution onward? and I get the feeling the first half will be as is except for update changes etc, while the second half they will infuse IP....just a hunch why I don't know just the feeling I got from what little they put out there so far...hope not though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom