News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That’s not nearly as good as this:

An old friend of mine picked up a vinyl copy of 'Space Odyssey', probably 25 years ago? Still one of the most bizarre things we had ever listened to.

Back on topic. I'm having doubts whether the next version will even have a narrator. I have a sneaking suspicion the "narrator" will be built-in to the scene updates.

Nerdman3000

I just realized, but we’re probably going to see the return of these guys, the Greek actors, with the upcoming Spaceship Earth refurb, since it’s focused on storytelling:

EPV0043_filtered-1.jpg

My inner imagineer dream/hope’s that since it looks like Disney is planning to add some IP parts to the ride, that maybe we could see them adding projection mapping to the stars in the background of the Greece scene, making the stars routinely take the shape of Hercules and the various Greek Gods from the film, in the form of constellation’s shapes, just like we see at the end in the film Hercules.

a43cb21d2c9b8ca1429f23617efa73f9.jpg

Last edited:

Thelazer

If the crackle neon effects in load, could be brought back and smoke added back.. I'd love that.
Course, I'd also love if we could get the infinity mirror wall (return to earth descent) back to.

mergatroid

Would be lovely if they could make the top the surface of the moon, looking down on earth. I believe that was the original plan when they first built it, or at least I've read that was the case somewhere.

Dragonman

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom