News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

n2hifi

You pick who you want to narrate from the screens. Problem solved.

Please don't take that seriously. Screens need to go, narration needs to improve.

po1998

The screens should stay for the language and accessibility options. Heck, maybe even captions. But they should be deactivated after load (Or upgraded to OLEDs for captions, if they aren’t already (I forgot what type of screens they are)) and reactivated at unload. There’s no other need for them, and removal would be an unnecessary expense.
Don’t kid yourself...as long as the screens are in the cars, TDO will view them as an inexpensive option compared to fixing the descent.

Click your heels 3 time and repeat after me...

The screens must go!
The screens must go!
The screens must go!

Monorail_Orange

The next version may not even have a narrator unfortunately.
It would be interesting to see how they tie the ride's various different time periods together to explain the evolution of storytelling without a unifying narration. (I'm making a jump here that no narrator = no narration, and not just not a single narrator.) It seems like you would still need a narration of some sort to be the voice of "story light." Otherwise, it's just an annoying light flitting through various historical scenes.

Dragonman

Anyone think our friend stuck in the space station will be freed? (If she’s still in there...) I would really love to see AA’s back at the top of the dome with some sort of space station again...

She’s still in there, just missing her skin and clothes. As is most of the space station and moon surface, so basically everything could be repaired, repainted, add new lighting effects/satellites/astronauts and other props, restore window girl, etc.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Every time I ride SE, I look, but cannot figure out where that is.
I do this same thing! I'm sure I'll never see it myself so I love pics of it.
If you've been on SSE in about the last year, it's pretty easy to spot because of how bright the earth projection is and the blue light from the icicle lights.

Like @Dragonman said, it's right where the blue lights start on descent. I took a picture (no flash, no night sight) to use as an example on my last trip. Look where the lights start on the left. Now look on the right at the big black emptiness. It's right there (I know you can't see it). It's really neat to see in person. Something that's been there forever but hidden by black paint. It's huge.

SoFloMagic

If you've been on SSE in about the last year, it's pretty easy to spot because of how bright the earth projection is and the blue light from the icicle lights.

Like @Dragonman said, it's right where the blue lights start on descent. I took a picture (no flash, no night sight) to use as an example on my last trip. Look where the lights start on the left. Now look on the right at the big black emptiness. It's right there (I know you can't see it). It's really neat to see in person. Something that's been there forever but hidden by black paint. It's huge.

View attachment 413050
So kind of looking over your left shoulder?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom