• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

jt04

I wouldn't take this as gospel, no offense to OP. Soon could mean literally anytime in the next year as far as I'm concerned. Personally I'd be very surprised if this started in the next 3 months. It's going to be bad when we're down to 5 functioning pavilions in Future World and honestly only 2 of them are worth visiting anymore. I think if you make it to April without a blog from Disney Parks, your trip in May is safe. They gave us a month notice on Energy and GMR before killing them forever.
I would guess around the time Rat 🐀 opens if possible. Maybe sooner if necessary. Assuming something is planned.

WDW862

Advertisement
When I was talking to the staff at “World dreams tour” and was asking about a back stage tour of SSE , they are operating under the assumption that it is closing soon. For whatever that is worth. Just another piece of info.
I would love a standalone SSE tour. I'd pay a lot of for it. We (cast members) can enter a raffle for a tour, but a very limited amount of people are selected.

cjkeating

It would be very unusual for a ride to close for a planned refurbishment when Fastpass+ is already available so I would say it'll be open for a rolling 70 days until we hear otherwise.

jt04

Just realized that 2023 is the 100th anniversary of TWDC. Epcot will be 40 in 2022. WDW will be 50 in 2021.

Likely this will start sooner than later although I am sure ops is fighting it all the way. IMO.

WDW862

It would be very unusual for a ride to close for a planned refurbishment when Fastpass+ is already available so I would say it'll be open for a rolling 70 days until we hear otherwise.
It's not rumored to close until 2020. Or much later, as Martin has said. If it's closing in 2020, we will hear about it at D23 in July.

Marc Davis Fan

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that adding IP to SSE is recognized even by the current management as going too far...

Do we have any general idea about the dates of the 2019 "regular refurb" that our insiders brought up? That way, we'll know when we might not be able to "get our last rides in" this year?

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Let's just keep our fingers crossed that adding IP to SSE is recognized even by the current management as going too far...

Do we have any general idea about the dates of the 2019 "regular refurb" that our insiders brought up? That way, we'll know when we might not be able to "get our last rides in" this year?
Hey, didn't Hercules sail with the Phoenicians?

V_L_Raptor

It should be after then.

This is a large project. Far far bigger than the 1993 changes let alone 2007.
At the risk of asking that which cannot be answered, is there any discussion of redoing the track itself? I was on it Sunday and was kind of amazed at the clunking and other noises coming from the vehicles tugging through the path. I know it's been a thing for quite some time, but it's terrible show.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
At the risk of asking that which cannot be answered, is there any discussion of redoing the track itself? I was on it Sunday and was kind of amazed at the clunking and other noises coming from the vehicles tugging through the path. I know it's been a thing for quite some time, but it's terrible show.
I’d suspect the ride system will be looked at in depth.

SSE_King

I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed that this refurb will still stay true to the original message of SSE, but based on Disney's recent history, I'm not too overly optimistic. 😕

I'll be in WDW in a week, so I'm going to be sure to ride SSE as many times as humanly possible.

Top Bottom