Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

Surfin' Tuna

Actually, due to the response Country Bear Musical Jamboree got, instead of One Little Spark or other Disney IP songs, Figment will sing

•Parts of One Little Spark until the Pink Elephants or Huffalumps butt in.
•Figment is then backed up by Inside Out characters on his side, as the ride rapidly goes thru 30 sec snippets of the following:
•Hot Hot Hot!
•Margaritaville
•World of Pure Imagination (Sponsored by Warner Bros!)
•Imagine-John Lennon
•Radioactive by IMAGINE Dragons, HAR.
And the finale will have
•Joy and Figment doing a duet of Not Like Us.

Ride is called: Journey Into Corporate Synergy
This would be funny, but there is someone reading it and thinking it's a good idea. 😱

DreamfinderGuy

Are you implying another overhaul will be announced?
Eventually, yes. As for timelines I have no clue. I’m aware there is a current desire for refreshed shows at SSE and Imagination. Others (I say others when I really just mean Moth lol) have corroborated that they want these both done by EPCOT 50. I have not personally heard that from anyone I trust, but it seems logical. I would expect to see SSE get the work first.

There seems to be a persistent thought going around that SSE is “in desperate need” of an overhaul from a structural standpoint, and this simply isn’t true. The push for an SSE overhaul is entirely because they don’t want a 16 year old show anymore and has nothing to do with the ride needing maintenance (though yes, it could definitely benefit from an extended downtime). Individuals from WDI have been out to the facility a handful of times in the last year, but haven’t done a full site tour since 2020.

If anything is in “desperate need” of work in that building it’s Project Tomorrow. It stuns me that it’s still operational, New Global Neighborhood was dead as soon as AT&T left. It’s becoming harder and harder to maintain as spare parts for some equipment are no longer being manufactured, and there is less than zero interest in upgrading anything in there because they know all of it will be ripped out in the near future. I can’t help but wonder if it will be allowed to limp along until SSE goes down or if they eventually give up and wall it off. I think that depends on when SSE goes down more than anything.

Moth

Eventually, yes. As for timelines I have no clue. I’m aware there is a current desire for refreshed shows at SSE and Imagination. Others (I say others when I really just mean Moth lol) have corroborated that they want these both done by EPCOT 50. I have not personally heard that from anyone I trust, but it seems logical. I would expect to see SSE get the work first.

There seems to be a persistent thought going around that SSE is “in desperate need” of an overhaul from a structural standpoint, and this simply isn’t true. The push for an SSE overhaul is entirely because they don’t want a 16 year old show anymore and has nothing to do with the ride needing maintenance (though yes, it could definitely benefit from an extended downtime). Individuals from WDI have been out to the facility a handful of times in the last year, but haven’t done a full site tour since 2020.

If anything is in “desperate need” of work in that building it’s Project Tomorrow. It stuns me that it’s still operational, New Global Neighborhood was dead as soon as AT&T left. It’s becoming harder and harder to maintain as spare parts for some equipment are no longer being manufactured, and there is less than zero interest in upgrading anything in there because they know all of it will be ripped out in the near future. I can’t help but wonder if it will be allowed to limp along until SSE goes down or if they eventually give up and wall it off. I think that depends on when SSE goes down more than anything.

In my opinion (not backed up by any rumor mill sources that have said anything), I'd expect Imagination to get work first if Inside Out is truly heading in the Magic Eye. I do think the two will go down for work close to each other (around 18 months apart when it happens) but Imagination will be first, to ride in on the IO2 hype (which does sound insane considering Disney drags their feet to cash in on new popular films, but consider the fact this is a billion dollar maker and is about to beat Incredibles 2 for highest grossing Pixar film, which would likely push a quicker timeline maybe? but we still don't have the DLR avengers e-ticket... but they could easily animate the ME film while working on the planned shorts(?).)

But as I've stated before, technically neither are officially greenlit and don't expect anything at D23 and for all I know the Inside Out stuff could fall apart.

Also while I'm here, I've seen people on other places speculate Frozen in Epcot will get actual faces and not projections and I haven't heard that at all, sorry :(

Last edited:

Sneaky

In my opinion (not backed up by any rumor mill sources that have said anything), I'd expect Imagination to get work first if Inside Out is truly heading in the Magic Eye. I do think the two will go down for work close to each other (around 18 months apart when it happens) but Imagination will be first, to ride in on the IO2 hype (which does sound insane considering Disney drags their feet to cash in on new popular films, but consider the fact this is a billion dollar maker and is about to beat Incredibles 2 for highest grossing Pixar film, which would likely push a quicker timeline maybe? but we still don't have the DLR avengers e-ticket... but they could easily animate the ME film while working on the planned shorts(?).)

But as I've stated before, technically neither are officially greenlit and don't expect anything at D23 and for all I know the Inside Out stuff could fall apart.

Also while I'm here, I've seen people on other places speculate Frozen in Epcot will get actual faces and not projections and I haven't heard that at all, sorry :(
Anything for figgy man. I hope he gets what he deserves. And if anything, CBMJ makes me feel better that some people in WDI respect the past, so I don’t feel entirely hopeless!

DreamfinderGuy

If Inside Out at Magic Eye is in fact a real plan, I could see that being fast tracked with how the box office performance has been. That said, I think the increased attendance to the Imagination pavilion following a popular Magic Eye film would only delay work on the ride, if anything. They want as much capacity over there as possible if there's a hot new thing. I could see Magic Eye development -> SSE -> Actual main JII downtime

Of course all of this is speculatory, and there's nothing saying SSE and Magic Eye or Imagination can't be down at the same time. Nothing major is happening until Test Track is back online though, SSE and Imagination both move people and would be a big capacity hit to lose with Test Track already down. I do not expect Magic Eye to go down while TT is down either, but if they're serious and want to move quick I don't think anyone is concerned about losing the 24 people who watch the Pixar shorts each day.

Sneaky

(That first quote was a typo moth, sorry)

If Inside Out at Magic Eye is in fact a real plan, I could see that being fast tracked with how the box office performance has been. That said, I think the increased attendance to the Imagination pavilion following a popular Magic Eye film would only delay work on the ride, if anything. They want as much capacity over there as possible if there's a hot new thing. I could see Magic Eye development -> SSE -> Actual main JII downtime

Of course all of this is speculatory, and there's nothing saying SSE and Magic Eye or Imagination can't be down at the same time. Nothing major is happening until Test Track is back online though, SSE and Imagination both move people and would be a big capacity hit to lose with Test Track already down. I do not expect Magic Eye to go down while TT is down either, but if they're serious and want to move quick I don't think anyone is concerned about losing the 24 people who watch the Pixar shorts each day.
Ah so what I’m expecting. SSE and Imagination are in a staring contest, and it’s a matter of who blinks first.

Moth

Yeah, Test Track is going online before the problem children get attention. But as you said, I don't think the 24 people watching the shorts will be that pressed if it closes and becomes Inside Out.

Fair point about them likely wanting Imagination open if they do end up fast-tracking Inside Out. My assumption was "they'd fast-track IO to soak up Imagination capacity when it's down for a re-do, and once that's open, they'd put SSE offline, since that's The People Eater 9000".

But if they redo SSE before JIIWF, that'd draw more people to it and utilize its capacity more, which in turn off sets any issues caused by JIIWF going offline.

I don't see any plans being announced officially for SSE or Imagination until Destination D23 if TT is open by then, barring a fast tracked Inside Out.

Sneaky

Yeah, Test Track is going online before the problem children get attention. But as you said, I don't think the 24 people watching the shorts will be that pressed if it closes and becomes Inside Out.

Fair point about them likely wanting Imagination open if they do end up fast-tracking Inside Out. My assumption was "they'd fast-track IO to soak up Imagination capacity when it's down for a re-do, and once that's open, they'd put SSE offline, since that's The People Eater 9000".

But if they redo SSE before JIIWF, that'd draw more people to it and utilize its capacity more, which in turn off sets any issues caused by JIIWF going offline.

I don't see any plans being announced officially for SSE or Imagination until Destination D23 if TT is open by then, barring a fast tracked Inside Out.
I hate waiting. Oh well, if it brings me good Epcot, it’s worth it.

DreamfinderGuy

Ah so what I’m expecting. SSE and Imagination are in a staring contest, and it’s a matter of who blinks first.
At this point, yeah basically. For a hot minute Wonders was back in the cards as well but judging by the complete radio silence I've heard there in the last few months, coupled by reassurance that SSE/Imagination are being looked at, I assume it is safe to say we're not getting a Wonders development until both are finished. I think I am assuming SSE gets the work first simply because of how many times I've been burned on Imagination, not based on anything more than that.

Sneaky

At this point, yeah basically. For a hot minute Wonders was back in the cards as well but judging by the complete radio silence I've heard there in the last few months, coupled by reassurance that SSE/Imagination are being looked at, I assume it is safe to say we're not getting a Wonders development until both are finished. I think I am assuming SSE gets the work first simply because of how many times I've been burned on Imagination, not based on anything more than that.
That’s good at least they’re both getting done. Sorry about you wonders fans. Hope someday something gets done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom