Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

TrojanUSC

They need to put this ride out of it's misery. I rode it last week and it stopped for extended periods (3 times), scene lighting was so dim (could barely see anything), many of the animatronics weren't working, no A/C, the descent continues to age quickly....this ride is a shell of what it used to be and this park icon deserves better.

The stopping is thanks to everyone using wheelchairs and scooters now.

muddyrivers

Just rode this tonight. How long has the Roman soldier been missing? His outfit is on the floor next to the one giving orders.
As in, there's just a pile of clothes sitting there like the person disappeared into thin air? Time to rewrite the narration, "Behold! Ancient Romans discover the ability to deceive the mind and invent the first magic trick. Ever pull a rabbit out of your hat? Thank the Romans!"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've noticed that Disney is wildly inconsistent with their lighting. Sometimes Spaceship Earth is so dark that you cab barely make out the mammoth scene and other times its so bright that you can see everything behind the screen. Same with attractions like Nemo or Space Mountain. There's inconsistent light levels that appear to change even week to week.
The dawn of time projection has been inconsistent for a long time. Projector issues.

TimeTrip

As in, there's just a pile of clothes sitting there like the person disappeared into thin air? Time to rewrite the narration, "Behold! Ancient Romans discover the ability to deceive the mind and invent the first magic trick. Ever pull a rabbit out of your hat? Thank the Romans!"
Yes. It's so weird. It looks like the kid holding the reins on the horses is taking orders.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Yes. It's so weird. It looks the kid holding the reins on the horses is taking orders.
I forgot I took a picture of the scene a few nights ago but didn't even notice that.

KkO8lMn.jpg

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Do we know the whereabouts of Patrick Spikes?

*Asking for the other annimatronics not missing in SSE.

Bleed0range

I went on this ride for the first time in 20 years and I was shocked at how bad the condition of it was. This needs a huge redo. Completely need to revamp. The iconic ride inside spaceship earth deserves better. It’s actually kind of embarrassing if you consider just how much money Disney has that they’ve let it get this bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom