Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

J4546

at least when sse is done, along with all the other stuff happening now, we can assume there wont be any more major work done to the front end for a few decades

trainplane3

Tom's hit or miss... Remember, it was Tom who posted "rumors" about Country Bears and Tiki Room, only to have them directly contradicted by Disney a day or two later...
But also remember, Tiki Room was spoken by a few on here before he brought it up. In fact, so was CBJ but it was a very brief mention. Part of his problem is bringing stuff up far too early and posting it as news.

TikibirdLand

Tom's hit or miss... Remember, it was Tom who posted "rumors" about Country Bears and Tiki Room, only to have them directly contradicted by Disney a day or two later...
It's also possible that Disney changed their mind too. As much as I enjoy hearing the insiders here, you'll notice that they've had to shift positions too as Disney does internally. Only if Tom had announce the Taco-Donuts early. Maybe he could have changed their minds...

Haymarket2008

Honestly, this makes total sense. They are going to have press forward with the portions of World Celebration that are close to Spaceship Earth, like Dreamers Point, very soon. And if they still are revamping the exit to SSE, it's going to have to coincide with the other construction.

rle4lunch

Well, this potentially kills the mood of my November trip...
Why? Because you won't be able to take a midday nap on one of the most hollowed out, boring rides in all of Disney? (hint, it's SSE in its current iteration).

Seriously though, Epcot is so jacked up, might as well refurb it. Just put the sparkle lights on the outside of it and start redoing the interior.

Mac Tonight

Why? Because you won't be able to take a midday nap on one of the most hollowed out, boring rides in all of Disney? (hint, it's SSE in its current iteration).

Seriously though, Epcot is so jacked up, might as well refurb it. Just put the sparkle lights on the outside of it and start redoing the interior.
Because Stone Cold said so!

Also:

Because I like it.
Because I wanted to show my wife SSE for the first time.
Because it sucks to fly across the country and have one of my favorite attractions closed.
Because, even if it's not the best iteration (I've ridden since '89), SSE is still one of the defining points of Epcot.

Disstevefan1

In a sick kind of logic, it does make some sense. He reports it as they have major structural and track work that is not just wanted but needed, and I am almost positive @marni1971 stated the original update included major track work. I also think since the whole front of the park is a mess anyways, you might as well clutter it up more with moves away from SSE
major structural and track work = two and a half year closure 😭

rle4lunch

Because Stone Cold said so!

Also:

Because I like it.
Because I wanted to show my wife SSE for the first time.
Because it sucks to fly across the country and have one of my favorite attractions closed.
Because, even if it's not the best iteration (I've ridden since '89), SSE is still one of the defining points of Epcot.

Valid argument, I concede to your points! 🙃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom