Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

jt04

It appears some thought there was a chance to keep the traditional Epcot instead of the neighborhood configuration. There must have been some pushback behind the scenes and it may have even had some real traction.

But then Journey of Water went vertical. And now SSE will get reimagined even in the face of the 40th anniversary.

Progress wins out. 'Cause it's Epcot.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It appears some thought there was a chance to keep the traditional Epcot instead of the neighborhood configuration. There must have been some pushback behind the scenes and it may have even had some real traction.

But then Journey of Water went vertical. And now SSE will get reimagined even in the face of the 40th anniversary.

Progress wins out. 'Cause it's Epcot.
No one said anything about not moving forward with the “neighborhood” nonsense. No one except Clickbait has said recently that SSE is closing soon.

jt04

No one said anything about not moving forward with the “neighborhood” nonsense. No one except Clickbait has said recently that SSE is closing soon.

There was clear disappointment or frustration when Journey went vertical. And plenty of calls to reverse the removal on Innoventions west. There has been more than just a little bit of mocking at GotG, the proposed event center, and the neighborhood concept.

SSE rumors make sense in light of the more aggressive construction activity. This is the only area at WDW that can't be ready for the 50th but is still seeing such activity.

You are right to take this new rumor with a grain of salt. Personally I hope it is true as I really like the storytelling angle for SSE. 👍

And I think JoW will be amazing also.

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

There was clear disappointment or frustration when Journey went vertical. And plenty of calls to reverse the removal on Innoventions west. There has been more than just a little bit of mocking at GotG, the proposed event center, and the neighborhood concept.

SSE rumors make sense in light of the more aggressive construction activity. This is the only area at WDW that can't be ready for the 50th but is still seeing such activity.

You are right to take this new rumor with a grain of salt. Personally I hope it is true as I really like the storytelling angle for SSE. 👍

And I think JoW will be amazing also.
So amazing that you'd actually stop by for a visit???

Mac Tonight

I don't do trip reports. More of less random critiques. A lot to catch up on. I hear TSMM is new. Also Star Tours has random sequences. Very cool.
Yes, you should check out that new attraction, Toy Story Midway Mania. I've heard good things...

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom