Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

Inspired Figment

Wow.. talk about bad timing..
I mean, I could understand if it was maybe a couple month refurb on the pre-existing ride.. but they’re really going to do the full blown ‘revamp’ of the ride? That’s insane.. guess we’ll just have to see what happens.

Fear

"As a part of a big anniversary, the new Epcot... the new entrance light show... were closing the ride..."

Actually, I see that happening. With its exterior a de facto attraction (it being a lightshow), they close the interior for the redo. People can still appreciate SSE without the interior attraction.

If it’s coming from that shady eye glasses guy, then I’m not holding my breath.

I'm still waiting for the confirmation that they're leveling The Land and The Seas w/ Nemo & Friends.

Fear

arent they gonna have to take down the facade of sse while they work on it?

I think it's been said elsewhere that they can without it, but it's very, very difficult. Besides, this isn't the first time they've done a big overhaul of the ride. Judy Dench is the fourth narrator, and brought with her a bunch of scene updates.

jamos140

I can't imagine Disney being comfortable with the Spaceship Earth being closed during the 50th anniversary busy season they are expecting. There is already an extremely limited amount of attractions at Epcot.

J4546

right? seems crazy that the most iconic ride of the land will be out of service for the 40th, but it was also down for the 25th as well. im down for the refurb though, the sooner the better.

Bocabear

What is the point of having these D23 Fan Rallies with everyone applauding projects that are later doomed to be value engineered or cancelled completely... They must think the public doesn't remember all the promises of amazing things that never happen... Since they are not doing this why don't they fix the Yeti already...

Phicinfan

Tom is usually right. I hope it doesn’t spiral into a multi year closure.
In a sick kind of logic, it does make some sense. He reports it as they have major structural and track work that is not just wanted but needed, and I am almost positive @marni1971 stated the original update included major track work. I also think since the whole front of the park is a mess anyways, you might as well clutter it up more with moves away from SSE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom