Spaceship Earth is re-imagined by one of its original Imagineers

brkgnews

First of all Thanks for the article. One of my favorite reads here in some time. Also Thanks to brkgnews for sharing your take on this. I am also on your side with this and hope to see that same future.

I am soooo excited now! Feb cannot come too soon for me. I am glad the smell in Rome is there too. I do so want BBQ however when I am there!:lol:
You know what the smell reminds me of? Imitation Bacon Bits.

And yes, I'm serious. Odd.

kcnole

I'm really hoping I can get a trip to Disney for my birthday, and you know what day my birthday is? February 19. Seeing SSE open would be a great 30th birthday gift.

EPCOT Explorer

Thanks for posting this...brought some excitment to a dreary slepy day.
Ahh...THis makes me feel less worried about the SSE refurb...Glad to hear that it's classic items are still gonna be implemented but with a new technological flair....Sounds good

Bruce Broughton's music sounds good too.Hope the narration will complement his music.

*Looks at Feb. '08 calander*

Expo_Seeker40

They need to sell "Rome Burning" candles at gateway gifts under SSE :ROFLOL:

I think this will all be a good refurb. I too will be interested in who the narrator will be, how the script will be written, and if there will be a new space station scene and somehow an incorporation of tomorrow's child, even if it were to be as area music in the queue area, I'd be fine with that.

Epcot82Guy

They need to sell "Rome Burning" candles at gateway gifts under SSE :ROFLOL:

I think this will all be a good refurb. I too will be interested in who the narrator will be, how the script will be written, and if there will be a new space station scene and somehow an incorporation of tomorrow's child, even if it were to be as area music in the queue area, I'd be fine with that.

I think this has great potential. I really hope the new score keeps that powerful impact of the view from the moon, but it seems like they are really taking their time to make this one solid.

As for the candles, I love that idea! ha ha. Have them shaped like a broken column. It's perfect! :sohappy:

darthjohnny

Great article! Thanks for the info! :D

Looks like Patrick Stewart won't be the narrator after all, or have they still not revealed who the narrator will be? What is that Bruce Broughton actually doing on the project?

So, I guess they are getting rid of the whole "communication" angle of Spaceship Earth. :shrug:

Magicot

I always understood that the main reason why SSE didn't get it's original "Horizons-esque" theme was because Bell System/AT&T really wanted to push the communications theme to promote their telephone company. It makes sense if you think about it. And that's why Horizons appeared with the original SSE theme over in FWEast. So basically, we have been deprived of the original SSE for over 25 years and we are now finally getting it back. Thanks to Seimens not being just a telephone company, we can now enjoy a wide range of future technologies. Take a look at the post-show: it has aspects of Test Track, WoL, and UoE. And you can create your own imagined future? I'd say that's a reflection of (Ji)Imagination. See, now SSE truly is the park representative!

PS- You know what we desperately need? New Concept Art!!

Beauty_Belle

Thank you for this interesting article!
I'm just happy to hear they are keeping many elements the same. A new storyline could be very interesting, and an exciting way to look at old scenes in a new way! I'm very curious what is in store or the ending.... Will it be like Horizon's ending or maybe contains some new AA's..... Thankfully, I'll be able to see it in April!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
You've met me. :D And although I have a gut, I'm not pregnant. :lookaroun
hahaha, i know, im just going through the weird "senses" phase with sam right now. she thinks everything smells weird so that reminded me of that

i cant recall, are/did they do a major rehab on the vehicles to help the physical ride experience or tweak the track?

EpcotMark

I always understood that the main reason why SSE didn't get it's original "Horizons-esque" theme was because Bell System/AT&T really wanted to push the communications theme to promote their telephone company. It makes sense if you think about it. And that's why Horizons appeared with the original SSE theme over in FWEast. So basically, we have been deprived of the original SSE for over 25 years and we are now finally getting it back. Thanks to Seimens not being just a telephone company, we can now enjoy a wide range of future technologies. Take a look at the post-show: it has aspects of Test Track, WoL, and UoE. And you can create your own imagined future? I'd say that's a reflection of (Ji)Imagination. See, now SSE truly is the park representative!

I'm not sure about that one. Afterall, communication is the beginning of understanding and its been that way for 25 years. Anyone else want to weigh in on this thought? (Waits for Merf)

TroyMcClure

So excited!

I can't wait to see the refurb, though I think I would have preferred a new orcheastration of the great old score than a new one, but we'll see.

I hope some of the original Ray Bradbury remains intact, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom