News Spaceship Earth is Leaking

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, I think we found a new Sponsor for Spaceship Earth for leakage protection....
81TnSgyoQKL._SL1500_.jpg

Lensman

If it was the HVAC system, it was probably like what happened to me at work several years back. I hear this big bang and water starts dripping from the drop ceiling tiles above my desk. Then, whoosh! one of the tiles breaks in half and crashes to the floor next to my desk and water starts just pouring from above the ceiling. And it keeps coming! Next thing you know, there's water flowing down the hall and people on the sidewalk outside staring at the water leaking out and down the side of the building.

Apparently the chilled water pipe feeding the AC air handler (over my desk) failed catastrophically.

Giraffiki

If it was the HVAC system, it was probably like what happened to me at work several years back. I hear this big bang and water starts dripping from the drop ceiling tiles above my desk. Then, whoosh! one of the tiles breaks in half and crashes to the floor next to my desk and water starts just pouring from above the ceiling. And it keeps coming! Next thing you know, there's water flowing down the hall and people on the sidewalk outside staring at the water leaking out and down the side of the building.

Apparently the chilled water pipe feeding the AC air handler (over my desk) failed catastrophically.

I would bet on it being the HVAC. It's been extra warm up in the top of SSE the past few weeks, leading me to believe the AC wasn't functioning efficiently, likely clogged

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ironically, it is also possible that is exactly what happened. Something in the bathroom breaks and you have water everywhere. Plumbing is so unpredictable and always happens when you have company.
Indeed. It’s worth pointing out SSE is a building. It has plumbing. Bathrooms. Sinks. AC systems. Just like an office block.

It’s just speherical. And on legs.

VJ

Indeed. It’s worth pointing out SSE is a building. It has plumbing. Bathrooms. Sinks. AC systems. Just like an office block.

It’s just speherical. And on legs.
That's a weird thought to me, honestly. Like it might as well be a skyscraper but it looks so different that you don't really think about the fact that it's an actual working building and not just some cleverly-made facade.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's a weird thought to me, honestly. Like it might as well be a skyscraper but it looks so different that you don't really think about the fact that it's an actual working building and not just some cleverly-made facade.
It’s crazy when you consider it. Offices, a workshop, staircases, wardrobe, storerooms, bathrooms, break rooms, mechanical, plant, computer rooms - plus the ride - all inside.

Ag11gani

It’s crazy when you consider it. Offices, a workshop, staircases, wardrobe, storerooms, bathrooms, break rooms, mechanical, plant, computer rooms - plus the ride - all inside.

I find it funny because as a child I was convinced that only the planetarium portion of the ride took place in the sphere, with the rest of it in the lounge building, which as an adult I now know that, it is not the case. It really is amazing that so many things are crammed into there.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
That spot shown leaking during/after a rain storm at the butt of SSE is nothing new. It has always leaked like that and created the same mess. Additionally if it was water for fire suppression or HVAC chilled/heated water it wouldn’t be clear as shown in the video and photos. That water would be stagnant, rust colored, and smelly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom