News Spaceship Earth is Leaking

trainplane3

It’s crazy when you consider it. Offices, a workshop, staircases, wardrobe, storerooms, bathrooms, break rooms, mechanical, plant, computer rooms - plus the ride - all inside.
I believe I heard it from you but isn't it true that you can't use the bathroom during operating hours since it's audible from on the ride?

And call me weird, but I'd like the privilege to tell people "You see Spaceship Earth? Ya, I used the bathroom in there". You know...just because.:p

StarWarsGirl

Rude, but I'm actually getting a kick out of Aristotle (?) having the ceiling pee on him as he lectures serious students on Mathematics :).
There is Math.... then, there is engineering :).
The Greeks were actually one of the first civilizations to develop indoor plumbing...and this is the thanks they get... they're probably cursing out the Phonecians.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That spot shown leaking during/after a rain storm at the butt of SSE is nothing new. It has always leaked like that and created the same mess. Additionally if it was water for fire suppression or HVAC chilled/heated water it wouldn’t be clear as shown in the video and photos. That water would be stagnant, rust colored, and smelly.
Bathroom leak confirmed!

KBLovedDisney

The Greeks were actually one of the first civilizations to develop indoor plumbing...and this is the thanks they get... they're probably cursing out the Phonecians.
cgtyQFB.gif

Nerdman3000

Some someone on Twitter is saying that they heard that not only has the Greece scene been effected, but that it’s been partially damaged somehow, though no clue on how extensive.

Also someone who had to leave the ride when it closed earlier that he noted it felt like they were rushing guests out at a faster rush than he considered normal, so that could be a sign it might be more serious.

Winter

I find it funny because as a child I was convinced that only the planetarium portion of the ride took place in the sphere, with the rest of it in the lounge building, which as an adult I now know that, it is not the case. It really is amazing that so many things are crammed into there.
.......That's not how it is? The whole ride is in there????

O_O

donsullivan

Premium Member
I just got home from an afternoon at Epcot and a few notes around this. It was not raining when it started, nor had it rained at all in the area for more than 12 hours prior to when this started. And for those trying to convince others that SSE does this every time it rains, I'm sorry but that is simply a false statement. There was an astonishing amount of water flowing out of the bottom of the globe and it was not raining.

The attraction has been closed since late-morning today and never opened again throughout the day and I do not expect that you'll see it re-open for quite some time. When I left a little over an hour ago, the flow of water had diminished greatly but there was still some flowing right behind the FP+ kiosk for the CM at the first scan station. Everything I'm hearing is that something broke in the chilled water system for the A/C in the building.

lazyboy97o

In a properly designed roof drainage system, water should be visible if their is a clog in the primary drain. Overflow drains are designed so that water is readily visible as a sign that there is an issue. The lack of rain at the time makes this seem unlikely.

I suspect that if this is a broken pipe or HVAC issue they legally can't have the building open until the issue is resolved, is that correct?
It would depend on the nature of the problem. HVAC isn’t really required but fire systems would be required to be operational, but there are even ways around those at times.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
You know.....If you're one of those that formulate an opinion based on the title of a thread..................

I don't think that even a bunker in Montana and 2 years worth of K-rations can help. Just my first thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom