spaceship earth end not done

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizpins14

Lets not forget Judi Dench was in the Disney classic film Home on the Range.....

Irons is the man. No Irons and no mini Spaceship Earth model with fiber optics and moving score makes it a bad rehab in my eyes.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
It drives but it's ugly, we're debating with insurance wether or not i have to drive it to the concierge or if it needs to be towed. I think not having a bumper or headlights justifies a tow.

You just went thru this back in fall... :lol:

Told you to just get a hummer. :lol::p

Glad you are ok though.

I'm home. Any questions?

I wrecked the merfmobile :( Apparently guardrails and bumpers dont mix.

Oh well, any news from today?

Edit: No sign of chicken wire or curtains as of yesterday in the descent.

Edit: well then... that is great news! :) It was such an eye sore!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
You just went thru this back in fall... :lol:

Told you to just get a hummer. :lol::p

Glad you are ok though.

Edit: well then... that is great news! :) It was such an eye sore!

When i was on the phone with insurance, he was like "you just had an accidnet.." and i quickly corrected with "No, i was rear ended in the fall and the other person's insurance paid for everything, this time i fronted-ended a stationary object and you're paying for everything - it's kinda the opposite"

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
When i was on the phone with insurance, he was like "you just had an accidnet.." and i quickly corrected with "No, i was rear ended in the fall and the other person's insurance paid for everything, this time i fronted-ended a stationary object and you're paying for everything - it's kinda the opposite"

That would be a "D'Oh" moment!

haha:hammer:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Also,how were the triangles?

Most of them were black, and you can tell they're mounted via a pole or something that has a cap covering them that has a disk, so that makes a circle/disc on the face side. Think of like how when you assemble a desk or something and they give you those little faux-wood disks to cover the screw holes. Except these are fairly large.

Anywho, those are visible in the black in the middle of the triangle as what keeps them floating in space.

Most are just black, some are painted in the blacklight paint in strip on 3 sides, some have just 1 line or two lines. They definitely dont look finished. It's more so toward the bottom, but definitely looks sporadic at best down there. The whole star shape isn't done and the ones that are painted are clustered, implying that's where they started painting.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So are they just lights or screens like the '86 version of the ride?

They're black panels. Think like if you took a piece of a wood or something and stuck a pole into the back of it and then the cap/disk is on the front to hide the screw that connects it to the pole that connects it the aperture/cage that surrounds the track. The triangle shape is then outlined (on some) in a sort of wash of blacklight reactive paint or glow paint that's like a fluorescent blue.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Sounds cool.Kinda like static fiber optics then?Do you,personally,think it's for something bigger?

They vary in size and shape, and are all around the vehicle, so i dont suspect they're for projection, and the construction suggests they cant be porjected on from behind. Perhaps a section could be rear-lit and i didnt notice they were different, but assuming they're all the same, eventually they'll merely make a nice sort of artistic surround.

They start out spaced far apart, come together at the "star" where the city used to be, then spread out again down to ramp to unload. We're talking big triangle, like the ones on SSE itself too.

The shape of the triangle seems very intentional. Like the way the blue lights are hung in the scene before it. The blue lights are hung in perfect straight rows, and your vehicle actually tilts on the ride track (in previous versions of the ride, the scenery tilted too so you felt lvel) so now instead it appears the perfectly level rows go askew, your horizon shifts and it's a neat effect.

Similarly, the triangles start out elongated then become more "typical" and then into the star pattern before elongating again as they spread out at the end. that whole sort of morphing effect. Why I said it seems very intention and why i said it seems highly unlikely they'd be left black and unseen.

It looks like someone having fun with visual pan effect that omnimovers create.

calismic

I rode SSE both on Feb. 15th and 16th. On the 15th all of the visible Triangles were lit. On the 16th the first half were lit, the second half were dark. They all definitely light up though.

jt04

Great report! Just wondering what you think of the smoke stacks? I thought some Davinci mechanical drawings would look good there (ala WoM).

By the way, you haven't made any Royals mad lately have you? :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

(just kidding)

aladdin2007

Corrus, that roaming black bug on your name icon I thought was an actual bug on my screen and I started swatting at my monitor LOL :ROFLOL:too funny.

anyhow the atmosphere of triangles really do sound great, I cant quite picture the star shape in the future city area but cant wait to check it out in person once its all done and lit. Merf any thoughts on the music? Several have said how its been remixed or somethign at the top, does it sound any better in the triangles area etc?

jt04

If I were ever to have a good idea about anything (I've been told it could never happen :animwink:), they are more then welcome to use it........free!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Corrus, that roaming black bug on your name icon I thought was an actual bug on my screen and I started swatting at my monitor LOL :ROFLOL:too funny.

anyhow the atmosphere of triangles really do sound great, I cant quite picture the star shape in the future city area but cant wait to check it out in person once its all done and lit. Merf any thoughts on the music? Several have said how its been remixed or somethign at the top, does it sound any better in the triangles area etc?

The music is the same, it's the in-car audio that is better mixed.

As you leave the blue-grid, you enter the sparkley fiber optic stars (not curtains, r atleast, not noticeable curtains) and the rock/cloud voids from the earlier ride (the armature stars w/ lightning) and just as you leave the blue dots is when Judi is saying it's time to create your future and when the screan turns on and with a "swoosh-bing" and it's pulses on in blue matching the dots.

It works very well together aesthetically.

You answer the questions through the stars and the panels, watching the "outline" animation roughly by the time you reach the "star" formation (think of it as the triangle coming together and their painted outline forming the shape of a 5-point star akin to the ones on SSE's exterior)

I think i just realized i was confusing people by mixing stars as in points of light and "star" as in 5 pointed shaped.

Anywho, you think drift down watching your future as the triangles drift apart and elongate until you reach the end and your future ends and Judi wishes you farewell and you turn around and then exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom