spaceship earth end not done

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well, atleast the audio and video is there, the triangle aren't finished. They're about 1/6 to 1/5 painted, but appear to be installed in that pattern.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Good now all they need to do is three things:

- Have Tommorow's Child play during the descent
- Bring back the satallite scene at 180 topside
- Reedit Judi Dench narration and get rid of the corny lines like "remember your ABCs". Those kinds of jokes dont work in this type of ride.

If they do that they have a guarenteed winner.

I was really hoping for the return of this song. Although Irons is a fine narrator, I miss the Cronkite version largely because of Tomorrow's Child. I still find the song to be very uplifting and inspiring when I hear it (which is basically when I play it). It was, I thought, a perfect accompaniment to the descent.

dxwwf3

I'm just glad to hear Disney is trying to improve the finale for those not interested in picture animations. And this at least proves that there were quite a few people who felt that way. For me, all they have to do is put up some visuals, make the score noticiable and it won't be much of a drop off from what has been there in the past. And then you would have the added dimension of the video screens for those that are interested in that. Sounds like they could have the best of both worlds if they just keep adding things to the finale.

aladdin2007

I'm just glad to hear Disney is trying to improve the finale for those not interested in picture animations.

Yeah it sounds like its really all coming together now with the best of both working together, atmosphere and the touch screens. If only the music were better in this redo, but oh well at least the sound quality they have been tweaking I guess. I think for the most part we can be pretty thankful for this refurb now. Maybe not what we wanted exactly and some may still be upset with it but Im just glad they went back in and did it different and continue to work in it.

WDWFigment

Maybe not what we wanted exactly and some may still be upset with it but Im just glad they went back in and did it different and continue to work in it.

I agree completely. Even if I don't end up liking the end result, I won't chalk it up to laziness--just a difference of opinion. I think WDI has had a recent resurgence in the quality of their bigger refurbs.

Eyorefan

I'm just glad to hear Disney is trying to improve the finale for those not interested in picture animations.

Yeah, that and for when the animation doesn't work. The two times I rode it on my last trip, (2/2-2/8) I got all the way through answering the questions before the computer shut down. Not cool.

dpunky

I think WDW will still keep tinkering with different parts of the ride even after the official grand reopenning. I can see the ride being different the next couple of times I go to EPCOT throught this year.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The recording ban does make you wonder if there is a slight possibility that the suits are a bit miffed at the negative reactions, or rather want to hold our online judgements until the descent is fully comlete. We know it was rushed to open (again) against WDIs wishes. Perish the thought if The Orlando Sentinel picked this one up :eek:

Thanks, Merf. As always :wave:
well then i say that they shouldnt open the thing half complete if they didnt want negative reactions to a half complete attraction. especially in today's society were we want something yesterday and report things as they are happening.

Or...this was the plan all along and everyone jumped to conclusion...
possibly. i would like to know that answer, especially to those who swore it was complete, and those who swore it wasnt. we may never know. :lol:

WDW Monorail

well then i say that they shouldnt open the thing half complete if they didnt want negative reactions to a half complete attraction. especially in today's society were we want something yesterday and report things as they are happening.

WDI was forced to do so.

:(

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Not everyone... ;)

Kinda reminds me of a certain bear, his cubbies, and their balloons. :rolleyes:
a coaster exiting out of the side of SSE... who would believe the possibilities of that actually happening :lookaroun

yoda. yes, that does take me back too. man, has it been 4 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom