Spaceship Earth coaster???

dponisci

Original Poster
Would there be any possible way to fit a coaster inside spaceship earth? it just seems like the perfect spot if its big enough. and has that ever been talked about before?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
nowhere near enough room for a coaster....

unless you wouldn't mind a 15 second coaster.

Also, it's not a good idea. In a round building, it would be HELL to evac on a coaster track

wanabeimagineer

When I was a kid, the first time I saw Spaceship Earth, I was convinced it was just a giant roller coaster that just went through continuous loops, like those Fireball things at carnivals. I didnt go on it because of that, but then my family convinced me it wasnt a roller coaster, so I went on, and ever since then that ride has bored the heck outta me.

monorail256

i love spaceship earth just the way it is.. i can smell the disticnt burning smell or rome burning down right now.. haha.. gotta love SE!! :lol:

Herbie53

Premium Member
Don't anybody even think about changing Spaceship Earth! That being said, I wouldn't call anything impossible if you put the right minds behind the project. If I'm not mistaken there is a roller coaster on the top of a tower in Las Vegas. Certainly there's not much room there. I'm sure a roller coaster COULD be built in SE. It just wouldn't be traditional, or long, or practical, or appropriate.

The first time I saw SE, I was 4. I thought it was solid. Imagine my surprise when I found out there was a ride inside! I guess when I stop and think about it, its still kind of shocking. So I'd say yes, anything is possible for Disney. But that certainly doesn't mean it'll happen.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Herbie53
Don't anybody even think about changing Spaceship Earth! That being said, I wouldn't call anything impossible if you put the right minds behind the project. If I'm not mistaken there is a roller coaster on the top of a tower in Las Vegas. Certainly there's not much room there. I'm sure a roller coaster COULD be built in SE. It just wouldn't be traditional, or long, or practical, or appropriate.

The first time I saw SE, I was 4. I thought it was solid. Imagine my surprise when I found out there was a ride inside! I guess when I stop and think about it, its still kind of shocking. So I'd say yes, anything is possible for Disney. But that certainly doesn't mean it'll happen.

I've been on that coaster.....while being up 115 stories on a coaster is cool, it's only like a 15 second ride. I like the ride that's currently in place. :)

Herbie53

Premium Member
Originally posted by Fievel

I've been on that coaster.....while being up 115 stories on a coaster is cool, it's only like a 15 second ride. I like the ride that's currently in place. :)

I pretty much figured it was the location that made that coaster worth riding. It just goes in circles, right?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Essentialy yes....just around the top part ofthe bulding...a little up and down movement,but that's it.

I also got to ride the slingshot ride at the top...shoots you up 13 stories in about 2 seconds....then plays "Viva Las Vegas"......Ride both, but you'll enjoy the slingshot more :)

Herbie53

Premium Member
Originally posted by Fievel
Essentialy yes....just around the top part ofthe bulding...a little up and down movement,but that's it.

I also got to ride the slingshot ride at the top...shoots you up 13 stories in about 2 seconds....then plays "Viva Las Vegas"......Ride both, but you'll enjoy the slingshot more :)

I don't know if I could handle a slingshot at 115 stories :eek:

Terp02

The Stratosphere ride is awesome, reverse ToT. I loved it.

As for a Spaceship Earth rollercoaster, it'd be horrible, way too cramped. I love SE the way it is, as it should be.

Brer Bear

If anyone even thinks about changing Spaceship Earth I would throw up:hurl:

This is by far my favorite ride in any of the parks.It has so many things that are so distinct to it(i.e. the smell of Rome burning).So it doesn't need to be turned into a thrill ride. If i want to go on a thril ride I will head over to MGM.

WDWspider

Originally posted by Herbie53

The first time I saw SE, I was 4. I thought it was solid. Imagine my surprise when I found out there was a ride inside! I guess when I stop and think about it, its still kind of shocking.

I was the same way when I was little, and yes it is still shocking. I was even surprised more recently when AK opened to find that the Tree of life would have a show under it. Don't know why, I guess I thought the Tree and the animals around it would be enough. Wish they had something under Cinderella's Castle like they do in France. Couldn't they do that since the Utilidors are under the Castle right? Oh, yeah, I forgot about the missiles in the spires of the castle.:lol:

MGM WDWFan

It's pure blasphemy to even consider the idea of making ANY changes to SE. I'm convinced that it is a ride that will last as long as Epcot does.....which hopefully will be forever. Eisner wouldn't dare mess with this.

kaos

Originally posted by MGM WDWFan
It's pure blasphemy to even consider the idea of making ANY changes to SE. I'm convinced that it is a ride that will last as long as Epcot does.....which hopefully will be forever. Eisner wouldn't dare mess with this.

Are you referring to Michael Eisner? The same man that messed with Horizons and the Enchanted Tiki Room?

WDWFREAK53

yeah no kidding...I can see it now...Gutting Spaceship Earth COMPLETELY...(except for the "finale") and plopping in a dumbo ride...with spaceships (just like Astro Orbiter) but it would be themed so well!!! Eisner...are you listening??? QUICK...DO THIS, IT'LL BRING MORE KIDS TO THE PARKS!!!

JUST KIDDING GUYS!!!

WDWspider

But EPCOT doesn't have a Dumbo ride yet, oh my gosh, that's why attendance dropped almost half when the Millenium Celebration was over. Actually, that must be what Mission Space will be, a new Astro Orbiter at G-Force Speeds, wow! The Secrets out.

WDWFREAK53

You're RIGHT!!! I totally forgot about M:S...I mean...who would think that HORIZONS would NOT BE IN EPCOT anymore...
Next thing will be World of Motion...

I can see it now... Journey Into Imagination will NO LONGER HAVE FIGMENT!!! PLEASE...IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!

THE LIVING SEAS WILL NO LONGER HAVE THE SEA CABS!!!

But seriously...Spaceship Earth is going to turn into a Wild Mouse Coaster with cardboard cutouts of upcoming movies plastered throughout it...and the "Global Neighborhood" will become chock full o' those really really exciting and fun MIDWAY GAMES!!!

WOOHOO...can't wait!

WDWspider

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

But seriously...Spaceship Earth is going to turn into a Wild Mouse Coaster with cardboard cutouts of upcoming movies plastered throughout it...and the "Global Neighborhood" will become chock full o' those really really exciting and fun MIDWAY GAMES!!!

WOOHOO...can't wait!

Now, you can fit A LOT of Midway games in EPCOT.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom