Space Mountain starting test and adjust

Figment1986

I saw a train running on SM during one of the times I went on the TTA today. Very interesting...

it's completely possible if they are done redoing whatever pieces of track and such they could be running 1 empty train on each side off and on :shrug:

On Monday I saw a team of cast members in Tomorroland uniforms (the ones they would wear for Space Mountain) wasling from the front of tomorrowland, to the back when I was on TTA... and they were wearing Hard Hats.

EPCOT Explorer

it's completely possible if they are done redoing whatever pieces of track and such they could be running 1 empty train on each side off and on :shrug:

On Monday I saw a team of cast members in Tomorroland uniforms (the ones they would wear for Space Mountain) wasling from the front of tomorrowland, to the back when I was on TTA... and they were wearing Hard Hats.
I'm sorry, I didn't understand that....but it sounds interesting.

RSoxNo1

It appears that the signs on the lifthill that tell you how much time before launch have been removed. These were one of the things on the lift hill that looked very dated - I'd like to see this improved in some capacity.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I can only say this: it will be nice to go to MK and have Space Mountain back.

Yes Yes Yes Completely agree....

My one wish would be to re-install the stereo sound tunnel in the portion of the queue directly below the WDWRR tracks (at the low point of the queue). When the attraction opened in '75 and RCA was the sponsor, the SM theme song "Here's to the Future" used to play in this incredible tunnel of sound. This section of sound was about 50 feet long and as you proceeded through it, you experienced different instrumentation of the song....really cool. It must have dissappeared when RCA left as sponsor.

I missed you last week Space Mountain...it will be great to see you this coming February.

Figment1986

I'm sorry, I didn't understand that....but it sounds interesting.

from a safety standpoint...

Run 1 empty train on each track... to be sure the improvements / modifications to the track are safe. (stndard practie on any atraction to cycle one train for any given amount of time, before bringing more onto the track at any given time.)

On Monday when I was riding the TTA i looked over the railing onto the avenue of planets and saw a group of 5-7 CMs who were in space mountain uniform wearing orange / red hard hats walking towards space Mountain... we were rounding the curve to enter the stitch building before I could get my camera out to snap a photo.

sillyspook13

I rode TTA twice this morning and sadly I missed getting to see the train on the lift hill by a matter of seconds. I did however notice that the lift effects were on and have obviously been refurbished (note: 10 seconds to launch sign).
IMG_0132.jpg

sillyspook13

Hmm... Did the lift hill sound any different? Quieter?

I couldn't hear it running either time I passed by, but I assume it was considering there was an announcement that a train had entered the lift hill seconds after I saw it.

I guess that would make my answer a yes.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom