Space Mountain starting test and adjust

Figment1986

Also possibly worth noting: the pile of skyway debris is gone.
IMG_0136.jpg

looks like they now need to layout the new outdoor switchback queue fro hell :lol: that, and finish the alterations to the Space mountain Restroom building...

Exprcoofto

My friend went to MK and saw a Test Train on Space Mountain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1spOLlsm3MY and another video of the Front of SM/Skyway Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9wSXRKnd0g

Someone on YouTube posted this awesome video of the Space Mountain launch area... in HD! Take a look, and analyze. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1spOLlsm3MY

Note the rockets passing by at 0:21. ;)
They look unchanged, and lift hill sounds much, much, MUCH nicer.

Yup was already posted before you ;) I wonder why exactly they are sending the cars through. Must have a specific reason.

EpcotServo

Someone on YouTube posted this awesome video of the Space Mountain launch area... in HD! Take a look, and analyze. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1spOLlsm3MY

Note the rockets passing by at 0:21. ;)
They look unchanged, and lift hill sounds much, much, MUCH nicer.

EDIT: I guess the spaceship was painted.

Video observations:

1: The Rockets ARE DEFINITELY repainted Blue/Purple.

2: The lift may be quieter, but I won't assume that until it has trains on it with rollbacks.

3. THERE IS NO ON BOARD AUDIO. Unless they've shoved them under the seats (Highly Unlikely) there is no changes in shape or shell with side speakers.

Yup was already posted before you ;) I wonder why exactly they are sending the cars through. Must have a specific reason.

The specific reason is "See if it works" or maybe "Does not come off the rails because we've been working around it for months."

:lol:

Seriously, any ride that has been closed for any amount of time tests and cycles, don't read too much into it youse peoples.
:wave:

Exprcoofto

Was there every any "background" music playing in the mountain at all? Maybe they'll have some big speakers with a load background loop playing. At least it would be something...

hpyhnt 1000

Does anyone know what will be of lower level of the Skyway station where the shop used to be? The only reason I ask is because I think that covered area would be the perfect new location to put the FastPass machines for SM. :shrug:

EpcotServo

I don't think the Explorer Vehicle on the lifthill was repainted...I think that's just the blue light reflecting off the backside of it.

I was curious on that matter, so I digged up a picture I took a few years ago.

picture.php

That's a big no! I don't know what they did with that paneling...or what they're planning it for. Now it's just blue for some reason.
:shrug:

WDITrent

So they did paint them! I thought it was just the weird lighting contrasted against the glow-in-the-dark side panels, but now that it's mentioned, I did see that. It looks like they retained their comfortable seats, too.

magicmaya

So they did paint them! I thought it was just the weird lighting contrasted against the glow-in-the-dark side panels, but now that it's mentioned, I did see that. It looks like they retained their comfortable seats, too.

too bad they dont have a head rest :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

True, but it is from the TTA ... just sayin. :shrug:
True, but in the dark? Maybe.

Is the "Launch Control Alpha" sign that's on the left underneath the window a new addition? I don't recall seeing it before--it looks like the right side has something similar (probably Launch Control Omega?).

Anyway, hope it's new...and hope there's some new details we can't see with the lights ON.
Right. Some of the new stuff might be projection based. :D That could be cool....
Yup sure does. Not sure if they changed the colors, but they are extremely crisp.
Indeed. They look awesome, in anycase.

Maybe a new color scheme for the Mountain?:D
that last video suggests that they have changed the star tunnel music. sounds like a new mix of the old version.
Care to link to it? I can't find it...and would LOVE to hear what they did with it.

Was there every any "background" music playing in the mountain at all? Maybe they'll have some big speakers with a load background loop playing. At least it would be something...
Thats what Martin was saying. Should be interesting, either way...
I was curious on that matter, so I digged up a picture I took a few years ago.

picture.php

That's a big no! I don't know what they did with that paneling...or what they're planning it for. Now it's just blue for some reason.
:shrug:

New effect/lighting? Ooooh...

magicmaya

True, but in the dark? Maybe.

Right. Some of the new stuff might be projection based. :D That could be cool....

Indeed. They look awesome, in anycase.

Maybe a new color scheme for the Mountain?:D
Care to link to it? I can't find it...and would LOVE to hear what they did with it.

Thats what Martin was saying. Should be interesting, either way...

New effect/lighting? Ooooh...

I hope it gets new projection effects
I would love to see a new color scheme that fits in with the rest of T-LAND
With that said, I can't wait to see it in the dark! :sohappy::wave:

50 more posts until 2000 posts!

EPCOT Explorer

I hope it gets new projection effects
I would love to see a new color scheme that fits in with the rest of T-LAND
With that said, I can't wait to see it in the dark! :sohappy::wave:

50 more posts until 2000 posts!

Well...seeing that the rest of Tomorrowland has the ability to change color...:D;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom