Space Mountain Speaker Tests?

ScrapIron

Wow! The charge that opening chord sent down my spine really shows how much the audio adds. Man, I love SM at DL. Glad it's in the dark so no one can see me when I'm on it. Bliss. Pure bliss! Happy to hear it's finally dark in the MK; I am looking forward to riding.....very.....soon.

A bientot.

mickey2008.1

thanks everybody for the links(rsox) and the you tubes. It realy does make a difference. Even if wdw just played loud space music would make a difference. they could even sync the lift off with loud speakers and make it work somewhat, better than nothing. i love our sm, but i want better like every other park has.

TP2000

thanks everybody for the links(rsox) and the you tubes. It realy does make a difference. Even if wdw just played loud space music would make a difference. they could even sync the lift off with loud speakers and make it work somewhat, better than nothing. i love our sm, but i want better like every other park has.

Disneyland's Space Mountain also has trackside audio in addition to the onboard audio. That YouTube audio is just the onboard sound, but there's plenty of sections of track at Disneyland where there are audio effects being played alongside and above the track, with lots of "PSSHHHHH - PSSHHHH!" sounds and "WYOPP - WYOPP!" noises or "PFFFFT!" sound effects as things whiz past you or airlock doors open or some such effect taking place along the track. (I really love that I just tried to spell the sounds those effects make! :lol: )

My point is that there is a modern precedent set for having audio effects take place alongside the track. Disneyland has those, in addition to the onboard audio played through the shoulder-level seat speakers and underseat subwoofers.

It could be done for the WDW version too. It wouldn't be the luxury full-service 21st century Nordstrom version of Space Mountain that Disneyland has, but it would at least elevate the current JCPenney WDW version to maybe.... Macy's? :D

Disneyland's Space Mountain also has trackside audio in addition to the onboard audio. That YouTube audio is just the onboard sound, but there's plenty of sections of track at Disneyland where there are audio effects being played alongside and above the track, with lots of "PSSHHHHH - PSSHHHH!" sounds and "WYOPP - WYOPP!" noises or "PFFFFT!" sound effects as things whiz past you or airlock doors open or some such effect taking place along the track. (I really love that I just tried to spell the sounds those effects make! :lol: )

My point is that there is a modern precedent set for having audio effects take place alongside the track. Disneyland has those, in addition to the onboard audio played through the shoulder-level seat speakers and underseat subwoofers.

It could be done for the WDW version too. It wouldn't be the luxury full-service 21st century Nordstrom version of Space Mountain that Disneyland has, but it would at least elevate the current JCPenney WDW version to maybe.... Macy's? :D
From what ive heard from other people the Paris version blows DL's and WDW's out of the water.

Tigerace81

I was there on the 16th and they had no speakers on any train. Unless they have a prototype train backstage. Plus didnt they say the structure wouldnt be able to hold the weight of a train with speakers?

SeaCastle

Oh, yeah? At least we got our PeopleMover! :lol: :lookaroun

In all fairness, the ride experience at Space Mountain: Disneyland is far superior to the WDW version. With all of the effects (visual and auditory), you really feel like your mission through space is uniquely yours. It's just plain fun.

But Space Mountain: Magic Kingdom has the aura of mystique and kinetics that Disneyland can never have. Disneyland has a long, winding queue, partly in the hot sun, with nothing to look at. Once you get inside the building, it's a delight, but WDW's fully envelops you from the moment you queue up. The TTA goes through the mountain, where riders can view the post-show. Eerie music plays in the queue, but by the time you're in your rocket, the trip is nothing but whiplash and back-ache (kind of like the Matterhorn, but at least that has special effects).

FoxxFur over on Passport2Dreams summed up some of my sentiments, but I have a place in my heart for Space Mountain: Disneyland.

Oh, yeah? At least we got our PeopleMover! :lol: :lookaroun

In all fairness, the ride experience at Space Mountain: Disneyland is far superior to the WDW version. With all of the effects (visual and auditory), you really feel like your mission through space is uniquely yours. It's just plain fun.

But Space Mountain: Magic Kingdom has the aura of mystique and kinetics that Disneyland can never have. Disneyland has a long, winding queue, partly in the hot sun, with nothing to look at. Once you get inside the building, it's a delight, but WDW's fully envelops you from the moment you queue up. The TTA goes through the mountain, where riders can view the post-show. Eerie music plays in the queue, but by the time you're in your rocket, the trip is nothing but whiplash and back-ache (kind of like the Matterhorn, but at least that has special effects).

FoxxFur over on Passport2Dreams summed up some of my sentiments, but I have a place in my heart for Space Mountain: Disneyland.
What is your opinion on the Paris SM, ive never ridden it and want to know if it blows DL's out of the water.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.

After finally getting to experience the DL Space Mountain 3 times in the last week I have to say that the WDW Space (which I've been riding exclusively since 1989) seems more like a Wal-Mart version. :lol: Who knew that the ride didn't have to leave you with bruises and a desire to go see a chiropractor. Plus, the on board audio makes it 100x more exciting and gives you the feeling that you are going WAY faster than you really are. Between SM, Fantasmic!, and Indy I am going to be very disappointed when I head to WDW in 3 weeks. :lookaroun

RobGraves

What is your opinion on the Paris SM, ive never ridden it and want to know if it blows DL's out of the water.

Paris is nice and has awesome effects... but the ride is getting a bit bumpy (vekoma).

Id rank them

HK
DL
DLRP
TDL
WDW

only cause Hong Kong has some additional effects on

TP2000

After finally getting to experience the DL Space Mountain 3 times in the last week I have to say that the WDW Space (which I've been riding exclusively since 1989) seems more like a Wal-Mart version. :lol: Who knew that the ride didn't have to leave you with bruises and a desire to go see a chiropractor. Plus, the on board audio makes it 100x more exciting and gives you the feeling that you are going WAY faster than you really are. Between SM, Fantasmic!, and Indy I am going to be very disappointed when I head to WDW in 3 weeks. :lookaroun

You won't be surprised to learn that I originally typed "Wal-Mart" in the sentence describing WDW's Space Mountain. But I backspaced over that and typed "JCPenney" instead because I thought Wal-Mart might be too inflammatory. :lol:

Space Mountain, Fantasmic! and Indiana Jones are like the holy trinity of Disneyland that quite easily sums up how different Disneyland is compared to WDW when it comes to E-Ticket attractions and large scale entertainment. Glad you could come out to SoCal to experience Disneyland and gain a new point of reference for American Disney theme parks in the 21st century. :wave:

SeaCastle

Space Mountain, Fantasmic! and Indiana Jones are like the holy trinity of Disneyland that quite easily sums up how different Disneyland is compared to WDW when it comes to E-Ticket attractions and large scale entertainment. Glad you could come out to SoCal to experience Disneyland and gain a new point of reference for American Disney theme parks in the 21st century. :wave:

Well, if you want to compare Walt Disney World to Disneyland, I can make the argument that we have Test Track, Mission: Space, Spaceship Earth, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, World Showcase, Expedition Everest, etc. I don't believe in comparing Disneyland Park to Magic Kingdom because they are so different on so many levels, but your "holy trinity" does kind of blow its East Coast counterparts out of the water, when taken on an individual, attraction level.

cheezbat

For real! Many of Disneyland's attractions make the Magic Kingdom's look like cheap rip-offs. It's so depressing. I used to think they were the greatest things, but after my first visit to Disneyland, I realized all that I was really missing.

Great job Disneyland! Magic Kingdom...it's time to pick up the slack!

TP2000

For real! Many of Disneyland's attractions make the Magic Kingdom's look like cheap rip-offs. It's so depressing. I used to think they were the greatest things, but after my first visit to Disneyland, I realized all that I was really missing.

Great job Disneyland! Magic Kingdom...it's time to pick up the slack!

Well, would you like to color with Princess Aurora? How about a double serving of Dumbo? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom