Space Mountain Speaker Tests?

BrerFrog

Testing of an audio addition to the attraction took place about 2-3 weeks ago during the overnight shift. The time line goal for the addition isn't that far out, however it's not 100% green lit either.

Nice. I hope they will do it.

Omegadiz

well first, i think mk space mountain shout be completely re- constructed to include the launch tunnel outside the mountain like DLP. an actual launch instead of a lift hill. bigger building. projections of other planets. and the ride should start from the bottom so that its a higher initial lift. maybe a loop or 2

Omegadiz

as for music, if disney still owned the power rangers, the power rangers in space, lost galaxy, lightspeed rescue, and time force instrumental there songs would work....listen to them on youtube

RSoxNo1

As much as I love DL, it has the most messed up FP queue line system. I was appaled that we had to wait outside in the unthemed part of the Indy queue and briskly walk through the well themed part. SM was just the same.

Crowd management is the biggest advantage WDW has over Disneyland. This doesn't mean Disneyland has longer lines, but it doesn't handle those lines as well, and the walkways are significantly more cramped. This is primarily due to available space.

ToTBellHop

Crowd management is the biggest advantage WDW has over Disneyland. This doesn't mean Disneyland has longer lines, but it doesn't handle those lines as well, and the walkways are significantly more cramped. This is primarily due to available space.
you would have thought during the 2005 update that they would have been able to come up with a better system for the Fastpass merge on SM at Disneyland, however. Indy's queue is reasonably wide, too (plus they have that wide exit walkway that runs right past the entry queue). They could retrofit it to have Fastpass merge into the queue much later if they wanted to. It'd cost some money, but they could do it.

DisneyWall-E

I am a bit late to the party, but I did want to comment on this. Generally, the trains wouldn't have batteries, but rather large capacitors that would hold the electricity needed to run the speakers. There really isn't too much to the recharging of the capacitors on the train, they just run a energized rail in the loading station that charges the capacitors aboard the train. The capacitors allow for lots of current when needed and can charge and discharge quickly.

And yea, you can get tiny amplifiers these days that are actually quite powerful (the Harry Potter ride at Universal uses Bose amplifiers onboard that you can hold in your hand). Same with subs. Compared to even 10 years ago, audio technology has really improved.

what about using the spinning of the wheels of the train with a alternator.

Omegadiz

^not like youre thinking outside the box....'sides, i didnt mean the actual themes. i ment, if they do add audio, it could be differnt from all the other sm withe similar music

The Mak

as for music, if disney still owned the power rangers, the power rangers in space, lost galaxy, lightspeed rescue, and time force instrumental there songs would work....listen to them on youtube

PHiJa.gif

sanctumsolitude

what about using the spinning of the wheels of the train with a alternator.

Alternators convert mechanical energy to electrical energy. Unlike cars that have motors that are constantly supplying mechanical energy from a combustion motor, roller coasters are dependent on the initial lift hill and gravity for the entirety of their mechanical energy. If you add an alternator, the coaster is going to lose tons of speed and probably won't make it back to the station. Additionally, alternators are not very efficient, especially when they are not running in controlled situations (constant speed, etc) like you would see at a power plant. You would probably just end up adding tons of weight (either actual weight or through the negative effects of the alternator) to the car without a whole lot of reward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom