Space Mountain Rehab confirmed!

Michellynn

Well, for those lamenting the fact that it might be down for their visit in early 2008....try to take comfort in the rides that will be back UP for your visit.

After all, the newly refurbished Haunted Mansion will be back up.

Essentially, no matter when you are are going to go to DW....something will be down for refurb, and something will be coming back up. Enjoy your fortune in seeing what has been newly updated, and don't dwell on what isn't open.

We are going in February and although I'll be disappointed that SM will be down....there are so many new/updated things at all the parks since the last time I went that I will have more than enough to keep me entertained, rather than caught up in being upset about SM not being open.

tirian

Yeah, too bad they won't let WDW and DL be different in their own ways.

No, no, that's a GOOD thing. What he means is that WDW's MK is finally getting the overhauls that DL received for its 50th anniversary. They're not trying to make the two parks identical.

Tom Morrow

^ Well, obviously they're not identical. What he meant was that MK is getting all the same upgrades DL already got.

I don't have a problem with it, though. I just hope that the new Space Mountain isn't an identical track to DL's.

jt04

Imho

^ Well, obviously they're not identical. What he meant was that MK is getting all the same upgrades DL already got.

I don't have a problem with it, though. I just hope that the new Space Mountain isn't an identical track to DL's.

Don't think you have to worry because there is so much more room in the Orlando SM. So if they do a new track it should be entirely unique. I believe all of the SM will be different in the end. And that is cool:cool:

Disclaimer: All of my comments are "IMHO"
(I hope I don't have to say that evertime:rolleyes:)

erasure fan1

I know the day Space Mountain closes for a massive and lengthy refurb me, lee, marini, tirian, and several others on this forum will rejoice in celebration!

Space Mountain in its current state is pathetic and its outragous that disney has let it fall apart the way it did. What used to be a fun, zippy, state of the art coaster with a big postshow is now as rickety and poorly maintained as something at a local carnivale.

You can put me in that bucket as well. If its down when I go in 08' then so be it. Its just like the HM, I am glad I didnt get to ride it this year because I know next year I wont have to ride painfully bad run down attraction.

jedimaster1227

Yeah, too bad they won't let WDW and DL be different in their own ways.

There will be plenty different between Disneyland and WDW, that I can promise. Haunted Mansion is your most blatant sign as of right now. There are several others present (and countless more on the way), so worry not. Our two resorts will remain as two seperate entities.

ToTBellHop

There will be plenty different between Disneyland and WDW, that I can promise. Haunted Mansion is your most blatant sign as of right now. There are several others present (and countless more on the way), so worry not. Our two resorts will remain as two seperate entities.
thankfully, the Disney Parks idea flopped, so we have nothing to worry about...

tirian

HM, refurbed Space Mountain, additional refurbs, and then the upcoming E-ticket...

ToTBellHop

and, interestingly, depending on your perspective, one could argue that Disney Parks flopped either because the general public was too smart to buy into such a bland, unoriginal campaign or too stupid to understand what was going on.

TP2000

A short mention of WDW's Space Mountain was in the Al Lutz update on Miceage this morning. Not much, but after a few paragraphs of talking about what Tony Baxter has planned for Disneyland's Tomorrowland, this comment was made....

"Florida's Tomorrowland is not on anyone's radar, as the only real plans there are for a more modest version of Disneyland's recent Space Mountain refurbishment."

Also some mentions of the WDW Haunted Mansion effects coming to Disneyland, and upgrades coming to Disneyland's Pirates, Indy, and the battalion of seven dark rides at Disneyland. Maybe some of those upgrades will filter out to WDW eventually too? There are only three dark rides in WDW's Magic Kingdom, instead of Disneyland's seven dark rides, but the Florida version of Peter Pan needs help desperately. http://www.miceage.com

jt04

A short mention of WDW's Space Mountain was in the Al Lutz update on Miceage this morning. Not much, but after a few paragraphs of talking about what Tony Baxter has planned for Disneyland's Tomorrowland, this comment was made....

"Florida's Tomorrowland is not on anyone's radar, as the only real plans there are for a more modest version of Disneyland's recent Space Mountain refurbishment."

Also some mentions of the WDW Haunted Mansion effects coming to Disneyland, and upgrades coming to Disneyland's Pirates, Indy, and the battalion of seven dark rides at Disneyland. Maybe some of those upgrades will filter out to WDW eventually too? There are only three dark rides in WDW's Magic Kingdom, instead of Disneyland's seven dark rides, but the Florida version of Peter Pan needs help desperately. http://www.miceage.com

As for me, I will tie my opinion about Al's reliability to his WDW SM prediction. We'll see soon

DisneyNut2007

As for me, I will tie my opinion about Al's reliability to his WDW SM prediction. We'll see soon

Yep. That just goes to show how unreliable and imbecillic Lutz really is.

And what he posted in his latest WDW update is nothing more than his opinion...an opinion that he's making up just because he hates WDW to no end.

I don't even read his site anymore because he and Kevin Yee write too many articles that overflow with constant unnecessary potshots, making for reading that's hard to stomach.

tirian

and, interestingly, depending on your perspective, one could argue that Disney Parks flopped either because the general public was too smart to buy into such a bland, unoriginal campaign or too stupid to understand what was going on.

Guests complained about the generic merch. We got it all back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom