Space Mountain Rehab confirmed!

Castle Cake Apologist

It's actually a pretty major refurb, and there's a countdown to it in the Space breakroom... and I dunno... I can't say too much, but it's exciting what all is going on that we know of...

SJN1279

I for one thinks the Disneyland version of Space Mountain pales in comparison to its WDW counterpart. The Disneyland SM is one of the few coasters on earth without a single vertical drop! Its all turns and very repetive.

At least in WDW you get some good airtime on multiple drops. It is always a must-ride for me when I'm at the world. Disneyland SM, I can do without. I'm happy that the WDW version is getting a refurb that won't turn it into a dropless coaster. What a waste that would be!

Nick

manutdfan1

I for one thinks the Disneyland version of Space Mountain pales in comparison to its WDW counterpart. The Disneyland SM is one of the few coasters on earth without a single vertical drop! Its all turns and very repetive.

At least in WDW you get some good airtime on multiple drops. It is always a must-ride for me when I'm at the world. Disneyland SM, I can do without. I'm happy that the WDW version is getting a refurb that won't turn it into a dropless coaster. What a waste that would be!

Nick
I just went to Disneyland and I can pretty much confirm that there SM has drops. Unless it just made me feel that way while I was riding. Also the special effects in DL kicks WDW's butt.

SpykeYs

That's BS....

Im going there from January 3rd-4th until January 12-13th........ Am I going to miss it ? Everyone were dreaming to do space mountain..... NOOO........

Is the refurb starting on January 1st ?

Thanks!

hayley higgins

I wish they would stop throwing money at a ride that needs to be gutted and replaced. If this is something which won't have to be changed when it's time to gut, then cool, but otherwise, why bother....

I know you classic types want to keep the ride, but really, if any theme park, let alone Disney, built the exact same track and trains right now, as their big new coaster, most of you would laugh it off as a joke. The track really needs to go and get a Disneyland SM type coaster, plus, plus, plus.

I hope that its open in august for my visit in 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enigma

Account Suspended
I know the day Space Mountain closes for a massive and lengthy refurb me, lee, marini, tirian, and several others on this forum will rejoice in celebration!

Space Mountain in its current state is pathetic and its outragous that disney has let it fall apart the way it did. What used to be a fun, zippy, state of the art coaster with a big postshow is now as rickety and poorly maintained as something at a local carnivale.

WDWFigment

When I was just on SM last week, parts of earth (the picture on the ceiling) were chipping off and the track was bright enough to easy see the coaster structure. The previous time I rode it (exactly a year ago) it was not nearly in this bad of shape (although it was no prize pig, either). The chipping earth was really what stood out the most to me.

Castle Cake Apologist

Really?

I ride Space like 5 times a day and see the building every morning that I walk the TTA track, and as far as I know, Earth is a projection... so I don't know how it could be chipping.

There's actually only one major reason that they're doing this rehab, but it's not really one that I can talk about... lol.

But luckily, they're taking the opportunity to do a lot while it's down... but it'll be down for awhile.

kennyj29

I don't know how you can say ours is better than Disneylands! I rode it and absolutely loved the one in Disneyland. I love the two seater seats instead of the one (it holds more people that way) and it was so enjoyable. I haven't ridden our SM in two years. I just can't get into it anymore!

bgraham34

I dont remember the Disneyland version but the one in paris i do. I liked it but it was rough. I much prefer the Disney World version.

WDWFigment

Really?

I ride Space like 5 times a day and see the building every morning that I walk the TTA track, and as far as I know, Earth is a projection... so I don't know how it could be chipping.

There's actually only one major reason that they're doing this rehab, but it's not really one that I can talk about... lol.

But luckily, they're taking the opportunity to do a lot while it's down... but it'll be down for awhile.

Maybe the projection of earth is chipping? Take a look at it the next time you're in the building, we rode it on four separate days, and each day, it had the same 'chipped' look.

SpykeYs

Hello,

I just called Disney and they don't even know that it's going to be down. Im trying to find the specific date so I can plan my disney trip. I was suppose to go from January 4th until 14th...

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom