Space Mountain Rehab confirmed!

Eyorefan

This ride is a true classic, i hope they don't add rock music to it like RnRC... some cool space music might be nice though. (don't ask me to define space music).

prberk

Now would be the perfect time to give us a roller coaster that can actually compete with the ones at Busch Gardens and Hershey Park.

Walt Disney World is not Busch Gardens or Hershey Park. It is a whole different experience -- which isn't to say that it should not have rollercoasters, but that its purpose is not the same. It never was about sheer rollercoasters, but instead about theme, story, and experience for the whole family.

I rode the "new" Space Mountain at Disneyland last year, and really enjoyed it: It modernized the ride, but kept the theme and family-friendliness.

It was more sleek and fun, but did not blast off at blood-curdling speed. Just enough to be fun and crazy for all riders.

Paul

EPCOT.nut

I think the one side remains classic - the other side with a new track - is a truly great idea. Wonder which line would be longer? :)

doop

There is more to the rehab than that. I promise you. WDW Management is cleaning up the Magic Kingdom in a very Disneyland-esque manner. I promise that there is more to this refurbishment than just an alteration to the queue line setup.
I sure hope so..

the-reason14

I hope they dont do anything stupid. Like make it like a rrnrc with space music. I like the queu the way it is but wouldnt mind to much for it to change, I do like the fp being close to the standby in a way, but it would be nice if there was a barrier between the two. IE no dirty looks and no seeing how the other people are getting in faster than you. I hope they keep the music and just upgrade the line area alittle, and def. update the post show.

Hope all they do in the coaster part is smooth out the track and add better effects in the main room and maybe(and this is a BIG maybe) enclose the lift and the main queu. I dont know about the last one because I like those the way they are but it wouldnt be real bad if they changed.

Timekeeper

New Audio

This ride is a true classic, i hope they don't add rock music to it like RnRC... some cool space music might be nice though. (don't ask me to define space music).

A bus driver told me - while driving me from Disney Studios to Animal Kingdom - that the new Space Mountain will feature a soundtrack by Marilyn Manson. :lookaroun

Tk

sillykid

That lying bus driver. He told me it was going to be Barry Manilow and Bette Midler. And Bette Midler screams as you go down the big drop.:ROFLOL:

tirian

No, the big drop features Tina Turner.

Bette Midler is in the launch tunnel...

...and the two big humps at the beginning are choreographed to Dolly Parton.

BwanaBob

Am I the only one who is wondering if SM is going to the same place as Lindsay Lohan and Brittany Spears??????

Wow. Get famous... make headlines.... enter rehab.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I always believe Cast Members and Bus drivers... they're great reliable sources... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun
hmmmm, much like bus driver carl said in Sept 06 that the Swan/Dolphin's black sections were to be removed for.... well, you know. i was the only one that wasnt ohhh'ing and ahhh'ing. i was laughing. sorry to spoil the fun carl. bus drivers :D

Never say never ;)

Anyone got the duration of this refurb yet?
as long as its up sept 30th... i could careless, my neck needs a little soreness. :lol:

Hey! Bus Drivers are cast members too!
see above

BB- nice post. so if SM was LiLo or Brittney, would the Star Tunnel actually be.... :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom