Space Mountain refurbishment photo update (Thur 5 Nov)

I'm not saying it's a huge deal, but the little things are special at Disney to me, and when they look like crap, it irks me.

Does anyone know why I can't edit my posts? It's been driving me crazy!

and i understand that and respect that because i too care for the "little" things, but ill argue the status of a planter in my eyes is miniscule compared to bgm and theming.

CaptainMichael

If I had to be outraged over something, it would be that awful-looking "arcade" and the rest of the clutter surrounding Space Mountain. The planter should just be visual proof to everyone that we need to temper our expectations for this refurb severely.

Topiary in the shape of the spires, topiary in the form of planets.

There's two I can think of off the top of my head.

I can agree there,but if that was done you would have people argue that its "gimmacky". As well as people asking how planet shaped topiary is "tomorrowland". I dont think people will be happy anyway.
just saying

hpyhnt 1000

Topiary in the shape of the spires, topiary in the form of planets.

There's two I can think of off the top of my head.

Which may still happen. Let things grow in for a few weeks/months; allow the tree and lower shrubery to mature. And either way, this new tree and planter is light years better than the moldy 30 year old fountain with the pealing paint that used to sit in the exact same spot.

IWant2GoNow

I'm just upset that the plants aren't lime green... totally clashes with the new color scheme. Sheesh, Disney. :rolleyes:

I'm a tad disappointed that this wasn't some kind of elaborate fountain with jumping water from the center section to the little outer ones and back to the center one. Imagine a glistening fountain beside the mountain with people walking under the jumping water. Would have made a great photo spot. I know nothing about a fountain was said in truth and it was all rumor, but everything they did with the concrete around the new planter just screamed "something sweet is going right here". And instead... we get a couple palms and the "Tomorrow Tree" in the center. Because, unfortunately, it will always be there "tomorrow". A nice topiary of Wall-E and Eve would have been nice. Oh well. It doesn't make me hate it so at least something was put there. :shrug:

WDW 3

I just don't care. Honestly, when I'm there I won't stop look at a tree/any tree and think twice about it.

Oh, except a Christmas tree! My first Disney Christmas:xmas:

Lee

Adventurer
Im arguing that its not a big deal, I am aware its part of theming as a whole. But I ask, besides themed topiary, what would they put in to make it tomorrowland?

A smallish fountain with colored lighting...
A cool statue of...oh, say....spaceman Mickey, preparing to launch...
Another metal tree, themed like the others....
A moving futuristic sculpture with cool lighting, like pluck the top off the Orbitron in Hong Kong and stick it there...
2848311234_49f06dcaf0.jpg

Quite a lot they could have done with it.

CrashNet

With how this went from a complete rebuild to a "paint job," I'm just glad its actually going to open on time. A least it'll be back open to ride, whatever form its in.

A moving futuristic sculpture with cool lighting...

Yes but those aren't "planters", sculptures, and fountains yes. Not saying they couldnt do alot with the area

So they didnt:shrug:, its over, not going to deter me from going over to space mountain. I could care less as long as the plants arent withered and they look green. Funny how one planter, that is much like the others in tomorrowland, is getting so much grief.

A moving futuristic sculpture with cool lighting, like pluck the top off the Orbitron in Hong Kong and stick it there...
2848311234_49f06dcaf0.jpg

Again they could have done alot with the area, but for the past week we realized it was just going to be a planter. I honestly want to see an areial of the design around it though (the rings) Looks more elaborate than I thought.

gustaftp

What I'm more curious about than the planter is the color of Space. It looks... beige. Especially compared to the spires. What's going on with that?

fountain

I know alot has been made about the new water projections in DL.

Wouldn't it be great to get a water screen in the fountain in the new fountain?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom