Space Mountain refurbishment photo update (Thur 5 Nov)

Call me crazy but how about something new, innovative and....wait for it.....futuristic!

2rojp1z.jpg

I agree with that, but we are fitting that in between the bathrooms, and in front of space mountain. Again, what would they have to do to a planter to make it more disney? Its a planter.
And they just planted, give it a chance.

SleepingMonk

Yup, just keep lowering your expectations and Disney will never let you down!

Taken on it's own of course the planter isn't a big deal....but unfortunately it's one of many cut corners and quick fixes.

Disney has gone from shooting for the stars to shooting blanks.

hpyhnt 1000

Okay, c'mon everyone, let's take it down a notch and take a deep breath. Its a tree that hasn't even been in the ground for 12 hours and already its a failure.

Every new tree looks "scraggly" because its new. Give the roots a chance to develop and let the tree grow in. Who knows, after its mature landscaping might actually shape the tree like they did the old oak trees around SSE (perhaps a cone or cylindrical tree topiary to compliment the architecture of SM?) Point is, yes the tree isn't what we wanated, but to make it seem like this will "ruin" your Disney vacation b/c its "bad show" is crazy.

Lee

Adventurer
See....told ya'll it wasn't a fountain.:D

That said....eh...it isn't that bad. I can live with it.
Actually, it's pretty much on the level with the rest of the "refurb".
As my source said months ago: "Prepare to be underwhelmed.":rolleyes:

SleepingMonk

I agree with that, but we are fitting that in between the bathrooms, and in front of space mountain. Again, what would they have to do to a planter to make it more disney? Its a planter.
And they just planted, give it a chance.

It doesn't have to be that grand of course, just keep the theme and advance the feel of the area. It could be a water feature, not even a fountain, a lighting effect, an animatronic, a statue....a million things other than a dead common planter.

Yup, just keep lowering your expectations and Disney will never let you down!

Taken on it's own of course the planter isn't a big deal....but unfortunately it's one of many cut corners and quick fixes.

Disney has gone from shooting for the stars to shooting blanks.

Its a planter, if i had the expectations of it being a planter, then how did I lower my expectations. This is exactly what I expected. Its to fill space, and "green" the area up? Nothing more, and nothing less.

I think people are a little upset its not a fountain. And are bumed its flowers and trees?

Exprcoofto

Okay, c'mon everyone, let's take it down a notch and take a deep breath. Its a tree that hasn't even been in the ground for 12 hours and already its a failure.

Every new tree looks "scraggly" because its new. Give the roots a chance to develop and let the tree grow in. Who knows, after its mature landscaping might actually shape the tree like they did the old oak trees around SSE (perhaps a cone or cylindrical tree topiary to compliment the architecture of SM?) Point is, yes the tree isn't what we wanated, but to make it seem like this will "ruin" your Disney vacation b/c its "bad show" is crazy.

Exactly, I think we should give it some time. I'm certainly not happy with it, but that not going to make me hate Space Mountain or anything else. I would much rather see a group of the metal palms with cool LED lights during the night time. lol

I think the main thing is that everyone's expectations were let down...and hopes that future improvements of any kind will not be grand scale.

Most everyones expectations were a fountain, and a "grand" fountain at that.
So i can see this is a let down.
And I love how things are already called crap before they are even finished. Lets make a judgement when it opens. And much like an above poster said. IT was just planted

SleepingMonk

I didn't know anything about a fountain rumor, that's really not the point.

For me it's just another example of Disney doing the bare minimum to fill a spot instead of really putting in some effort in an attempt to wow the guests.

WDWFanatic

Perhaps they have to add more green as a rule? I mean when we demo buildings we have to put back more green per code. Maybe its just a requirement?? Also if there was a fountain would it have to be shut off at times for water conservation? I think a dry water feature would look horrible. Im just guessing here, but yes the planter could be more "inventive"

I didn't know anything about a fountain rumor, that's really not the point.

For me it's just another example of Disney doing the bare minimum to fill a spot instead of really putting in some effort in an attempt to wow the guests.

again how much room did they have?, its in front of the bathroom. Why doesn't anyone complain about the other planters in tomorrowland? Just another reason I guess to look for something bad.

SirGoofy

again how much room did they have?, its in front of the bathroom. Why doesn't anyone complain about the other planters in tomorrowland? Just another reason I guess to look for something bad.

:rolleyes:

It something new involved with the refurb of one of, if not the, most iconic ride at Walt Disney World. And it looks terrible. No reason to look for something bad when they put it right out in front of your face.

SirGoofy

I'm not saying it's a huge deal, but the little things are special at Disney to me, and when they look like crap, it irks me.

Does anyone know why I can't edit my posts? It's been driving me crazy!

:rolleyes:

It something new involved with the refurb of one of, if not the, most iconic ride at Walt Disney World. And it looks terrible. No reason to look for something bad when they put it right out in front of your face.

Again, its a planter? How much more theming do they have to do with a planter.

So the planter is going to make and break "the most iconic ride in disney world". :shrug:

SleepingMonk

I'm really not looking to tear Disney to pieces. I love Disney, and I know they're capable of much more. If I really thought this was the best they could do I wouldn't say a thing.

SirGoofy

Again, its a planter? How much more theming do they have to do with a planter.

So the planter is going to make and break "the most important ride in disney world". :shrug:

No, it's not going to make or break it, it's just a microcosm of the overall tone of the refurb.

And I explain in my other post why small things bother me in Disney.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom