Space Mountain refurbishment photo update (Thur 5 Nov)

jt04

You're kidding me right. IT'S A PLANTER!!! IT'S A BLOODY PLANTER!!!!!!!!!!!! GET. A. GRIP.

That is the problem. It's just a planter. They put planters in walmart parking lots. The moct iconic attraction at the most iconic Disney park deserves so much more than a planter with a scraggly live oak. :hurl:

Please.:brick:

...I like it, alot. As one who thought it was going to be a planter, it looks good. And I want to see an arial of the design around it, looks more complex then i originally thought.

hpyhnt 1000

I agree with TestTrack. Its a tree in a planter. Sure, its not a fountain but Tomorrowland desperately needs more greenery and this will help. It also matches the greenery that was already in the old VIP area. What's so bad about it? To literally shout that its bad show is insane.

jt04

Wait till you see it in person...the tree is not even balanced looking. Next years slogan is going to be, WDW...The world of letdowns! I am sure that this isn't the best that Imagineering could come up with...but only what the budget would allow.

That is because once again WDW is financing the amazing adds going into the Disneyland resort. That needs to stop. I thought it had but it appears it hasn't. :brick:

jt04

I agree with TestTrack. Its a tree in a planter. Sure, its not a fountain but Tomorrowland desperately needs more greenery and this will help. It also matches the greenery that was already in the old VIP area. What's so bad about it? To literally shout that its bad show is insane.

It's Tomorrowland not a parking lot. It would be OK for a parking lot........at Walmart. :rolleyes:

It's Tomorrowland not a parking lot. It would be OK for a parking lot........at Walmart. :rolleyes:

Ummm, so what would you want in front of space mountain, that would not distract from the actual scenery and scale of the mountain. Anything else would be distracting and unescesarry. (i.e. a fountain)

SirGoofy

Has someone hacked JT's account!?

Because I completely agree. What a pedestrian looking planter. The tree is incredibly scraggily looking. Sure it's not a big deal, but the fact that it's so plain looking for TOMORROWland is disappointing.

:shrug:

jt04

Ummm, so what would you want in front of space mountain, that would not distract from the actual scenery and scale of the mountain. Anything else would be distracting and unescesarry. (i.e. a fountain)

Yep, get rid of all those details and the place making design Disney parks are known for. Who needs it? It's just Six Flags anyway when you think about it.

Unbelievable. :hammer:

WDWFigment

How would a fountain distract while a large tree would not? I fail to understand that line of reasoning. Fountains can have a lower profile, are generally more serene, and in my opinion, just look better.

I would have preferred a Stitch topiary. At least that is something uniquely Disney. This tree just looks like crap.

SleepingMonk

Call me crazy but how about something new, innovative and....wait for it.....futuristic!

2rojp1z.jpg

DisneyLeo18

I think it looks nice. The only thing that seemed bad about it was maybe fill in the bottom a little more, but this pic doesn't look to bad. I will wait until i see it in person before I let it ruin WDW for me :lol:

Oh and does anyone know if the branches fold up at night? :lookaroun:lol:

jt04

Has someone hacked JT's account!?

Because I completely agree. What a pedestrian looking planter. The tree is incredibly scraggily looking. Sure it's not a big deal, but the fact that it's so plain looking for TOMORROWland is disappointing.

:shrug:

I think you should make some calls. First they push Stitch back on us and now we get a stick plant for the Holidays.

Really Disney? What is this some kinda scrooge promotion? :fork::rolleyes:

I'm outta here. :brick:

Yep, get rid of all those details and the place making design Disney parks are known for. Who needs it? It's just Six Flags anyway when you think about it.

Unbelievable. :hammer:

cause im going to complain about a planter:ROFLOL: its not like im going to stand in front of it, and wonder why its not anything else. I really am going to be looking at the scenery of the mountain and the tta not of the planter next to the bathroom. I find it "unbelievable that you just complain. Believe me I dont like it, but it is and always was just a planter? What else would you like them to do with a planter. A fountain is "future".

Buried20KLeague

Thanks for the pic but how utterly underwhelming. I guess we should be grateful it isn't a Stitch Topiary. :hurl:

I'm so glad I didn't renew my AP's. Now I can use that money for my trip to see the new DCA to see WoC.

PS And I won't be going back to the World until at least a preview center opens like BSC.

Bad Show TDO :hammer:

Alright... Who are you and what have you done with jt?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I mean... What you're saying here is awful "gloomy". :lookaroun

Although I totally agree. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom