SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

RSoxNo1

On episode #148 of The WDW Radio Show, Lou Mongello has an interview with imagineer Alex Wright about the Space Mountain refurbishment. He does ask him about the lack of on board audio, but doesn't press upon it when the topic is changed. Wright basically said that we consider aspects of everything, and what they would contribute (see: generic response), and then provides the example of the removal of the glow strips as having a functional purpose (makes the ride darker).

The only real explanation that came out of it as to why there was no on-board audio was the set up of the Rockets, and how people like the "low slung" rockets. However, he did not follow this up by saying that audio couldn't be added to a low slung rocket, he just kind of implied that the rocket set up was prohibitive.

He also did confirm that the green screen set up at the end of the ramp would showcase guests in the other post show scenes that led up to the green screen area.

bearboysnc

Although I do agree a blinking red light would be a distraction. I have a hard time believing that it is so visible that it becomes obnoxious, unless you are looking for them then sure. O well Ill find out in a month for myself.

They aren't blinking red, just glowing red in a dimly lit room. Theres the ring of red lights around the camera, and then theres an addition rectangle panel of red lights them sitting just below the camera. There in several straight-aways near the end, they're hard to miss as the rocket heads directly towards them.The least they could have done is place them overhead, or out of the visual path of the vehicals.

We get something good like the PoTC and HM updates. then we get crappy ones like the new sound system in CBJ mounted to the ceiling and now SM

nibblesandbits

On episode #148 of The WDW Radio Show, Lou Mongello has an interview with imagineer Alex Wright about the Space Mountain refurbishment. He does ask him about the lack of on board audio, but doesn't press upon it when the topic is changed. Wright basically said that we consider aspects of everything, and what they would contribute (see: generic response), and then provides the example of the removal of the glow strips as having a functional purpose (makes the ride darker).

The only real explanation that came out of it as to why there was no on-board audio was the set up of the Rockets, and how people like the "low slung" rockets. However, he did not follow this up by saying that audio couldn't be added to a low slung rocket, he just kind of implied that the rocket set up was prohibitive.

He also did confirm that the green screen set up at the end of the ramp would showcase guests in the other post show scenes that led up to the green screen area.
I too noticed he skirted around the issue and then basically changed the subject with that question.

EPCOT Explorer

I too noticed he skirted around the issue and then basically changed the subject with that question.

Of course. Lou is told to be (or perhaps even payed) to make Disney look good. How else could he score these interviews? Cat Cora? Julie Andrews? Mr. Wright?.... I don't think that he did that on his own. Nothing against him, of course, but it just isn't probable. He started out with a amateur PodCast.

nibblesandbits

Of course. Lou is told to be (or perhaps even payed) to make Disney look good. How else could he score these interviews? Cat Cora? Julie Andrews? Mr. Wright?.... I don't think that he did that on his own. Nothing against him, of course, but it just isn't probable. He started out with a amateur PodCast.
Yeah...I agree with that too. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, I guess. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom