SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

mickey2008.1

Thank you Mr. Epcot. your updates and pictures are great and factual. If you are a pilot in the sky, i hope to see you in December. Keep up the great work! You give us the facts, not bs and fanboy crap. Cheers!:xmas:

HMF

Shirt upclose.

Image-568x758-JPG.jpg
Even the gift shop acknowledges that Disneyland's is better.

HMF

I would also love to know how Disneyland's Space Mountain queue is better than WDW's? You go past a brown and gold painted 1998 colored tomorrowland theater featuring Honey I shrunk the Audience, overgrown plants and cracked tile benches, up through a 1970s mall foodcourt, beneath an unused peoplemover track, outdoors around a patio with a painted landing symbol for rocketships, past an unused second story shopping boutique, and into a back and forth narrow queue of posters, chrome walls, and track lighting, with the load room being somewhat of a saving grace. The post show, our lack there of, has more posters, a few signs, and a picture pick-up desk.

The ride experience: after you make it up a couple of lifthills (one in which the effect of speed is nowhere achieved like it is with WDW's blue tunnel), after the last lifthill, it's bank to the right, bank to the right, bank to the right, over 95% all the way down.
I will acknowledge as much as I think Disneyland's is FAR superior WDW does have a better queue.

HMF

Being negative and pointing out shortcomings are two different things. Just like optimism and delusion are two different things. Someone saying they are disappointed with a rehab or the loss of an attraction or the service they received is not being negative. I prefer these "realists" to the people who look at a turd and praise TDO for it.
My favorite post of the day.

EpcotServo

I love it! :lol: Think it's kinda kitschy, but it explains something we needed to know.:ROFLOL:

It's the immortal SPACE MOUNTAIN. Since 1975, from Paris to Tokyo, the time tested international test of casting out the stupids has been to outcast anyone who actually thinks "If this is SPACE Mountain, why can I breath?". There's just some questions you DON'T get points for asking...
:lol:

Expo_Seeker40

It of course comes down to opinion, but other than an exterior light package, and very smooth track, I don't see how Disneyland's (CA) SM is superior to WDW's. For me, the lighting and smoothness are key parts, the smoothness for a great ride, and the exterior lighting, especially for Tomorrowland FL with the new interchanging lights along the TTA.

As for onboard audio, interesting to me, but then you're stuck hearing the same song over and over again when you ride.

It sounds like the lifthill has new speakers and pumping out some nice ambient sounds, would be nice as an alternative to onboard audio to have speakers along the track with the sounds of space (even though there is no sound in space :lookaroun)

But, other than lighting, smooth track, and being 50/50 on onboard audio, I don't see how Disneyland's smaller mountain, constant right hand turns, lack of postshow, tiny and bland queue, and mixture of indoor and outdoor entry area makes it better than WDW's Space Mountain as a whole.

I haven't ridden Space Mountain in CA, but if anyone wants to donate to the Expo_Seeker Spc Mtn challenge, I will pay for airline tickets if you pay for me to come to DL for a day and ride Spc Mtn. :D

hpyhnt 1000

Sorry if this is a supid question, but how do we know that Space Mountain shirt is DL's?

The "Space Mountain" logo on the shirt. The SM building logo itself also appears to be the DL version, but that one is up for debate. The wording is definitely Disneyland though.

EpcotServo

Sorry if this is a supid question, but how do we know that Space Mountain shirt is DL's?

WDW's has many more beams and shorter gaps, at the bottom. Disneyland's has fewer beams and wider gaps at the bottom center.

It's subtle, but after some quick training...easy to catch.

Figment1986

It's the immortal SPACE MOUNTAIN. Since 1975, from Paris to Tokyo, the time tested international test of casting out the stupids has been to outcast anyone who actually thinks "If this is SPACE Mountain, why can I breath?". There's just some questions you DON'T get points for asking...

wait, you mean there is no air in space and we have had a invisible air shied the whole time... wow :hammer: it looks like they just wanted to change the panel out and came up with something random they thought would fit...

EPCOT Explorer

That's what makes it hysterical!:ROFLOL: They actually ADDED a answer for that? :lol: I love it.

EpcotServo

I really don't get why they spent money for effects in the launch tunnel, which was fine, and not the horrible "spare track" that you have to go back and fourth wasting time on before you get to Unload. Re entry is a much better place for both the photo op and new effects...

Anyways, can't wait to see it in person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom