SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

Expo_Seeker40

The Imagineers asked that this shirt be provided so any WDWer going to Disneyland can wear this shirt and fit in without being hazed at Disneyland by SpaceStation77 Fanboys. :lookaroun

_Scar

:lookaroun

2qs3rck.jpg

Wow.... that's quite alike. It's like copy and paste :lol:

Kinda sucks Disneyland always steals the shot. No matter what, if a castle is shown it's either Sleeping Beauty in its entirety or Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty. And remember those cups with HMH on it? And all the Disney parks commercials....

:(:cry:

magicmaya

The Imagineers asked that this shirt be provided so any WDWer going to Disneyland can wear this shirt and fit in without being hazed at Disneyland by SpaceStation77 Fanboys. :lookaroun

Maybe that shirt is a passport to DL so you could get through baggage claim in the post show. :lookaroun

Expo_Seeker40

Hey....is there an Earth Projection on the ceiling again? Also, how ambient music in the loading rooms.....any space mountain com chat heard on the speakers?

SeaCastle

It of course comes down to opinion, but other than an exterior light package, and very smooth track, I don't see how Disneyland's (CA) SM is superior to WDW's. For me, the lighting and smoothness are key parts, the smoothness for a great ride, and the exterior lighting, especially for Tomorrowland FL with the new interchanging lights along the TTA.

As for onboard audio, interesting to me, but then you're stuck hearing the same song over and over again when you ride.

It sounds like the lifthill has new speakers and pumping out some nice ambient sounds, would be nice as an alternative to onboard audio to have speakers along the track with the sounds of space (even though there is no sound in space :lookaroun)

But, other than lighting, smooth track, and being 50/50 on onboard audio, I don't see how Disneyland's smaller mountain, constant right hand turns, lack of postshow, tiny and bland queue, and mixture of indoor and outdoor entry area makes it better than WDW's Space Mountain as a whole.

I haven't ridden Space Mountain in CA, but if anyone wants to donate to the Expo_Seeker Spc Mtn challenge, I will pay for airline tickets if you pay for me to come to DL for a day and ride Spc Mtn. :D

You bring up some valid points. For starters, Disneyland's TL is even worse off than our's. DL's Space Mountain lacks theme and story. Walt Disney World's Space Mountain has an aura of mystery for me and really envelops me.

However, Disneyland's Space Mountain is hands-down by favorite ride at the resort. I've had the oppurtunity to ride it twice, and it is a blast. I listen to the soundtrack at home, but when you're in the park the music adds so much. It adds anticipation as you go through the tunnel and you're about to be "launched". The audio is perfectly synchronous. Space Mountain on the West Coast is just downright fun. I can't describe it in words, but if I could I'd ride it all day.

Your opinion of their Space Mountain would very much change once you've ridden it - mine certainly did. :)

mickey2008.1

Both DL's and WDW's both have something unique.[/QUOTE]
Best put! And as i stated, most people on this site say DLs is not a great ride, not myself as i have never been on it. This why people visit different parks, because if they were all the same, whats the reason then?

HMF

Wow.... that's quite alike. It's like copy and paste :lol:

Kinda sucks Disneyland always steals the shot. No matter what, if a castle is shown it's either Sleeping Beauty in its entirety or Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty. And remember those cups with HMH on it? And all the Disney parks commercials....

:(:cry:
Generic Rasulo "Disney Parks" branding.

Expo_Seeker40

Hey,I'm sure it's a very smooth rollercoaster and fun ride....but other than that I just don't see how it measures up past WDW's.

Again, I'm a student loan paying college student, I'll scrounge up the money for some cheap redeye flight to Disneyland and a night at a motel if someone would be kind to buy me a day pass to Disneyland and see for myself to ride Space Mtn and (I agree) superior Pirates and awesome HM facade LOL.

Travelguy31

I find all of this back and forth interesting, I have visited both WDW and DLR. I agree that SM is a very important attraction at both venues, but in the grand scheme of things, lets think about this, no we did not get on board audio, etc. But, we do have 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, and a plethora of resorts to choose from, so overall, I think that puts the icing on the cake. Yes, we don't have the "extras" per say on SM BUT look what we do have that DLR does not and will probably never have. IMO :lookaroun

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
As for onboard audio, interesting to me, but then you're stuck hearing the same song over and over again when you ride.

That's kind of a weird statement to me, that's like saying you're stuck listening to the Raiders March every time you watch an Indiana Jones movie, or Grim, Grinning Ghosts every time you ride The Haunted Mansion.

Captain Hank

What SSE model in the back. you mean the one from the 94 descent?
As pictured in an earlier post (by Mr. Epcot, I think), there is a little model of Spaceship Earth on a shelf behind the robot butler in the final scene of the Space Mountain post-show. It's not the one from the old SSE descent--the globe portion is a little bit larger than an average snow globe, and it has little pylon legs.

Edit:

4102778483_c2c1d0f76e_b.jpg

Captain Hank

Hey....is there an Earth Projection on the ceiling again? Also, how ambient music in the loading rooms.....any space mountain com chat heard on the speakers?
I didn't see any Earth projection inside the dome. Com Chat in loading area is loud and clear--moreso than I ever remember it. I don't think there was any music in there, though (could be wrong).

mickey2008.1

I find all of this back and forth interesting, I have visited both WDW and DLR. I agree that SM is a very important attraction at both venues, but in the grand scheme of things, lets think about this, no we did not get on board audio, etc. But, we do have 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, and a plethora of resorts to choose from, so overall, I think that puts the icing on the cake. Yes, we don't have the "extras" per say on SM BUT look what we do have that DLR does not and will probably never have. IMO :lookaroun
This should be a new thread if not already done. But WDW blows DL out of the water. DL looks like coney island! But that for a different thread.

magicmaya

If DL didn't have SM than I wouldn't even visit. :lookaroun
DL needs a good SM or it would be nothing.
Since WDW has 6 parks than I guess our SM is ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom